Meet & MIngle - NOT!

dorchrislen

So I've signed up for the Meet & Mingle on the last handful of Carnival cruises, but only made it to one, and that was because they announced the time and location on our forum thread before the cruise.

On the rest, I never went because, even though I kept an eye out, I never saw an announcement of any kind in Fun Times or elsewhere.

Is there some trick to figuring it out? any common way the time/day/location are found? I'd hate to miss it again on the Legend in Alaska in August.

It’s never announced in the Fun Times.

If you joined the CC roll call AND you registered, then you received an invitation. Albeit, the invitation could very well be mixed in with all the other advertisement crap that some of us just toss out.

you received an invitation.

Where would I have received the invitation? In my stateroom? in an email? in the mail?

I never received an invitation, I'm pretty sure. How could I have missed it in 5 separate cruises? I suspect they just didn't follow through. Others in our group suggested to just keep an eye out in the Fun Times but never saw it there either. Hmmm...:confused::confused:

On the breeze last week we had well over 50 show up for cc meet n mingle. The big disappointment was that no managers showed up. In past we have had cruise directors for less than 10. So many signed up they closed reservations. They knew a it would be big. We had a great group picture at the end. Carnival gave prizes but the idea is to MEET.

It’s never announced in the Fun Times.

If you joined the CC roll call AND you registered, then you received an invitation. Albeit, the invitation could very well be mixed in with all the other advertisement crap that some of us just toss out.

When the Miracle was out here in Long Beach, the CC sponsored M&G was always in the FunTimes. For the past 2 years on the Miracle and now in the Splendor, the M&G was in the FunTimes as well as an invitation in our cabin.

I’ve normally gotten a paper during the cruise with the invite & details. But it’s super easy to miss in all the other papers that are left each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what happened to me, I overlooked my invite in the pile of flyers that was left on the counter and didn't find it until after the event took place.

Edited by schazzy

Except for 2 cruises since CC officially became involved, we have always received a card inviting us to the M&M, but have always seen the announcement in the paper version of the FunTimes. The first cruise that did not send personalized invites was about a month after the new system went into effect, and the second time was because I missed the 2 week cut off by booking last minute.

Since the new M&M system went live we have always had either at least a member of the entertainment staff or a senior manager at as host to the gathering.

Where would I have received the invitation? In my stateroom? in an email? in the mail?

I never received an invitation, I'm pretty sure. How could I have missed it in 5 separate cruises? I suspect they just didn't follow through. Others in our group suggested to just keep an eye out in the Fun Times but never saw it there either. Hmmm...:confused::confused:

It will be in delivered to your stateroom on a piece of paper. Can't remember if it was on desk or in your mailbox.

I've attended about 6 M&M's organized through CC on Carnival. I have received notice of 5 of these by getting a piece of copy paper with the details left in my cabin on the desk. Two of these were well attended, but I was the only one showing up on two other occasions, including the recent Glory 4/21 sailing. The best attended was on the Breeze, where a Carnival rep actually showed up. A few were scheduled for 11AM the 1st sea day, another was at noon, and one was at 7PM. One got resheduled from the 1st sea day to the last!

I try to remember to give Laura S, one of the mods, feedback on CC's M&M attempts after I return from a cruise. Might be just my experience, but the M&G's we arranged in our informal roll calls without Carnival's involvement seemed to gather higher attendance.

This last cruise, we received an invitation in our cabin. It was listed in the paper fun times as CC meet & mingle/greet (don't recall which wording exactly). It was not in the hub app. Ours was held mid-week in the piano bar at 5pm. Although there were supposedly 33 signed up, only maybe 10 were there. There were the standard beverages served, along with some cookies. CD Cookie stopped by to chat for a few minutes, then left.

I think so many more people use the roll calls on social media & those meet n greet parties probably are well attended. We just don't typically join those groups. I just want to say hey to some of the people I've been chatting with & maybe see what people are planning for port days, but don't want to do slot pulls or exchange gifts or order matching tshirts.

This last cruise, we received an invitation in our cabin. It was listed in the paper fun times as CC meet & mingle/greet (don't recall which wording exactly). It was not in the hub app. Ours was held mid-week in the piano bar at 5pm. Although there were supposedly 33 signed up, only maybe 10 were there. There were the standard beverages served, along with some cookies. CD Cookie stopped by to chat for a few minutes, then left.

I think so many more people use the roll calls on social media & those meet n greet parties probably are well attended. We just don't typically join those groups. I just want to say hey to some of the people I've been chatting with & maybe see what people are planning for port days, but don't want to do slot pulls or exchange gifts or order matching tshirts.

This sounds very similar to our last cruise (although the poor attendance was the same on our Princess cruise). I think we were Tuesday at 4 (Sun-Sun cruise).

I also would like to meet the people I've been chatting with (although my current roll call is very slow) but not do slot pulls or matching shirts;)

The big disappointment was that no managers showed up.

Carnival gave prizes but the idea is to MEET.

I think they might be meant more to meet other cruisers, not necessarily the officers, managers or staff.

Last cruise I almost missed mine because it was on the first sea day and instead of the invite being placed on my bed and visible as usual..it was mixed in with all of their "junk mail." The M&G was like 10 or 10:30 am on the first sea day. Fortunately I noticed it in the fun times minutes before it happened and was able to make it there.

Meetings are hit and miss. I have noticed that when there is a Meeting and money is involved that more show up. For example I have attended some Meetings and everyone would purchase a ticket for $10 and towards the middle of the meet two tickets were drawn and the money was split.

Yes for Carnival the meet part is to f2f your fellow posters from cruisecritic. Sort of to put faces to screen names.

Most times Carnival does provide a crew member to act as host or hostess to get the momentum of the gathering going. Many times once the "party" is active the crew members leave, but other times if the group is struggling to be social the crew member will just throw questions out to the crowd to get people talking.

If looking for an officer meet and greet attend the captain's reception in the atrium bar or ocean plaza, on the first Elegant Evening. For platinums and above a more intimate officer's and entertainment staff meet and greet is done at the past guest party.