Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

I put in a MoveUp offer to go from an OV to AQ.  I got a ping on my phone that Celebrity charged me.  I went in to look at my MoveUp's and saw they moved me from OV to a 2B.  My TA called them and they told her there were no more AQ staterooms left, so I said to move me back to my OV.  This morning, Celebrity found me an AQ stateroom.  It ended well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I put in a MoveUp offer to go from an OV to AQ.  I got a ping on my phone that Celebrity charged me.  I went in to look at my MoveUp's and saw they moved me from OV to a 2B.  My TA called them and they told her there were no more AQ staterooms left, so I said to move me back to my OV.  This morning, Celebrity found me an AQ stateroom.  It ended well.

Happy it worked out for you.  Thanks for sharing!  I am currently in an OV, but, have an AQ pending with all other bids expired.  I am trying not to get my hopes up too much.  ALSO, did they charge you the 2B price or the AQ price for the upgrade?

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Happy it worked out for you.  Thanks for sharing!  I am currently in an OV, but, have an AQ pending with all other bids expired.  I am trying not to get my hopes up too much.  ALSO, did they charge you the 2B price or the AQ price for the upgrade?

I only bid on AQ and FV.  That's why I was surprised to see the 2B stateroom show up in both the app and the cruise planner.    The AQ price was the one they selected and charged me.  I bid a little extra for the FV.   My TA worked it out for me. She said she was on hold for over 2 hours yesterday, then got cut off, and tried again this morning.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Really surprised they tried to pull a swifty like that though. They're not giving you what you paid for, so if there weren't enough bids for the 2b nobody should be transferred there. And then they give a free upgrade, or a spare as they decide subsequently.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 4:19 PM, DonahCBrown said:

No drinks package or streaming internet. Not sure that the streaming internet would have helped in Alaska, as there was barely even regular internet except in ports, where my iPhone hotspot worked just fine.  

I'm currently trying to determine whether or not to bid for a Royal Suite on Solstice. We booked in a cruise only fare. We received the MoveUp email and clicked into that link. For the Royal Suite, it listed Premium "All-In" Benefits, including complimentary Premium Beverage package, unlimited complimentary specialty dining, and unlimited internet access. For the Sky and Celebrity Suites, neither mentioned the Beverage Package nor the Internet.

I gave Celebrity a call, and after much asking around, they confirmed that a MoveUp to a Royal Suite would entitle guests to those amenities as they come with the room. I then also found this one-pager that summarizes this. (Attached)

However, having read your post, I'm back to being confused about what's included for Royal Suites. Can anyone else chime in on their recent (or not) experience?

CEL_TheRetreat_OnePager celebrity moveup.pdf

I'm currently booked as a solo on Infinity, as part of the current solo promotion Celebrity has going on. In looking at the MoveUp email, it says singles would have to pay 200% of the move up bid.

Since the cruise is part of the current solo promotion, does anyone know if I win, would I pay 100% or 200% of the bid? Thinking about bidding to a Royal Suite.

6 hours ago, xoveronica said:

I'm currently trying to determine whether or not to bid for a Royal Suite on Solstice. We booked in a cruise only fare. We received the MoveUp email and clicked into that link. For the Royal Suite, it listed Premium "All-In" Benefits, including complimentary Premium Beverage package, unlimited complimentary specialty dining, and unlimited internet access. For the Sky and Celebrity Suites, neither mentioned the Beverage Package nor the Internet.

I gave Celebrity a call, and after much asking around, they confirmed that a MoveUp to a Royal Suite would entitle guests to those amenities as they come with the room. I then also found this one-pager that summarizes this. (Attached)

However, having read your post, I'm back to being confused about what's included for Royal Suites. Can anyone else chime in on their recent (or not) experience?

CEL_TheRetreat_OnePager celebrity moveup.pdf 63.81 kB · 13 downloads

I hate that Celebrity doesn't date their documents.   There is another chart of the full set of stateroom amenities which now states that bev package and internet are not part of the All In amenities with MoveUp.   It would have been great to get the home office assertion that they do in writing so you would have something to show the ship when they will probably deny them.   It seems to be reported that since the restart they are not part of the amenities for RS and above when doing MoveUP.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, xoveronica said:

CEL_TheRetreat_OnePager celebrity moveup.pdf 63.81 kB · 19 downloads

My experience has been that when you are upgraded you maintain you existing perks - which are Tips, Wifi and Drink.   If you don't have those you don't get them. 

What comes with the room is a bar setup with 2 Liter bottles of the Premium Booze of your choice plus beer and mixers, free laundry and Unlimited Specialty free dining    You also get free drinks in the Retreat Lounge.   You will however not get a drink package, internet or tips if you don't already have them.    This is from actual experience booking a no-perk since I already get free drinks and internet as a Zenith.   I got charged tips daily. 

Many in this situation  get their drinks in Retreat and bring a glass of wine to dinner with them.

Remember many of the Customer Service reps are in Kansas and have never even seek a Celebrity ship let alonge been on one and if you call 2 times will get 3 different answers  Yes, No Maybe.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

It may depend on the sailing.

On our Canary Island cruise on Silhouette Sept. 19th. We received our MoveUp email 60 days out.

I don't expect to find out until close to the sail date if our bids were successful

If anyone else is booked on that Cruise the Check In option opened today.

The Early (11:30) times will fill up fast.

• Like 1

Hi,

I did made an offer for move up today.  I could have booked Aquaclass for this price at that time of booking. Then I/we thought balcony stateroom (as usual) will do it.

Okay, so minimum offer was 385 € pp (Constellation, 9 night cruise out of Rome, August 27, 2022) . I bid 15€ more pp (= 400 € pp) than the minimum offer. Currently we are booked in a balcony stateroom, best category….. Hoping for Blue…….. 

What do you think? About 50 - 40 % of Aquaclass staterooms are available.. I do hope we will be successful. We are classic…..

Edited by black forest
correcting

28 minutes ago, black forest said:

Hi,

I did made an offer for move up today.  I could have booked Aquaclass for this price at that time of booking. Then I/we thought balcony stateroom (as usual) will do it.

Okay, so minimum offer was 385 € pp (Constellation, 9 night cruise out of Rome, August 27, 2022) . I bid 15€ more pp (= 400 € pp) than the minimum offer. Currently we are booked in a balcony stateroom, best category….. Hoping for Blue…….. 

What do you think? About 50 - 40 % of Aquaclass staterooms are available.. I do hope we will be successful. We are classic…..

You could have booked an Aqua Class cabin at the same price as the move up offer at the time you originally booked your Balcony?

Why have you changed your mind?

Did you check the price for just just paying the current price for the Aqua Class cabin? (Upgrade).

if you seriously want to win a bid, I suggest you increase your bid.  Higher level CC members get up to a 5% increase with the minimum bid and your bid would be at a disadvantage.  It depends on how important it is to you?  But since you did not book the Aqua Class at the time of booking, it does not make a lot of sense to pay more to get it now. (Unless I misunderstood what you wrote).

I've never waited for an email to do a move up offer. Just go to your booking with your reservation number and choose move up on the "manage your booking" page. Usually around 30 days before your cruise.

I will probably forever after do a move up bid on every Celebrity cruise because last spring, I put in the lowest possible bid to move up from a Sky Suite to a Celebrity Suite on the Apex....and we were informed 5 days before cruising that we'd been upgraded to the Iconic Suite!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, black forest said:

@jagoffee … we booked through a TA. As previously Mentors it wasn‘t Importanz to is at that time. 

@lizindy, I got. the email with the move up offer some weeks ago. Did use move up Button when logging in. It is 21 day till cruise…. 

If it is really important to you at this time, you should increase your bid.  But anything bid could potentially win.

17 hours ago, lizinindy said:

I've never waited for an email to do a move up offer. Just go to your booking with your reservation number and choose move up on the "manage your booking" page. Usually around 30 days before your cruise.

I will probably forever after do a move up bid on every Celebrity cruise because last spring, I put in the lowest possible bid to move up from a Sky Suite to a Celebrity Suite on the Apex....and we were informed 5 days before cruising that we'd been upgraded to the Iconic Suite!

I hope you bought a lottery ticket that week…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just upgraded 2 cabins from aqua class on the edge. One is a sky suite and the 2nd cabin is a Edge Villa. The sky suite upgrade was from a complementary cruise from the blue chip club. The edge villa was from a booking that included a classic beverage package. Will we receive the premium beverage package and wifi with tips for both cabins? Looks like royal suite and above get premium package. The information on the celebrity website is not very clear!

ty 

I was looking through the X web site and found this on move ups... I hadn't realised that improved moveup ranking was a Captins club benefit... Did every one else know?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes

MoveUp Priority:

Looking to take your vacation to the next level? You’re in luck. MoveUp allows you to bid on a stateroom upgrade after you’ve purchased your cruise. As a valued Captain’s Club member your bid gets a bonus boost based on your tier. So, you get more value than what you bid. Classic members get an extra 1% multiplier, Select members get a 2% multiplier, Elite members get a 3% multiplier, Elite Plus members get a 4% multiplier, and Zenith members get a 5% multiplier. 

Edited by groryjm

2 hours ago, groryjm said:

I was looking through the X web site and found this on move ups... I hadn't realised that improved moveup ranking was a Captins club benefit... Did every one else know?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes

MoveUp Priority:

Looking to take your vacation to the next level? You’re in luck. MoveUp allows you to bid on a stateroom upgrade after you’ve purchased your cruise. As a valued Captain’s Club member your bid gets a bonus boost based on your tier. So, you get more value than what you bid. Classic members get an extra 1% multiplier, Select members get a 2% multiplier, Elite members get a 3% multiplier, Elite Plus members get a 4% multiplier, and Zenith members get a 5% multiplier. 

It was added recently. It doesn't really make much difference; what it would typically do is if two cruisers made the same bid for the same cabin and were otherwise equal, it would bump the higher status club member to get the bid first. But it's not going to be a significant difference aside from that.

E.g. if you made a $1000 bid and were Elite, it would only make your bid $1030 value. And many people bid less than that, so the increment would be even less then. So basically still bid what you planned to; it's just a tiny adjustment, not a massive bonus.

6 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

Just upgraded 2 cabins from aqua class on the edge. One is a sky suite and the 2nd cabin is a Edge Villa. The sky suite upgrade was from a complementary cruise from the blue chip club. The edge villa was from a booking that included a classic beverage package. Will we receive the premium beverage package and wifi with tips for both cabins? Looks like royal suite and above get premium package. The information on the celebrity website is not very clear!

ty 

You only get the inclusions with your original booking, not the drinks, wifi or tips that come specifically with suites. Congrats on the upgrades though, very nice!

Edited by The_Big_M
  • Like 1