Received a call from Princess CSR about Crooners on the Sky

cruiseintoheaven

I got the same type of voice mail message about a week and a half ago. This was after I sent an email to Princess about their terrible decision (IMHO). Their response only took a little over a month after I sent my email:D. I’m kinda cynical, but I do hold out hope Princess will actually listen and do the right thing.....:):):)

Bob

I have sent off an email! If I ever meet up with you again, I want a place to finish up our Martini Duel!!!! ;p;p

I have sent off an email! If I ever meet up with you again, I want a place to finish up our Martini Duel!!!! ;p;p

Wnda;

What do you mean "If we ever meet up again"? I plan on having several duels with you after I retire.....:):):)

Bob

Yes with a $35 cover charge.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/la-mer-dinner-menu.pdf

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/dining-specialty/la-mer-french-bistro.html

Friends who sailed the Majestic said the location along a passenger walking area through the Piazza was a poor location for a specialty restaurant. The lack of ambiance was a big reason for not dining there & they saw very few people dining there.

I am not a fan of where they put Sabatini's on the Royal either. Across from Guest servicesmis not a good spot, in my opinion.

Wnda;

What do you mean "If we ever meet up again"? I plan on having several duels with you after I retire.....:):):)

Bob

And when we retire which just can't come soon enough!! :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail: LOL

I will send an email as well. We sailed on Majestic last summer in the Med and my largest disappointment was the lack of Crooners. It is for that reason that I haven't booked the Sky for one of the inaugural sailings in the Med.

I too rarely saw anyone eating in la Mer during our sailing. For the money, I would want something with a little more ambience and private. It just didn't make sense in that location and both the lobby bar and Bellini's was packed and difficult to find a seat or a long wait for a drink. And that was on a med sailing. I can only imagine what it would be like on a Caribbean sailing when many aren't exhausted from long days of touring and increased sea days.

I predict even more chaos at the Bellini Bar when Majestic arrives in Australia in September! :eek::D

I received a call from Princess today regarding the email I sent about the lack of Crooners or a Wheelhouse Bar on the Sky Princess. The person speaking said they understood my concern and management is aware of the many complaints they are getting about the design. She told me to tell anyone who feels as I do to email their opinion. It might not help with the Sky but other ships that come after it could really make a difference. Also she asked what she could do to get me to book the Sky. I said I wasn’t interested in booking the Sky at this time. To many public places missing from the design. She said many calls & emails have come in with people expressing their dislike of the loss especially of Crooners.

Letting Princess know what you think about new features has had positive results. The Royal and Regal now have passenger stairs amidships. The Regal has a pool on the stern. These things came about because of passenger complaints.

Now if they would only get the Gastro Pub out of the Wheelhouse bar, replace Share with Planks, and put the Bayou Cafe menu in all the Crown Grills and Sterling Steakhouses I would be a happier cruiser.

You’re right about Princess making some changes based on feedback - which is why I’m hoping that enough people inundate Princess with calls, emails, FB etc. that they nix the French Bistro before the build instead of waiting and having to fix it during a refurbishment! Your other suggestions are good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right about Princess making some changes based on feedback - which is why I’m hoping that enough people inundate Princess with calls, emails, FB etc. that they nix the French Bistro before the build instead of waiting and having to fix it during a refurbishment! Your other suggestions are good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving what you’ve started here! I’ve sent my message. Got the auto reply but no call. Your post may have gotten this movement to take off!! Good job!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loving what you’ve started here! I’ve sent my message. Got the auto reply but no call. Your post may have gotten this movement to take off!! Good job!! [emoji6]

Hi Jenny! Glad you sent your vote into Princess. Are you and Rob thinking of trying the Sky when it comes out? Doing Hawaii this Christmas? [emoji4]

Hi Jenny! Glad you sent your vote into Princess. Are you and Rob thinking of trying the Sky when it comes out? Doing Hawaii this Christmas? [emoji4]

Hi Lynn! I don't know that I will be running out to try the Sky. The loss of Crooners really bums me out. I love the idea of a new ship and I don't mind a new restaurant, but that restaurant is not something I will do daily, and I enjoy Crooners daily! lol It's a great place to relax during the day and read a book, plus I enjoy a cocktail or two from there as well. On the last couple of cruises we've been on Crooners was so packed it was difficult to find a spot! So if you start decreasing bars, then where will everyone go?

I really like the Royal Princess though. That retreat pool is awesome!! and even though some have not like Bellini's, we did. So, if something should come up for the Sky I might check it out, like friends wanting to go, or an itinerary I want to try.

In the meantime, Yes, Hawaii for Christmas again for us!! :)

What do you have planned next? :)

Jenny

I might be repeating myself, sorry, but we see Crooners as more than a bar. It is a Hub, we get to know the servers there and after a few days will recognize other pax, smile and say hello. It feels part of the Atrium and connected to everything else. Just off Crown - went to Adagio, great bar but we were the only people there !

On our one Celebrity cruise, which we enjoyed, there was a sprinkling of bars but none of them felt 'central' the way Crooners does.

Hi Lynn! I don't know that I will be running out to try the Sky. The loss of Crooners really bums me out. I love the idea of a new ship and I don't mind a new restaurant, but that restaurant is not something I will do daily, and I enjoy Crooners daily! lol It's a great place to relax during the day and read a book, plus I enjoy a cocktail or two from there as well. On the last couple of cruises we've been on Crooners was so packed it was difficult to find a spot! So if you start decreasing bars, then where will everyone go?

I really like the Royal Princess though. That retreat pool is awesome!! and even though some have not like Bellini's, we did. So, if something should come up for the Sky I might check it out, like friends wanting to go, or an itinerary I want to try.

In the meantime, Yes, Hawaii for Christmas again for us!! :)

What do you have planned next? :)

Jenny

Exactly!!! I’m really hoping Princess truly listens and acts on all of these comments! It is so much more than a bar!

We have the ABC Islands on the Royal this November, Canada/NE in September 2019 and the Sky W. Caribbean in February 2020. Tom and I have been kicking tires on a European cruise sometime but get overwhelmed with options and book nothing:)

Hope our cruising paths cross again sometime! 😊

Exactly!!! I’m really hoping Princess truly listens and acts on all of these comments! It is so much more than a bar!

We have the ABC Islands on the Royal this November, Canada/NE in September 2019 and the Sky W. Caribbean in February 2020. Tom and I have been kicking tires on a European cruise sometime but get overwhelmed with options and book nothing:)

Hope our cruising paths cross again sometime! [emoji4]

Hmmm, I may be able to talk Rob into a Sky, February, 2020 cruise! Since we go away for Christmas every year he is sometimes reluctant to vacation In the Spring but it’s the best time for the Caribbean! I just booked Christmas 2019 [emoji4]

I’ve always wanted to do ABC islands! I hope you and Tom have a great time!!

We’ve talked about Europe but I suspect that won’t happen until he retires.

Happy planning!! I’m ready for vacation now and don’t have anything planned until November either! Lol

I might be repeating myself, sorry, but we see Crooners as more than a bar. It is a Hub, we get to know the servers there and after a few days will recognize other pax, smile and say hello. It feels part of the Atrium and connected to everything else. Just off Crown - went to Adagio, great bar but we were the only people there !

On our one Celebrity cruise, which we enjoyed, there was a sprinkling of bars but none of them felt 'central' the way Crooners does.

Well said!! We love Crooners for so many reasons, and are sad to see it won't have a spot it's earned on the new ship.

I'll be contacting Princess to express my :(:mad:(n)(n).

Joanie

We're not Crooners people, but I have never sailed a Princess ship that did not have a large and convivial crowd there every single night. Can't imagine what they were thinking. I don't think they know or understand how to chase the younger cruisers, if that's what they are trying to do.

Our last cruise had Share, and there were only one or two tables occupied each night. Even though I love the view from there, I wouldn't pay extra for it. We also sometimes hang out at the Wheelhouse, but it was quiet as a tomb in there every day. Not so fun. Our Houston oil spill non-cruise (stuck at port for five days) was actually much more lively.