Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

From what I've read here, you won't get the 4 perks...just what you are already getting in your aqua cabin. Will you be welcome to dine in Luminae and michael's club?

Yes. See post #117.

From what I've read here, you won't get the 4 perks...just what you are already getting in your aqua cabin.

I assume the exception to that would be if you had already purchased (upgraded) to the Go Best (4 perks) plan with your original AQ stateroom???

On our recent voyage we sailed in a standard balcony that, at the time of booking, came with 2 perks. We then upgraded (paid) to Go Best (4 perks). So I have to think those perks would have stayed with you if you had successfully won a MoveUP offer to a higher category.

Interesting! I am on the June 27 Summit and just received a move up email.

Minimum Bids Sky $500 pp, Celebrity Suite $700 pp and Royal Suite $1000 PP. The Royal Suite clearly says that the 4 perks are included but the other 2 don't:

Royal Suite

With spaces fit for a king or queen, our Royal Suites deliver on style and comfort. Separate living, dining, and sleeping areas provide all the room you need to relax in modern luxury.

• Spacious living and dining area
  • Separate bedroom with a queen size bed and walk in closet
  • Master bathroom with double vanity and whirlpool jet tub
  • Private, spacious veranda with whirlpool tub
  • Premium "All-In" Benefits, including complimentary Premium Beverage package, unlimited complimentary specialty dining, and unlimited internet access.
  • Access to private restaurant, Luminae, and exclusive lounge
  • Personal butler throughout your cruise
  • All other suite class services and amenities
  • Size: 538 sq. ft. plus 195 sq. ft. veranda
  • Sleeps up to 4

I started a new thread about this (sort of) but it is not getting much traction. So....do we think this is now SOP instead of allowing folks to upsell, for a low fee, after final payment? On several cruises, after final payment, we called Celebrity (booked direct) and paid the difference between our booking price and the after final payment discounted price. For example, booked a standard verandah, then after final payment, there was a sale with Concierge just a bit more that we paid for the verandah, we called and paid the difference and upgraded. I'm wondering if these "move up" offers mean that old policy is no more.

I was offered the MoveUp bid yesterday for our cruise to Alaska starting this Friday. When I booked the cruise in December, it was a gift for my best friend and I didn't know much and was on a budget, I picked an inside stateroom and have been worrying about it ever since. I don't generally feel claustrophobic but the idea of a cabin with no windows seemed less and less appealing. So, when I saw the MoveUp offer, I bid on an Oceanview and Veranda but my offers were on the weak side. I haven't heard anything back yet but really hope one of the offers is accepted. So, I may be one of those suckers that falls for the scam but if it gets us upgraded for a reasonable amount of money, I'll be super happy.

I was offered the MoveUp bid yesterday for our cruise to Alaska starting this Friday. When I booked the cruise in December, it was a gift for my best friend and I didn't know much and was on a budget, I picked an inside stateroom and have been worrying about it ever since. I don't generally feel claustrophobic but the idea of a cabin with no windows seemed less and less appealing. So, when I saw the MoveUp offer, I bid on an Oceanview and Veranda but my offers were on the weak side. I haven't heard anything back yet but really hope one of the offers is accepted. So, I may be one of those suckers that falls for the scam but if it gets us upgraded for a reasonable amount of money, I'll be super happy.

If it doesn't happen through that process, you can always call and see what the price would be to upgrade (or if you used a TA, you can ask them). Lots of people are fine in inside rooms, especially since you're using it mainly to sleep in. If you're feeling cooped up, there is a whole big ship for you to explore. In Alaska, you will want to get out on the decks and take it all in from different angles, anyway. I just got back from my Alaska trip this past weekend. It's beautiful!

If it doesn't happen through that process, you can always call and see what the price would be to upgrade (or if you used a TA, you can ask them). Lots of people are fine in inside rooms, especially since you're using it mainly to sleep in. If you're feeling cooped up, there is a whole big ship for you to explore. In Alaska, you will want to get out on the decks and take it all in from different angles, anyway. I just got back from my Alaska trip this past weekend. It's beautiful!

Thank you!! Yes, that's what I'd been thinking up until recently. I want us to feel motivated to get out of our cabin most of the time. I'm sure we'll have a great time regardless of whether we upgrade. We're both really excited. The only other cruise I've done was to Ensenada on RC and it was awful. I know this one will be far better.

Just got word that the move up offer was rejected. I'd bid $110 PP for the ocean view room and $250 PP for a veranda. Oh well, it was worth a try and I'm sure we'll still have a great time.

Just got word that the move up offer was rejected. I'd bid $110 PP for the ocean view room and $250 PP for a veranda. Oh well, it was worth a try and I'm sure we'll still have a great time.

Are you on Millennium or Solstice?

We just got our rejection email as well. $50 pp for Aqua and $100pp for Sky suite on Equinox May 25 sailing. Guess they found someone who wanted it more.

I'm at least glad to hear Celebrity lets you know either way (accepted or rejected). I'd hate being left hanging wondering...

I received a similar up sell e-mail yesterday. But we are booked in an Aqua, so our offers to bid were for Sky, Celebrity and Royal. Since these three cats appear as 'sold out' no way to compare price for a bid.

Wouldn't do it anyway, since I read somewhere here on CC, perhaps a different line, where they were doing this, but you lost whatever perks you had on your original booking if your 'bid' was successful.

WHAT A COLOSSAL SCAM THEY ARE RUNNING. BIDDING ON AN UP-SELL. WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT???

One should be aware that any offer made by any cruise line is for the benefit of the cruise line. Same can be said about offers from many, many businesses. They use terms like "selected" to make one feel special. This is a very old game.

We are on Solstice and the offer came through Celebrity. I booked through AAA. I've sent an email to them asking if there's any chance we can upgrade at this late date. When I sailed on RC, there was just a small, blurry porthole in our room. I thought it'd be the same until I saw a picture of what looks like a nice sized window. I clearly should've done more homework before booking but I'm sure it'll all work out fine and I'll be better prepared next time.

I'd have preferred it if Celebrity had simply emailed saying if you'd like to upgrade, it'll cost x amount vs. the teaser approach. I'd probably feel differently if we'd won the bid though :)

We just got our rejection email as well. $50 pp for Aqua and $100pp for Sky suite on Equinox May 25 sailing. Guess they found someone who wanted it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When did you both bid? I notice you sail in 3 days? Are they really waiting til the last minute to notify people. I know the offer email says (since we got one) that they'll let you know up until 3 days prior. We received our email weeks ago and our sailing is June 9.

Guess they are holding out for top dollar. I don't think $500 total to upgrade to a veranda is unreasonable at all unless maybe all they had were the sunset verandas but even still. You'll have a good time either way. You will sailing on the ship regardless.

When did you both bid? I notice you sail in 3 days? Are they really waiting til the last minute to notify people. I know the offer email says (since we got one) that they'll let you know up until 3 days prior. We received our email weeks ago and our sailing is June 9.

Guess they are holding out for top dollar. I don't think $500 total to upgrade to a veranda is unreasonable at all unless maybe all they had were the sunset verandas but even still. You'll have a good time either way. You will sailing on the ship regardless.

I got the email yesterday. I assumed it meant they had unfilled cabins in all categories and were using a creative way to fill them. I also thought the bid for the veranda was decent but both bids were rated "weak" on their meter. I wasn't sure how it worked, so I felt compelled to hurry and act. Without knowing the true difference in price for the other types of cabins, I went with what I could live with.

my guess is that your cc number will be flagged that you are interested in these bargain deals and you will continue to get them. Most of the deal minimums I've seen start too high...and the thought of someone paying even more to upgrade reminds me of PT Barnum's quote....

I got the initial email on April 24 for the May 25 sailing. It's been shown as sold out since then.

I was one that took the bait. We sail June 16th on the Equinox and got the email yesterday. I actually laughed and said sure I will take a PH for $1400. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary by renewing our vows and this our lifetime big deal of a super splurge by getting the Royal Suite. Our first Celebrity cruise and I am pretty certain we won't get it for the minimum bid.