RCCL Website

Bob, what database :')! I´ve been on the 2 night pre inaugural of the Symphony which was actually a 4 night trip for all RCI employees (while we had to leave after 2 nights - even my SeaPass Card says 4 nights). So my past cruises show 4 points for this cruise I´m not even supposed to get any points. But my point count did not rise by 4. It was just in my cruise history. Usually we are credited the points for those pre inaugurals invitation only cruises and then the points disappear later. This time it´s the first time I get more points than I had nights and the points haven´t disappeared since the end of March. Anyway with the upcoming Symphony cruise I do hit the 140 point mark (on the last night of the cruise). So I have to talk to the C&A LA anyway to make sure I get it - pretty likely just to receive the answer that they don´t have them yet.

steamboats

Amazing!

I was able to log in about an hour ago and make a payment on my cruise. No issues with anything else. Sure wish they'd open up the beverage packages, but guess since I still have over 500 days till we cruise, I'll just have to wait.

Did you do anything, or did it just fix itself?

I can say for sure that I didn´t do anything :')! So maybe it fixed itself! I´m back to 133 points not including the 4 points for the 2 night Symphony pre inaugural shown in my cruise history ;). So there might be some sort of database :D.

steamboats

Can we print the SetSail stuff within 72 hours or do they lock it down? I filled it out, went to print it....nope, error.

Yep, inaccessible after 3 days before the cruise.

You'd think I'd of known that. Assume we can just resign at the pier? All the documentation is submitted to them, including pictures and passport info.

Yes, they have all the info, your check-in will be quick. Entering the terminal might take a minute or two because they will have to look up your name on the manifest.

Changed password, I was probably entering it wrong, and it is all fine. Correct points from leg 1 of Mariner, all future cruises showing ( even the one just booked onboard), accessed cruise planner and made reservations for entertainment, no issues I can see

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Really!!! We have been C&A members for over 10 years and have experienced many changes to the RCI internet site. Never has the site ever worked easily and without errors. The latest version doesn't recognize our C&A number. We verified we had the correct numbers with reservation person over a month ago, yet when I put the numbers into the web site I get the message that it doesn't recognize the number!!!!

Royal - PLEASE GET A MORE COMPETANT IT DEPARTMENT AND DO BETA TESTING BEFORE ROLLING UPDATES TO YOUR SITE TO THE PUBLIC.

We are getting concerned that our current C&A status will not be recognized on future cruises and that we will not get accurate credit for pending cruises.

Well I kinda disagree...many many years ago it did work easily and actually well, but several years ago the decline started to snowball and here we are today in a horrible mess all in the name of "improvements" :eek:

Well I kinda disagree...many many years ago it did work easily and actually well, but several years ago the decline started to snowball and here we are today in a horrible mess all in the name of "improvements" :eek:
Agree....

Every update has made it worse. I've found many workarounds that made the site useable......but really?

A first time user would just give up and move on to the next cruise line. I believe most still research....even when using a TA.

Guess in the long run it reduces demand and prices?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

One of the great mysteries of life. This question got me thinking about their CIO, and whether I would have fired him if I was in charge. Their current CIO, Mike Giresi, joined Royal in September 2015. Click here for a Forbes interview with him from Feb 2017. I scanned through the interview and noticed a few things that might help explain the poor state of their web site.

First, they are very focused on technology on the ships, both passenger facing and behind the scenes. Lots of references in the interview about Quantum class innovations but very little about the web site. Second, they still book a lot of passengers through the "trade", which I take to mean TAs. It seems like direct interaction with the passenger for booking is therefore less important?? Funding is limited for all companies and they may be setting higher priorities in other areas. Third, Giresi completely changed how the IT organization does their work, moving to an agile approach. A change like that usually takes a while and causes short term problems before you see the longer term gains. I would have expected to see more of those results by now.