Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

59 minutes ago, RickT said:

I’m on the 03/16/19 5 day cruise on the Infinity and received a Move Up bid offer about 10 days ago.  When we booked Oceanview Cabins were a very good deal with Verandas and above selling for more than most on a 7 day cruise.

Even though the ship is showing as sold out our offer allowed us to bid on a Veranda, Family Veranda, Concierge and Aqua.  I bid the max ($135 CDN) on the Veranda, $180 on the Family Veranda and $250 on Aqua.  

I received an e-mail Monday that my bid for a Veranda had been accepted and was assigned a partially obstructed 2B.  

Not it sure it matters but I’m Elite and booked directly with X.

Overall I’m pleased.  Not the best Veranda but my cost to bid was significantly less than it would have been to have booked a Veranda originally.

Are 2B obstructed now? I thought only 2D and 2C had obstructions.

7 hours ago, Sandy1975 said:

Are 2B obstructed now? I thought only 2D and 2C had obstructions.

I'm booked on the Infinity, some of the 2B cabins have minor obstructions.  I believe you are thinking of the S-Class ships where only the 2D and 2C have obstructions.

2 minutes ago, A Sixth? said:

Dumb question and sorry I didn't read the entire thread, but are all your "goodies" left intact if you win a bid?

The BBB bundled pricing perks stay the same as do the CC points.  

The benefits associated with the cabin category change to the ones associated with the new booking category.

38 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

The BBB bundled pricing perks stay the same as do the CC points.  

The benefits associated with the cabin category change to the ones associated with the new booking category.

That's what I thought.... too bad they couldn't recognize the points... 

51 minutes ago, A Sixth? said:

That's what I thought.... too bad they couldn't recognize the points... 

I agree. I find it annoying that should one win a move up bid, one pays the higher gratuities (which I think is quite fair) but do not receive the higher CC points.

On 4/23/2018 at 2:49 PM, CruisingChick said:

I just received an e-mail from Celebrity regarding my upcoming 7 night Bermuda cruise titled Celebrity MoveUp. It says I can bid on an upgrade. So I clicked on the upgrade link and check veranda, since we are booked in an ocean view. The LOWEST it will let me "bid" is $400 per person. What?

You want me to pay another $800 to move up from an outside to a veranda? That's crazy.

Has anyone used this before?

Indeed, from AQ to Sky Suite

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, paulbds said:

I am based in UK and offered moveup programme. Booked direct with celebrity

Bid on AQ. Fingers crossed   will advise

Yes, it’s now available this side of the pond and is applicable to TA bookings as well as direct with X. Unless it’s a top suite (where the location will be good wherever), you have to be happy that you may be assigned with the worse cabin in the particular category you have bid on. If you are happy with that, together with the price, then all is good 😉. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, ade999 said:

If you have booked a GTY are you likely to still get an email? We have booked a GTY suite for a sailing as it was the only suite left and would be interested in bidding up if we can.

You don't have to wait to get a Move Up email, just go to the Home page menu and click on the Move Up, enter your info and bid.

4 hours ago, ade999 said:

Did you already have your suite assigned? We are still pending assignment.

I had booked a SS Guarantee just after final payment and after more than two months still did not have a cabin assignment.    I received a move-up offer for CS, RS and PS.   I bid on the RS and the offer was accepted.   The RS cabin was immediately assigned but it took 24 hours before the luggage tags were available to order or print.

21 minutes ago, FmlyCrsr said:

How long before the cruise did you get your move ups accepted or declined? Do they really only do  it 48 hours in advanceor is there a chance  that we get informed before?

Really depends sometimes days after you bid up to 3 days to your cruise. Had a friend that flew to Rome one week early then found out a day or so later he had won on his bid.

UK booking. First time Celebrity. It's a bid of fun if you bid cheap.  Like Premium Bonds you don't lose your stake (unless you win) and like a bet on the Grand National (UK horse race) nobody really knows which one is going to win.  Adds of touch of piquancy  to the last few weeks before a cruise.  I like it.

• Like 1

Update. to my upgrade bid

I bid £80 each for an upgrade from inside ( deck 10). This was the minimum amount-still showed red on the meter-

Due to sail transatlantic miami6to Southampton on 28th April

Just had email, total £160 for ocean view and now on deck 6.

Oceanview looks good looking at YouTube video

I am happy to have paid the extra for the view and slightly extra size room. Works out at just over £11/ night extra

Offer of £335 each for aqua class upgrade rejected!. Not a problem as travelling with 2 other couples.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1