Are slippers provided on Princess?

Literary Lynne

About to sail on Sapphire Princess this weekend. It's our first time with Princess and I wondered if slippers are provided? Presume that bath robes are provided too?

Look forward to knowing whether I should be packing slippers and robes but hope not.

Thanks

Lynne :)

Slippers - That's a no

Robe - yes. It is a waffle cloth robe in most cabins. In full suites and Club Class mini suites it is a terry cloth robe. Indicate that you want a robe in the cruise personlizer. If there is no robe just ask your cabin steward.

Note: Princess has been replacing robes, but some of the older ones are small.

About to sail on Sapphire Princess this weekend. It's our first time with Princess and I wondered if slippers are provided? Presume that bath robes are provided too?

Look forward to knowing whether I should be packing slippers and robes but hope not.

Thanks

We were in a suite on the Regal recently and new slippers were provided along with a plush robe...:)

Most times they are not in your cabin on embarkation day, as they are doing all the laundry from the previous cruise. Check at bedtime or next day, if they aren't in your cabin, then ask the steward. One size doesn't fit "most" OK ME! If you are modest from the front, wear it backwards, if modest from the back, then wear it regular, you might need a large towel to cover the "gap"

Thanks everyone. I've been out and bought some slippers and they are now packed. Bath robes will fit fine, I'm sure; well certainly at the start of the cruise!;p

Lynne

I bring "slipper socks". Sometimes the ones I got when I was in the hospital for a short stay and sometimes just a pair of socks that I designate as slippers. So much easier to pack than actual slippers and if I lose one or both...who cares.;)

Thanks

I sailed Princess over 10 times, no slippers for inside, oceanview and balcony. Last year I had my first cruise in Japan on Diamond Princess, we had slippers and kettle in room (inside). All Japan hotels provided slippers and kettle and robes, Princess needs to follow suit if they are trying to attract Japanese to cruise.

As far as I know, only Japanese cruise provides slippers, maybe some Asian cruise but not sure.

I was upgraded to a full suite years ago and still have the slippers. I would not dream of putting my bare feet on any flooring surface on a cruise ship when we've all read about plumbing overflows, and the effects of norovirus when perhaps someone can't make it to the bathroom, or barf bucket etc. I use slippers or flip flops 100% and keep the shower mat on the bathroom floor throughout the cruise.

Slippers - That's a no

Robe - yes. It is a waffle cloth robe in most cabins. In full suites and Club Class mini suites it is a terry cloth robe. Indicate that you want a robe in the cruise personlizer. If there is no robe just ask your cabin steward.

Note: Princess has been replacing robes, but some of the older ones are small.

And really, don't be surprised if the robe is not in your cabin the first day since they are all sent to the laundry in preparation for the new guests and may not be back in the cabin yet.

I too use flip flops. I just hadn’t either seen or used slippers in years. I take that back I had seen them in upscale hotels but they were about size men’s 7. The robes on the ship that I have tried were made for the little people Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP

Next time you stay at a posh hotel or resort, grab the pairs of slippers that they supply.

Some Hilton properties I stay at provide robes and slippers in some rooms, and if I get that room, I end up "stocking up" on the slippers. Never know when I might need a pair. :cool:

Enjoy your cruise!

OP

Next time you stay at a posh hotel or resort, grab the pairs of slippers that they supply.

Some Hilton properties I stay at provide robes and slippers in some rooms, and if I get that room, I end up "stocking up" on the slippers. Never know when I might need a pair. :cool:

Enjoy your cruise!

My husband just found some Azamara slippers stashed in the back of the wardrobe so they've gone in the suitcase.;)

Thanks

We've requested them & gotten them. Pretty cheesy looking, however. It's one of those you need to ask..The robes aren't always in your closet either.

Evert since Princess stopped giving out free slippers to everyone I'm surprised that they haven't started selling them. :D

Considering how crappy they really are(like on all the lines)I think we'd pass on that one.

• 1 year later...
On 5/3/2018 at 10:25 AM, fannym123 said:

Last year I had my first cruise in Japan on Diamond Princess, we had slippers and kettle in room (inside). All Japan hotels provided slippers and kettle and robes, Princess needs to follow suit if they are trying to attract Japanese to cruise.

Hope you're right, fannym, about D.P. and you are ABSOLUTELY right that Japanese (reportedly many of the pax are) expect these things.  I am NOT going to pack them, will hope that our pre-cruise hotel provides them, and will make a stink if they are not provided in our mini-suite, after actually wasting 15 mins precious packing time researching the matter! Thanks!