Booking 2020 World Cruise segment

colbe

Has anyone been able to book a segment of the 2020 cruise? I cannot find it listed anywhere, but I have seen mention of others who are already booked or have a deposit. Thank you for your replies.

Last I read, the itinerary and price wasn't finalized yet, but is expected to be soon. There are people who have pre-booked, and made a refundable deposit to get a place in line.

Based on the 2019 booking, that opened up in mid-late June of '17, so '20 should be in a month, or so.

Thank you Ruth. I guess I will just keep checking until I see the segments come available.

The 2020 segments can be found on theinsidecabin.com. Call reservations and ask if you can pre book your desired segment.

The 2020 segments can be found on theinsidecabin.com. Call reservations and ask if you can pre book your desired segment.

Unless the policy has changed, be aware that one cannot book a specific stateroom for a world cruise segment. You can book a cabin guarantee, but not a specific stateroom. (At least, that has been my experience.)

Unless the policy has changed, be aware that one cannot book a specific stateroom for a world cruise segment. You can book a cabin guarantee, but not a specific stateroom. (At least, that has been my experience.)

Thats incorrect, if you book on the ship while on the WC you can keep your same cabin.

Thats incorrect, if you book on the ship while on the WC you can keep your same cabin.

This may well be so. However, I have tried, twice, to book segments on two different itineraries when I was not on the Amsterdam and the only option was to book a guarantee. 2007, I did so; it worked out OK; received a one cabin category upgrade, but did not appreciate the sounds of footsteps above my Deck 4 cabin on Lower Promenade Deck.

The second attempt: the cruise was so popular that even my travel agent thought it would be unwise to book a segment due to the possibility of being assigned a cabin in a location that I would not like. And, particularly for the price that I would have to pay for such an accommodation.

We missed out on this segment this year, so the cabin is the least of our worries :).We have had a big discussion and decided that we will be happy with whatever we can get, just so that we can do this cruise. The cabin cannot possibly be any smaller, or any noisier, than some of the train sleepers that we have travelled in!!! :rolleyes:

I will try ringing when the Aussies wake up and see in I can get anything yet. (We have to book through the Sydney Carnival office).

We missed out on this segment this year, so the cabin is the least of our worries :).We have had a big discussion and decided that we will be happy with whatever we can get, just so that we can do this cruise. The cabin cannot possibly be any smaller, or any noisier, than some of the train sleepers that we have travelled in!!! :rolleyes:

I will try ringing when the Aussies wake up and see in I can get anything yet. (We have to book through the Sydney Carnival office).

Have you tried to book through the HAL New Zealand agent in Auckland?

(Our travel agent arranges all of our HAL bookings via the Auckland agent.)

Have you tried to book through the HAL New Zealand agent in Auckland?

(Our travel agent arranges all of our HAL bookings via the Auckland agent.)

We have used Francis Marketing in the past, but now do our own bookings online through the Australian office. This way I can deal directly with HAL - very convenient when I see a price drop or a good promotion.

We have used Francis Marketing in the past, but now do our own bookings online through the Australian office. This way I can deal directly with HAL - very convenient when I see a price drop or a good promotion.

FTM have given us price drops when we notify them of changes.

Do you have a personal cruise consultant at the Australian office?

FTM have given us price drops when we notify them of changes.

Do you have a personal cruise consultant at the Australian office?

No.I complete the booking online. If I have a problem, or query, or I see a price drop, then I ring or email them. The friendly service is excellent. I have just had a reply to say that they can not find anyway to book or prebook for the 2020 cruise but that they have contacted Head Office in Seattle asking them to make contact with me. The reply to my email took 35 minutes - excellent service.

• 3 months later...

I am revisiting this post with an update on what I was able to do. (This may be helpful to someone in the future)

30 April 2018, I contacted HAL Australia to find out how to book a segment. They were unable to help, but passed my request on to World Cruise reservations in Seattle.

1 May 2018, WC reservations emailed saying that they would take a general pre-booking from me for a $100 fully refundable deposit per person.

2 May 2018 I was able to make a $100 future cruise deposit by phoning the Australian office of HAL.

3 May I received my booking with a temporary booking number. The cruise was listed as a future request of a segment "similar to" as the itinerary was not out yet.

18 July 2018, I was emailed a new booking number, and a message to say "We were instructed to convert your Futuredam booking ****** to a wait list booking for the segment of the 2020 Grand World Voyage from ******** to **********. "

No further deposit amount was required at this time.

We are now waiting to hear whether there is a cabin available for us. We were only able to request a guarantee category.

I will update this again when we know whether we have been successful or not.

I am revisiting this post with an update on what I was able to do. (This may be helpful to someone in the future)

30 April 2018, I contacted HAL Australia to find out how to book a segment. They were unable to help, but passed my request on to World Cruise reservations in Seattle.

1 May 2018, WC reservations emailed saying that they would take a general pre-booking from me for a $100 fully refundable deposit per person.

2 May 2018 I was able to make a $100 future cruise deposit by phoning the Australian office of HAL.

3 May I received my booking with a temporary booking number. The cruise was listed as a future request of a segment "similar to" as the itinerary was not out yet.

18 July 2018, I was emailed a new booking number, and a message to say "We were instructed to convert your Futuredam booking ****** to a wait list booking for the segment of the 2020 Grand World Voyage from ******** to **********. "

No further deposit amount was required at this time.

We are now waiting to hear whether there is a cabin available for us. We were only able to request a guarantee category.

I will update this again when we know whether we have been successful or not.

We are in the U.S. and our futuredam was changed to waitlist in June, however we had to deposit another $750 in addition to the $100 futuredam deposit.

I have a feeling we wont know anything until the next deposit is due for full cruisers, as some may drop out. I really want to do the segment we are interested in so hope something works out!