Four courses?

It has been a few years since we last cruised with RCI. Looking at the MDR menus online, I see they are set out as three courses only. Is it still OK to order two items from the Starters, to make the normal cruise four course dinner? I presume they are trying to discourage people from ordering more food as part of cost-cutting.

And can you still order extra vegetables, as we have found they are very mean with their veg normally, just a garnish really.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It has been a few years since we last cruised with RCI. Looking at the MDR menus online, I see they are set out as three courses only. Is it still OK to order two items from the Starters, to make the normal cruise four course dinner? I presume they are trying to discourage people from ordering more food as part of cost-cutting.

And can you still order extra vegetables, as we have found they are very mean with their veg normally, just a garnish really.

Yes, you can order 2 Starters (I would always get a Ceasar Salad and a fish starter). Can also order extra veg's/sides with your Entre or ask for none at all.

Sent from my 5049W using Forums mobile app

Yes, you may order whatever you want...it's just that they will bring it in a 3-course fashion.... by the way, used to be a 5 course meal!!!

Do you mean they will bring the two starters at the same time? That wouldn’t be very good! One would get cold waiting. (Yes, still is five courses on some lines!)

Do you mean they will bring the two starters at the same time? That wouldn’t be very good! One would get cold waiting. (Yes, still is five courses on some lines!)

You can have them serve one starter after the othet

After I ordered multiple veggie sides on the first two nights, out waiter brought us a family style platter with all the available veggies on all of the rest of the nights. I don’t think he’d ever seen someone so happy with vegetables.

In my experience it seems all the course comes out together so even if you ask for one appetizer at a time the second is sitting covered at their station waiting for you to be done. Personally I prefer to get both at once so they'll both be hot - but I don't mind switching between the two and like that I have my second choice if I don't like the first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We frequently order extra vegetables and nearly always order 2 appetizers ,sometimes 2 entrees .

We order multiple appetizers all the time, wife likes escargot and will also order a double order, back in order the old days so I’d order multiple caviar
I also like escargot, on Adventure it disappeared as a starter selection but was replaced each night with variations of Shrimp.

We enjoyed trying lots of things we'd never had. And we also had a friend with us who thought it was her responsibility to try at least a bite of everyone's starter, entree, dessert. . .you name it. So we ended up ordering multiples of starters and entrees (and, yes, desserts--don't judge) just in self-defense. We'd order individual meals, but we'd ask for an extra this or that "for the table". Worked out well for us.

You can also order multiple entries, the second or third comes after you finish the first. Only problem is they come as a full meal.

You can ask for it not to be a full meal, I always order an entree and then ask for just a naked steak as well, always comes as just a steak on a separate plate.

Will it delay service to ask for no starch and double vegetables? Is everything pre-plated or is it made to order? That's one of my lower carb strategies when eating out at home and it's usually no problem.

Will it delay service to ask for no starch and double vegetables? Is everything pre-plated or is it made to order? That's one of my lower carb strategies when eating out at home and it's usually no problem.

Various parts of the meal may be fully or partially cooked, but they plate to order. You should be able to get what you want. I would be more specific and say something like "no potatoes" or "no rice" instead of "no starch".

Regular meals pre-plated. If food is handy they will get more and won't take long. But if special request can be the next nite. Like my son wanted Cottage Cheese every nite, didn't like soup/salads. So we asked first nite and was available for him 2-10th nite's

You can ask for it not to be a full meal, I always order an entree and then ask for just a naked steak as well, always comes as just a steak on a separate plate.
On our 2nd Formal Night which is also Lobster Night, I ordered the 'Naked Steak' aka NY Strip Steak, so I could also enjoy multiple Lobster Tails.