bed by the balcony cabin not available - Boardwalk

Hi,

I am looking at boardwalk cabins category 1I the only cabins available have the bed by the bathroom.

I know many people are looking to have the bed by the balcony....

I also always had it that way!

Now I wonder what the disadvantage is of having the bed by the bathroom? :confused:

Can you switch the furniture and move the sofa to the bathroom and the bed to the balcony?

As far as I know the furniture is movable....

Is there really a big disadvantage of having the bed by the bathroom?

At this point any other boardwalk cabin categorie would cost about $150 or more extra:eek:

Thank you very much for your thoughts and input!

Some have issues with accessing the closet when the bed is near the bath. For a week, it shouldn't be a huge deal. With the size of the cabins, you're talking about being 3 ft. further from the balcony while you sleep.

I’ve had the bed by the bathroom on both Oasis and Allure. It does make it a little tighter getting into the closet but I didn’t find it to be a big deal.

On Harmony, where the setup either way has no effect on closet access, I had the bed by the balcony. And on my other cruises, again where it doesn’t effect closet access, I’ve had it both ways.

Personally, I prefer the bed AWAY from the balcony. I find it more convenient to go in and out on the balcony without the bed blocking it, especially if someone else is sleeping. I also prefer sitting on the sofa looking out rather than lying in bed.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think you can switch the furniture on Oasis/Allure because the rooms are wider where the bed is located. That’s why they alternate bed placement in every other cabin.

~ Judy

Personal preference (or for some, they don't care). I personally prefer the bed by the bathroom, but that's just because I'm one to get up during the night, so less to trip over..lol. Which ship? The closet is tight on Allure, but its really not a big deal. Above poster says that Harmony is different.

What ship? If it’s Harmony or Symphony there are not the same issues because the layout is different and there is not the space issue between the bed and the closet.

Have you tried calling Royal to see what cabins are actually available as their website only shows a few of the total cabins actually available.

Definitely no way to move furniture around.

Hi,

I am looking at boardwalk cabins category 1I the only cabins available have the bed by the bathroom.

I know many people are looking to have the bed by the balcony....

I also always had it that way!

Now I wonder what the disadvantage is of having the bed by the bathroom? :confused:

Can you switch the furniture and move the sofa to the bathroom and the bed to the balcony?

As far as I know the furniture is movable....

Is there really a big disadvantage of having the bed by the bathroom?

At this point any other boardwalk cabin categorie would cost about $150 or more extra:eek:

Thank you very much for your thoughts and input!

To sum up:

The furniture cannot be moved.

The closets are set against the side wall. There is no blockage of access to the bathroom. This problem does not exist on the Harmony or the Symphony.

Have you ever cruised on the Harmony?

Although this is an oceanview balcony, the Boardwalk balcony cabins and Central Park balcony cabins and oceanview cabins are all exactly the same.

The only real disadvantage would be if your neighbor leaves the balcony slider open all day and night.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Sorry but I don't get it. How does what your neighbor does with their door have an affect on your experience based on the location of your bed?

Merion_Mom,

Thanks for the video. When I booked our Harmony cruise, I completely forgot about the closet/bed situation that we experienced on the Oasis. Let's just put it this way, I am not fond of the bed next to the closet. So much so when I booked the Allure the following year, I made sure we got a cabin with the bed next to the balcony.

After booking the Harmony (kind of last minute), I started to kick my self in regards this, as based on using the "trick" to determine bed location, it looked liked the bed would be next to the closet. Didn't realize this didn't apply to Harmony.

Personal preference (or for some, they don't care). I personally prefer the bed by the bathroom, but that's just because I'm one to get up during the night, so less to trip over..lol. Which ship? The closet is tight on Allure, but its really not a big deal. Above poster says that Harmony is different.
I agree with you, our preference is to have thebeod by the bath, to us makes the "living" area larger as it encompasses the balcony and sofa area together. Of course we will take either, really don't get booking only one setup, just not that important to us.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On the Oasis, how can you tell where the bed is positioned?

Look at a deck plan and find cabins that are connecting. The cabin on the left as you enter the cabin will have the bed by the bathroom. The cabin on the right will have the bed by the balcony. This pattern will repeat with every pair of cabins.

Sorry but I don't get it. How does what your neighbor does with their door have an affect on your experience based on the location of your bed?

It doesn't

Nope..just honest!

Sorry folks - but our balcony-door stays open? (y)

You can bitch all you want....we like it that way and it is our choice!:halo:

Never 80 at night when we cruise.....anybody can live with 75 - get real!

We have a "our needs come first rule" that we use in these cases!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2606046&page=2