transferring an onboard booking to new cruise?

ghstudio

We booked a cruise for fall 2019 while on-board. We booked a 1A cabin so we got one perk with our booking plus the onboard booking bonus OBC $200. Booking a Concierge cabin which would have given us 2 perks (part of the onboard booking extras) would have cost more than $350 so we just booked 1A with one perk.

I just transferred that booking number to another cruise, mid 2019, but in a C3 cabin....

The $200 OBC (or whatever the correct amount is for the length of the new cruise is) definitely follows us since it's the same booking number. Everyone agrees.

The question is (and I ask because I've heard both answers from Celebrity)...

a) since only one perk is offered for the base(better) price today on the new cruise, I only get one perk on the new cruise.

b) the original offer of 2 perks with a concierge and above booking applies to the new cruise, so I should get 2 perks for the price of the current base(better) price.

Given that celebrity can't seem to agree on what happens....I'm looking for input on what others have experienced.

We booked a cruise for fall 2019 while on-board. We booked a 1A cabin so we got one perk with our booking plus the onboard booking bonus OBC $200. Booking a Concierge cabin which would have given us 2 perks (part of the onboard booking extras) would have cost more than $350 so we just booked 1A with one perk.

I just transferred that booking number to another cruise, mid 2019, but in a C3 cabin....

The $200 OBC (or whatever the correct amount is for the length of the new cruise is) definitely follows us since it's the same booking number. Everyone agrees.

a) since only one perk is offered for the base(better) price today on the new cruise, I only get one perk on the new cruise.

b) the original offer of 2 perks with a concierge and above booking applies to the new cruise, so I should get 2 perks for the price of the current base(better) price.

Given that celebrity can't seem to agree on what happens....I'm looking for input on what others have experienced.

Based on my experience if the new bookings on the new cruise includes two perks for the base booking that is what you will receive. Of course you will pay the new price whether it is lower or higher.

As you said,, the On Board Booking perks follow the booking number, so will apply to the length of the new booking.

However, the promotional perks available to you now are those promotional perks that are currently being offered for the cabin category that you book at the time of re-booking the new cruise.

We have also been moving around some on board bookings. What Celebrity told you is exactly what my TA told me. On board booking can be moved to what I want, within a period of time, but the promotional perks given will be what is offered today, not from when the booking was originally made.

So if he moves my booking, today, on cruise ABC with 2 perks made onboard a few months ago, to cruise XYZ, and if Celebrity is offering 1 perk for my category today for cruise XYZ, I will get 1 perk, not the 2 from the original booking. However, the OBC for making an on board booking will follow....that OBC will be increased, decreased or remain the same $$ amount depending upon the length of the new cruise I book.

Hope this helps.

P.S. One of my bookings is quite far away (made as a place holder since I was not sure which cruise I want to go on), so I was advised to wait till the 2 perk promo comes back and then change.

Edited by Arzeena

Agree with the others. You get the perks that are currently offered for the new cruise.

You will get the SBC for booking on board but like you know the amount depends on the length of the cruise and category booked for the new cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

When you move your booking is it mandatory to book a cabin in at least the same category as the original booking ? I have an OV booked can I change to an inside without loosing the OBC?

When you move your booking is it mandatory to book a cabin in at least the same category as the original booking ? I have an OV booked can I change to an inside without loosing the OBC?

Your onboard credit will change to the amount they were giving for an inside I would assume. Mine changed when I went from a 12 day to a 9 day so I would assume moving from an OV to an Inside would be the same.

The key phrase:

Booking a Concierge cabin which would have given us 2 perks (part of the onboard booking extras)

It would seem that the logic applies that IF the extra onboard credit for booking onboard follows with your booking, THEN the extra perk that was also an incentive to book onboard ( where two perks were not part of an ongoing general Fleet wide Celebrity promotion) would also follow with the booking number.

The slippery slope is that if you didn’t book a concierge at the time then that extra perk is not recorded in code as

part of the booking. So it would seem it would have to be added manually.

Therein lies the rub: it could be argued

both ways!

Good luck finding the right person to add it into your changed cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not quite on topic but just a reminder for those who book place holder cruises and then change to another sailing down the line. When it comes to travel insurance which provides waivers for things like pre-existing conditions or cancel for any reason when you buy the insurance within 14-21 days of making deposit. This is counted from the original deposit date when you made the reservation on-board. Since when you move your reservation to another cruise and want to retain the book onboard OBC you are retaining the original reservation number and not making a new booking so again the original deposit date is when you booked onboard.

Just something to keep in mind.

I know the company I use only makes me insure the amount of non-refundable fare and then I have to increase my coverage every time I make another non-refundable payment within 21 days to retain the waivers. So even though my current deposits are not non-refundable I open the policy with the amount of my deposit and them bump it up when I make air arrangements and final payment. I know I asked my company one time when I wasn't sure if I could take the cruise early on and they told me they would allow 1 change of dates with no penalty. I didn't have to do that so don't take that to the bank. I'm just saying you should have a discussion with your provider to make sure you know all the implications.

Just follow simple logic not that Celebrity ever seems to do.

If the original booking and perks were to move to another cruise everyone would be booking a 14 day cruise or longer in a Penthouse, or highest level suite and then transfer to a inside for a 4 or 5 day cruise and get enough SBC to offset the cost, plus all the perks and 18 points per day for the original cruise getting to Zenith in very few cruises for a cheap price.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The key phrase:

It would seem that the logic applies that IF the extra onboard credit for booking onboard follows with your booking, THEN the extra perk that was also an incentive to book onboard ( where two perks were not part of an ongoing general Fleet wide Celebrity promotion) would also follow with the booking number.

The slippery slope is that if you didn’t book a concierge at the time then that extra perk is not recorded in code as

part of the booking. So it would seem it would have to be added manually.

Therein lies the rub: it could be argued

both ways!

Good luck finding the right person to add it into your changed cruise!

The only thing that does transfer for definite is the extra OBC (adjusted accordingly to the new sailing length and cabin type), everything else will be appropriate to the current offers on that particular cruise. Otherwise, pax would be booking a sailing that included the 2 ‘free’ perks and then transferring to TA/repositioning & TP cruises where no perks are offered (only the extra OBC) at the time of booking onboard.

Correct. Any booking you transfer it to will receive the current promo/perks...not what was available when you booked. Conversely if one booked now under the pick one perk and wanted to transfer it to something when (if) pick two perks comes back...you would not be denied the second perk.

First....I wasn't suggesting that the 2 perks follow me irrespective of whatever cabin I booked. I was suggesting that the Promo that was in effect when I booked the original cruise might still apply. In this case, I originally booked a 1A cabin so under the on board purchase program in effect at that time, I was not entitled to a 2nd perk. Now move to today...I moved that reservation number to a different cruise and booked in concierge class (which would have had a second perk, had I booked it originally because of the on board purchase perk offer)..

Seems like there would be two logical (if that matters) options

1) The perks available with the original on-board booking still apply to the new booking. Since I now am booking C3, I would get 2 perks instead of the 1 being offered for purchase if you aren't on the ship.

2) The booking is an on-board booking, so it should still be considered an on-board booking and perks should be whatever the on-board booking perks are today...and the price is, of course, today's price.

A related question. Let's say I booked a C3 cabin originally and got the two perks instead of one for booking on-board. Celebrity drops the price of the cabin class I've booked but only with one perk (because I'm now no longer on the ship). Can I get the original price paid adjusted to today's price, or do I have to give up that second perk?

Edited by ghstudio

Bottom line: OBC received with onboard booking will continue to follow your booking but will be adjusted up or down depending on new category and length of cruise.

Other perks do not follow original booking. You will only get what is currently being offered along with the current pricing on whatever cruise you change the booking to.

First....I wasn't suggesting that the 2 perks follow me irrespective of whatever cabin I booked. I was suggesting that the Promo that was in effect when I booked the original cruise might still apply. In this case, I originally booked a 1A cabin so under the on board purchase program in effect at that time, I was not entitled to a 2nd perk. Now move to today...I moved that reservation number to a different cruise and booked in concierge class (which would have had a second perk, had I booked it originally because of the on board purchase perk offer)..

Seems like there would be two logical (if that matters) options

1) The perks available with the original on-board booking still apply to the new booking. Since I now am booking C3, I would get 2 perks instead of the 1 being offered for purchase if you aren't on the ship.

2) The booking is an on-board booking, so it should still be considered an on-board booking and perks should be whatever the on-board booking perks are today...and the price is, of course, today's price.

A related question. Let's say I booked a C3 cabin originally and got the two perks instead of one for booking on-board. Celebrity drops the price of the cabin class I've booked but only with one perk (because I'm now no longer on the ship). Can I get the original price paid adjusted to today's price, or do I have to give up that second perk?

If you want the lower price currently being offered with one perk, you would have to give up one of your two perks.

IMO Celebrity purposely creates confusion with how they word the on board booking offer. At a minimum customers are lead to believe that the “two perk” on selective sailings is an offer that only applies to those that book on board. Most of the time it applies to everyone that books. I thought it always applies to everyone, but people have reported that sometimes the two perks is unique to the on board booking. Perhaps it is a matter of timing? (The offers applies to those not booking on board at a later date?)

The bottom line is that when transferring an on board booking to another cruise, the appropriate on board OBC and lower deposit is the only certainty. Sure makes it seem like the “Perks”are not really part of the on board booking offer.

When we booked an Antarctica cruise onboard Reflection on 10/20/17 we had the OBC + 2 perks.

A couple weeks later I had buyer's remorse so went to Future Cruise Sales on the Eclipse TA to see about moving to an Around the Horn cruise. The agent told me he couldn't make the switch since the original booking had already gone over to our big box TA but he emphasized that I'd lose one perk as the promotion had changed.

However, when I did make the move on 11/27 via the big box, the 2 perks + OBC were intact! Was the original deal back on at that time or was I just lucky......

When we booked an Antarctica cruise onboard Reflection on 10/20/17 we had the OBC + 2 perks.

A couple weeks later I had buyer's remorse so went to Future Cruise Sales on the Eclipse TA to see about moving to an Around the Horn cruise. The agent told me he couldn't make the switch since the original booking had already gone over to our big box TA but he emphasized that I'd lose one perk as the promotion had changed.

However, when I did make the move on 11/27 via the big box, the 2 perks + OBC were intact! Was the original deal back on at that time or was I just lucky......

Maybe or perhaps you paid the Better price?

Maybe or perhaps you paid the Better price?

Yes, you may have been paying the ‘better’ price or perhaps the second perk was the offer from the TA at that time - that’s also quite possible.

I have an onboard booking that I have been “moving around” for quite some time. I recently noticed a price drop on the current cruise booked as well as an additional perk. I called and received the price drop plus added the extra perk.

To me, the only advantage to booking on board is the low deposit and the OBC - plus the fact that you can move the reservation to take advantage (or not) of the current promos and pricing. However, it won’t always work in your favor. You just need to be diligent in following the booking.