Chair Hogs New Low

On the ALLURE 3 cruises ago, I am an early riser & go up on deck & get coffee & just watch the world go by. At 0530 here comes a guy with towels, sun glass, shirts, and flip-ons & starts to put them on chairs for a total of 8 chairs. I just watched him & new he was a CHAIR_HOG, so he left. At 7am I went back to the spot & sure enough nobody was there, I sat down & waited for another half hr. then I took all his stuff & brought it to the desk were they give you towels & set it on the counter. I couldnt leave because I wanted to see his reaction. Would you belive he didnt get there till 8am & was all excited that all his stuff was gone, so being the nice guy I am I told why dont you check with the towel guy. He did & came back & thanked me. LOL

george35

I have you all beat for chair hogs. i was on the carnival out of Baltimore last year. about 6:30 am on our way to breakfast and passed the pool area and 2 employees were on the pool deck --1 watching and 1 putting out about 20 towels on the prime chairs. the one putting out the towels looked at me and jumped and started to talk and then she closed her mouth.

I still don't understand exposing yourself to the full rays of the sun for hours and ending up with skin cancer or skin that looks like leather. Ranks right up there with lighting a paper tube of leaves, sticking it in your mouth, and inhaling deeply. Oh, so sexy.

Everybody doesn't have skin issues with being exposed to the sun. :rolleyes:

I still don't understand exposing yourself to the full rays of the sun for hours and ending up with skin cancer or skin that looks like leather. Ranks right up there with lighting a paper tube of leaves, sticking it in your mouth, and inhaling deeply. Oh, so sexy.

Someone should introduce you to this magnificent new discovery called sunscreen.

I have you all beat for chair hogs. i was on the carnival out of Baltimore last year. about 6:30 am on our way to breakfast and passed the pool area and 2 employees were on the pool deck --1 watching and 1 putting out about 20 towels on the prime chairs. the one putting out the towels looked at me and jumped and started to talk and then she closed her mouth.

Sounds like a pool attendant trying to supplement their income. ;p

We saw sun/shade chair hogs at an all inclusive resort last year in Mexico. A couple that had “their” 4 chairs very close to each other and right by the pool too. Every 20 minutes they would switch spots, shade to sun, sun to shade, like clockwork. My husband and I sat in our loungers for over 2 hours while this went on and they were still there when we packed up and left to go to lunch.

Chair hogs are both at sea and on land. We just get up at a reasonably early hour, and wherever we sit we sit. We usually find a chair somewhere. I’m hoping it’s ok on the Anthem in the solarium in April but it’s Easter week so I’m not expecting much lol.

The Best way to beat the chair hogs it to beat them at their own game.

Get up earlier then them and put my stuff out on a few chairs.

This keeps the chair hogs from claiming them.

Works every time for me.....

No one removes your stuff? How long are you gone? On the Trip Advisor forums a lot of people suggested “saving chairs” at the resort where we stayed last summer but we didn’t feel right about it. We’re not picky about location as long as we have chairs somewhere.

No one removes your stuff? How long are you gone? On the Trip Advisor forums a lot of people suggested “saving chairs” at the resort where we stayed last summer but we didn’t feel right about it. We’re not picky about location as long as we have chairs somewhere.

I put my stuff on them, then leave until I need them later.

We are not saving seats just to save seats.

By taking a bunch of chairs early, it keeps the chair hogs from getting them.

Everybody doesn't have skin issues with being exposed to the sun. :rolleyes:

Umm not sure where you got this... but yes everyone has skin issues with being exposed to the Suns ultra violet rays. Those with higher melanin have slightly less issues, but still have issues. Even the slightest tan is skin damage.

As far as sunscreen, you need to apply it every couple hours, unless you have been swimming then you should apply immediately after. Especially with those "waterproof" versions.

I'm not saying that you should not do what you like, by all means it is only affecting you so do as you wish. Just saying that the statement quoted above is false.

Umm not sure where you got this... but yes everyone has skin issues with being exposed to the Suns ultra violet rays. Those with higher melanin have slightly less issues, but still have issues. Even the slightest tan is skin damage.

As far as sunscreen, you need to apply it every couple hours, unless you have been swimming then you should apply immediately after. Especially with those "waterproof" versions.

I'm not saying that you should not do what you like, by all means it is only affecting you so do as you wish. Just saying that the statement quoted above is false.

Not a false statement. I fall in the category of "not everyone". Late 60's always been in the sun and no issues. None! I'm even wrinkle free. :D Knowing what screen to use and how often to use it. When I'm on a cruise I sit on the deck above the pool and always wear my Vietnam boonie hat.

Not a false statement. I fall in the category of "not everyone". Late 60's always been in the sun and no issues. None! I'm even wrinkle free. :D

I understand that you think that means you are not affected, but trust me.. you are. You don't have to have a melanoma or carcinoma to have damaged the tissue. It's just not a good idea to tell people that not everyone is affected by UV radiation, when they most certainly are.

I understand that you think that means you are not affected, but trust me.. you are. You don't have to have a melanoma or carcinoma to have damaged the tissue. It's just not a good idea to tell people that not everyone is affected by UV radiation, when they most certainly are.

I agree. With all the warnings, I've never understood why people continue to lay out in the sun. And yes, it does affect everyone, even if they've reached an older age with no obvious damage. Just because there's no visible damage doesn't mean there's no damage.

It's not a good idea to tell others that everyone is negatively effected by the sun. Not everyone is effected negatively! Use proper SPF and limit your exposer time.

I agree. With all the warnings, I've never understood why people continue to lay out in the sun. And yes, it does affect everyone, even if they've reached an older age with no obvious damage.

I do not understand it either, especially after specializing in Oncology for a while. However, it is each persons body, and I would not be the one to tell them not to hang out in the Sun.