Dragons Breath Zipline in Labadee Haiti was Epic

Just off the Harmony of the Seas, sailed April 28th through May 5th in the Western Caribbean. This was the first time I have done this Zipline and did it with my daughter and her best friend. Had to post this video that I just put together, really an awesome experience and worth the cost.

[YOUTUBE]KvtgSSYBAYk[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by RailRider13

Thanks for sharing. I'm debating about doing this when we visit next year. Do you get to choose the time you go? Can you opt for morning of afternoon? Do you do this when booking, or does RC assign a time to you?

Thanks for sharing. I'm debating about doing this when we visit next year. Do you get to choose the time you go? Can you opt for morning of afternoon? Do you do this when booking, or does RC assign a time to you?

You can choose. I've done this and something else at Labadee on the same day. Just a fair warning, its about 100 bucks a pop. Its fun and all, but you'll be paying for it.

Yes you can schedule your time based on availability. So the sooner you book the more times that will be open. Early morning will be less wait and the winds are much more calm. We were the first group down for the day, plus as temperatures heat up the winds pick up. Depending on the direction they are blowing they may impose restrictions on heavier or lighter passengers

You can choose. I've done this and something else at Labadee on the same day. Just a fair warning, its about 100 bucks a pop. Its fun and all, but you'll be paying for it.

For my upcoming Symphony it had 30% off, expensive for what it is but I believe it’s one of those thing that you have to experience in live at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The price is the only thing holding me back. However, I agree, I believe its one of those "when in Rome.." activities.

I wonder how often they run that sale? I'm curious to know if it holds to the same process as the beverage package -- If you book, and then there's a lower price, if you can cancel and rebook. We're still finalizing details for our cruise in May 2019, so I do not have access to anything just yet.

Yes you can schedule your time based on availability. So the sooner you book the more times that will be open. Early morning will be less wait and the winds are much more calm. We were the first group down for the day, plus as temperatures heat up the winds pick up. Depending on the direction they are blowing they may impose restrictions on heavier or lighter passengers

Good to know. Thanks for the advice... Early morning is probably when I would elect to do this, then spend the rest of the day on the beach. How many people go up at once?

I would also recommend early morning. When we did it the winds died down and they were not going to let me go bc of my size. They put a minimum weight restriction on the zip and I did not meet this. The winds can and do change during the day. That way if any minimum or max restrictions are put in place due to weather you still have the remainder of the day as a back up (assuming there are openings). In my case they let me go. We were already at the top of the zip base and we were next up when they put the restriction in place. They had to get me down some how! [emoji6]

Do it. It was great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For my upcoming Symphony it had 30% off, expensive for what it is but I believe it’s one of those thing that you have to experience in live at least once.

Yes I believe it is one of those things you must do at least once. The view of Labadee is amazing at the top. Plus we took advantage of the 30% sale offered before the cruise. Pre-booked before arrival. Its Vacation Live a little and this was truly exciting.

How did you start so far behind but still catch up and pass the other people?

Simple Answer: Physics... I passed my daughter and her best friend, who I have an easy 100 pounds on, meaning more mass = More Energy for the long stretch across the ocean. They began slowing down while I was still speeding up. Similar Principle to the Pinewood Derby. Once in my life being over 200 pounds was a good thing, meant I went a lot faster than most of the other folks

I would also recommend early morning. When we did it the winds died down and they were not going to let me go bc of my size. They put a minimum weight restriction on the zip and I did not meet this. The winds can and do change during the day. That way if any minimum or max restrictions are put in place due to weather you still have the remainder of the day as a back up (assuming there are openings). In my case they let me go. We were already at the top of the zip base and we were next up when they put the restriction in place. They had to get me down some how! [emoji6]

Glad you were able to enjoy it. I'm leaning towards doing it, now that I've heard all these great reviews.

-- If you book, and then there's a lower price, if you can cancel and rebook. We're still finalizing details for our cruise in May 2019, so I do not have access to anything just yet

Yes, you can cancel and rebook a lower price. I’ve done it.

-- If you book, and then there's a lower price, if you can cancel and rebook. We're still finalizing details for our cruise in May 2019, so I do not have access to anything just yet

Yes, you can cancel and rebook a lower price. I’ve done it.

Great! Thanks :cool:

The price is the only thing holding me back. However, I agree, I believe its one of those "when in Rome.." activities.

I wonder how often they run that sale? .

I booked on 2017 for sailing at he end of the year and I haven’t seen the 30% again since I made the reservation.