Just Curious

Would a TA make a big difference in a situation like that?

If by TA you mean Transatlantic, then yes. TAs have some of the lowest per day rates of any sailing. Even when you factor in the relatively expensive one way flight, the $ per point spent is likely to be a bargain compared to any other sailing.

Biker, who spent about $50/ point on his last TA sailing solo.

If by TA you mean Transatlantic, then yes. TAs have some of the lowest per day rates of any sailing. Even when you factor in the relatively expensive one way flight, the $ per point spent is likely to be a bargain compared to any other sailing.

Biker, who spent about $50/ point on his last TA sailing solo.

You should have sailed with us on Mariner. $28 a point for the Singapore to Dubai leg.

$56 a point for Dubai to Barcelona, but that was a GS. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

You should have sailed with us on Mariner. $28 a point for the Singapore to Dubai leg.

The price I mentioned included taxes and grats - the fare would have to be close to zero to get down to $28 per point.

The price I mentioned included taxes and grats - the fare would have to be close to zero to get down to $28 per point.
With taxes, grants, and insurance, it was $34 per point.

$887 net for 13 nights in a JS.

I used my OBC to cover some of the grants.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

With taxes, grants, and insurance, it was $34 per point.

$887 net for 13 nights in a JS.

I used my OBC to cover some of the grants.

Least expensive JS I've ever seen reported. I'm thrilled when I can get a JS for $150 pp/night..

Wow... thank you all for sharing your experience.

I learned something new today: earning more points by cruising solo.

My family and I (4 persons) usually take 7 nights cruise in 2 balcony rooms. Next time, I will try to see if the cost of a jr. suite is a better option.

Happy cruising.

It's possible that you can find a JS for you and your spouse and a balcony next door for the kids (let them earn their D points when they pay for it LOL!!!). :D

It's possible that you can find a JS for you and your spouse and a balcony next door for the kids (let them earn their D points when they pay for it LOL!!!). :D
On Freedom and Voyager ships there is an aft cabin setup that connect an inside and a balcony. They are the last two cabins on the port and starboard sides. That layout is on a couple of decks

That’s not a bad suggestion at all. :)

On Freedom and Voyager ships there is an aft cabin setup that connect an inside and a balcony. They are the last two cabins on the port and starboard sides. That layout is on a couple of decks

Good to know. Thank you very much.

My brother started sailing on Royal Caribbean with us after his wife had died, so he always got double points for paying the double fare for an inside room, since he was paying for two, even though he was alone. He got to Diamond level faster than we did, by far, but he paid so much more per person because he was alone. He had one junior suite on a five day cruise and this is the one that made him reach diamond level.

We are happy that he got there faster than we did. We cruise together and having him also be diamond makes it easier.

John,

this is good to know as we'll be traveling in the future w/ the grandson. Do you recall what decks these are on?

John,

this is good to know as we'll be traveling in the future w/ the grandson. Do you recall what decks these are on?

I'll look it up. One of them is on same deck as the former CL on Voyager ships. I think Liberty is deck 9 also.

Talked with someone in the Serenade CL who said they racked up points by booking one person solo in a JS and one person solo in the cheapest inside they could find. The both stayed in the JS and the inside went empty. Seems like a waste of money but it will sure get you there faster.

Before the points changed, we got to D+ b/c we took a boatload of 3 night cruises (when it was based on the # of cruises, not nights). We have done other cruise lines over the year, Celebrity and Princess.

Now, we finally realized we actually can make Pinnacle so we decided to only do Royal until we get there. We do not do Suites, so we are going to get there the hard way, one point per night. If a JS goes down enough to make it worth the upgrade we will do it, otherwise we will stick to our normal balconies. We figure with the amount we cruise, we should make Pinnacle in about 2 years.

Once we make Pinnacle, then we will go back to doing all 3 lines - Royal, Celebrity and Princess.

I have gotten some amazing deals on Royal for the 15 cruises we currently have booked. So very happy with the prices we have been able to get for balconies. We do a lot of 3 night cruises and 3 - 7 night cruises per year. We are getting lower prices on Mariner for 3 nights in a balcony that we ever got for OV on Enchantment. So very excited about that!

Talked with someone in the Serenade CL who said they racked up points by booking one person solo in a JS and one person solo in the cheapest inside they could find. The both stayed in the JS and the inside went empty. Seems like a waste of money but it will sure get you there faster.
Once you hit the 340+ level that price comes down quite a bit. We've done it a few times.

Guys/Gals

Please don't spend additional dollars just to get points. If you get a good deal on a JS....do it for the additional room, tub, and closet. Points should be way way down the list when considering a cabin.

Spending an extra $1000 today to get points for an increased balcony discount and some free drinks just ain't worth it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Guys/Gals

Please don't spend additional dollars just to get points. If you get a good deal on a JS....do it for the additional room, tub, and closet. Points should be way way down the list when considering a cabin.

Spending an extra $1000 today to get points for an increased balcony discount and some free drinks just ain't worth it.

We're less than one year out from Serenade TA. [emoji16]

Using two cabin strategy on that trip.

Double the OBC and 6 bottles of wine.

Edited by John&LaLa

Guys/Gals

I couldn't agree more. I never could understand that logic. For all we know by the time we get to the top level the perks could change or be eliminated all together. On every one of these cruise

boards there are always some top level loyalist complaining how the benefits are getting watered down.

We're less than one year out from Serenade TA. [emoji16]

Using two cabin strategy on that trip.

Double the OBC and 6 bottles of wine.

Will that be enough wine???

Or if you need any help..........you know where I live on Serenade.

I hope the seas are much calmer than the Brilliance TA I just got off of. Those northern Atlantic seas!!

Will that be enough wine???

Or if you need any help..........you know where I live on Serenade.

I hope the seas are much calmer than the Brilliance TA I just got off of. Those northern Atlantic seas!!

Never enough.

As I recall you are right above Laura's cabin.

If weather is bad, I'll be nice and safe in my cozy inside cabin.

Never enough.

As I recall you are right above Laura's cabin.

If weather is bad, I'll be nice and safe in my cozy inside cabin.

My DW would use the inside as her private closet. Of course.....that's where she would send me to take my shower.

Yes.....cabin 1100

I'll look it up. One of them is on same deck as the former CL on Voyager ships. I think Liberty is deck 9 also.

I found them! Deck 9 for sure. Maybe another deck as well but I stopped there. I booked the bacony & inside (connecting) for a future cruise (2020). This combo offered much more space than a GS. But a smaller balcony and of course it won't have the Gold card perks. But it still saved over $2000 over a GS w/ four even with the kids sail free promo. Thanks for the tip! I owe you an adult beverage!

I found them! Deck 9 for sure. Maybe another deck as well but I stopped there. I booked the bacony & inside (connecting) for a future cruise (2020). This combo offered much more space than a GS. But a smaller balcony and of course it won't have the Gold card perks. But it still saved over $2000 over a GS w/ four even with the kids sail free promo. Thanks for the tip! I owe you an adult beverage!
I'll sail Liberty some day