Best Practical Jokes on Board?? Harmless suggestions?

Op,

Borderline hate crime commenter here. I guess I’ll explain myself.

I understand your intention and have no problem with pranks that don’t bother other passengers or make more work for staff. To each his own. Some of these suggestions were genuinely funny.

The above post went way beyond an innocent prank. Sending someone to interrupt an innocent gathering of a frequently persecuted group of people (with the sole intention of making them uncomfortable) is reprehensible. There are instances of misunderstandings such as this leading to violence.

Carry on “inflicting pain” on your own traveling party. Leave marginalized groups alone.

Agreed - If you recall, I have no intention of this spilling over to ANYONE other than people in my party...Someone else made that comment

Well that's certainly a telling statement. You have a very different idea of fun than I do.

Please tell me you know I said that sarcastically. I know thing are taken differently in a text then when you hear someone say it. But let’s put this aside. You interested in some ocean front property in Arizona. Or how about this, I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I’m trying to get ready of. You see what I did. It’s called JOKING ;)

I just had another prank idea! It hails from my bartending days and can be done very simply to a friend. Though it would probably be best done outside as there is just a little bit of a mess...

You convince your friend to do a "Tidal Wave Shot". Don't tell your friend what's in it. A Tidal Wave shot is 2 shot glasses, one with a blue liquor and one with water. Tell your friend to take the blue shot first and then immediately follow with the clear one. But either while their taking the blue or as they're setting it down, throw the water in their face and yell "Tidal Wave!". It's only 1 ounce of water so it's not very messy and relatively harmless. This is usually good for a "shock and awe" followed by a good laugh.

Oh! I got another idea for a prank/joke. If I can get a bartender to play along, that is. I've always wanted to throw a drink in someone's face (who hasn't?) Maybe I could throw a fake martini (water) at my hubby and get a big production going.

I love this idea! Maybe find a plastic martini glass at the pool bar? Safety first!!

As the original poster, and the requester of the information I seek information (input) - not opinion - No control issue. I will leave my opinion of your opinion out of this topic.

Your opinion is laced throughout your posts and you aren't in control of the Free Speech prank here.

WOW :o

I figured the "fun police" would weigh in....didn't think it would be on the VERY FIRST REPLY. Some of you folks would have NEVER survived in the military. We had a gallows sense of humor and practical jokes were ongoing. You had to have think skin. I've said it before and will say it again...many folks on this website have NO sense of humor. :rolleyes:

I love the idea of practical jokes, and some of you really need to lighten up.

I figured the "fun police" would weigh in....didn't think it would be on the VERY FIRST REPLY. Some of you folks would have NEVER survived in the military. We had a gallows sense of humor and practical jokes were ongoing. You had to have think skin. I've said it before and will say it again...many folks on this website have NO sense of humor. :rolleyes:

Practical jokes among friends are great - but imposing on ships staff and non-participating others is not humor - it is self-centered boorishness. Pointing out the difference is not a matter of playing "Fun Police" - it is simply possessing and exercising common sense and common courtesy.

Unfortunately, most of the items you listed seem like they would also take valuable time away from various crew members.

1) An extra room service order that has to be made and delivered.

2) Probable trips to take the time of a guest services person to deal with the fake water and AC bills etc.

I have no problem with having fun but the things you choose to do shouldn't require crew members to take extra time dealing with your pranks. They have enough to do without wasting their time.

Why would you think 'trips to the GS desk' would happen? These are people who routinely ... I think he said ... yearly ... play pranks on each other. They would recognize it immediately.

Any room service charge, they would pay it happily ... because they KNOW it's the 'yearly' prank/joke! Jeez people. Get the lead out and have some fun!

I love the ideas some are putting up. Very good and imaginative.

Practical jokes among friends are great - but imposing on ships staff and non-participating others is not humor - it is self-centered boorishness. Pointing out the difference is not a matter of playing "Fun Police" - it is simply possessing and exercising common sense and common courtesy.

never mind

But those last two things you mention are in short supply nowadays

If your 'fun' ever produces more work for ship staff (for example lipstick on the sliding door), better give them a nice fat envelope with money in addition to the standard service charge.

Really? ... 'a nice FAT envelope' for a little windex on a mirror or door? Some people ... I just can't get over people and the stick in the mud approach to life.

Didn't know we all have to agree with your idea of fun.

Slapstick is not the only form of humor.

Practical jokes are fine within a set group that's in on the fun. It doesn't matter whether it soldiers, frat boys or over-refreshed cruisers. Play one on an unsuspecting passenger or a crew member for your own amusement and you're a jerk who deserves to have his ass kicked.

Really? ... 'a nice FAT envelope' for a little windex on a mirror or door? Some people ... I just can't get over people and the stick in the mud approach to life.

A little Windex? You can bring your own glass cleaning clothes and wipe up your own mess. Lipstick is a PITA to clean up.

Why would you think 'trips to the GS desk' would happen? These are people who routinely ... I think he said ... yearly ... play pranks on each other. They would recognize it immediately.

Any room service charge, they would pay it happily ... because they KNOW it's the 'yearly' prank/joke! Jeez people. Get the lead out and have some fun!

I love the ideas some are putting up. Very good and imaginative.

Thanks for the support!!!!

I can't get over why having fun has to be at someone else's expense. I cruise with a group of people and we have great fun and none of it involves scaring, annoying or upsetting each other

This isn’t a prank, but rather a fun game we offered to our dinner server if they wanted to play.

We often travel with 2-3 other families with whom we have kids (2-3 per family) of similar age. We don’t always sit next to our kids and sometimes it’s girls and guys so it’s not usually obvious whose kids belong to whom and even who is married to whom.

So at the beginning of dinner we tell our server about our game and he is welcome to play or not. We have never been told no. The rules are throughout dinner he tries to guess which kids belongs to which parent. He only has to get one parent right. For each kid he successfully matches to a parent he gets $5. No penalty for getting anything wrong. (We also make it clear this is in addition to not instead of our normal tip). And if they get a lot wrong we always have “consolation” prize money for playing.

It was CRAZY how one kid that wasn’t ours almost always got matched up with my husband. And my son who I think looks so much like my husband got matched up with another dad. (Before anyone starts wondering, we met well after our kids were born!)

Our first cruise together where we did this we did quite a bit of specialty dining so did it four times. (Same servers in MTD so couldn’t repeat there). On the last night our waiter was so excited and said he had heard several other servers talking about this game during the week and he was hoping he would get us so he could play. And he got all but one kid correct so either he was really good or there was some shared knowledge. [emoji6]

Others cruises we have done it with my family or DHs family and it’s quite surprising how our opinion of who looks like which parent is not often the same as what others see.

Several times a manager or other server comes overs and asks if he can help guess which of course we love and allow.

We had so many laughs over this and pretty sure its fun for the wait staff as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cindivan