Suitcase Storage

Bearmama1

Will be traveling on Caribbean Princess 6/2/18. I have always stored my empty suitcases under the bed. I called Princess and agent said 22" of space. Had sent an email to Princess and someone just called me and said "no space" under the bed. clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

Has anyone recently traveled on this ship and can give me an honest answer.

We sailed Caribbean Princess March 18 - April 1. We stored our suitcases under the bed as usual. I did see a post by someone who said that, with the new beds, their big suitcase no longer fit under the bed and they had to put it in the closet but all of our luggage fit just fine. We had the new bed.

We sailed Caribbean Princess March 18 - April 1. We stored our suitcases under the bed as usual. I did see a post by someone who said that, with the new beds, their big suitcase no longer fit under the bed and they had to put it in the closet but all of our luggage fit just fine.

I had no problem stowing a 30” hard suitcase underneath my bed on the Caribbean Princess last month ???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had no problem stowing a 30” hard suitcase underneath my bed on the Caribbean Princess last month ???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It wouldn't be the length - it would be the depth. I would guess the person from Princess who said, "no space" has probably never cruised. :rolleyes:

I was able to fit my two (VERY LARGE) suitcases in the (VERY LARGE) closet...they fit front to back in the corner of the closet.

I was on Caribe deck; not sure if all of the closets are the same size, but it was comparable to closets I've had previously on other decks.

We stored a great abundance of luggage under the bed on our cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We do “nest” the luggage first, and then away it goes to under the bed until that awful day when they force us to disembark.

Sometimes they appear not to fit if you just try to push them straight in. But there’s a lip around the bottom of the frame. Just lift that up that a little bit and They will slide right in with plenty of room.

We have never had a problem storing suitcases under the beds. We tell the cabin steward to take the (old) bedspread away - the new bedding doesn't really involve a bedspread, just a runner that doesn't take up much space under the bed.

We prefer hardsided, very lightweight clam shell style suitcases, and on our longer cruises, use them as an additional "drawer" under the bed, placing them opened with shoes and other items arranged for easy access. We still have room to stash the carryon under the beds as well.

The cabin stewards keep the bedspread under the bed at night.

Is Princess still using bedspreads on the older ships ?

Our most recent cruises have been three on the Regal.

The bed had a duvet and a throw across the bottom of the bed. No ugly quilted bedspreads in sight on the Regal.

The first thing we do is take those coverlets off the bed and store them on the closet shelf and tell the steward we never want them or decorative pillows on our bed (hint: they’re not cleaned between cruises). Then I get down on the floor and push the bedding that is stored under the bed (queen duvet if the room is made up as twins and two twin duvets if there’s a queen bed and the associated coverlets) as far toward the head of the bed as possible. This takes a little finagling to get past the supporting bar toward the head. Then there is room to store two large closed suitcases under one bed and one large open suitcase and a roll aboard under the other.

There was no change to the bed frame or the space under the bed when the new mattresses were rolled out, so if someone claims they can’t fit suitcases under the beds any longer they simply need to move the stored bedding. And lifting the side of the bed for really large suitcases has always been required.