What does Captain's Club Coffee House for Elites perk get you?

skt4cruise

I have been Elite for 2 cruises now and did not know about this Perk. Guess I'd better go and read up on our Elite Benefits. Thanks for the heads up.

Ditto, patty! But we haven't been on X in a few years so this might be new.

Donna

Not very new -- at least five years old.

On some ships the meals come plated -- you can read the menu in the post above. On others it is served buffet style.

I think that what happens is that some people receive the Elite instruction letter from Captain's Club and don't realize what all it refers to -- the various Elite events are all spelled out on that Welcome Letter.

The coffee for the Captain’s Club Coffee Break seems to be wildly variable, depending on who is in charge of the machine. I like cappuccino, and sometimes it’s pretty good, with nice foam, and other times it’s undrinkable - like a flat, watery coffee with a little milk and a bubble or two around the edge.

When they have it in the Tuscan Grill on the S-class ships, the view alone is worth taking a chance on the dicey coffee. The smoothies are good, and the bagel plate is just the right size to suit me. I can get a decent coffee afterwards in Cafe al Bacio.

Thanks everyone. Loved those Captain's Club Breakfast menu & pictures of great morning food to get one going.

We too have been Elite for quite a while cruising at least once a year and have never gone to the Breakfast. Just totally forget about it. Next Celebrity cruise we will be in Blu. Maybe we will switch it up and try the Elite breakfast just for a change.

Thanks everyone. Loved those Captain's Club Breakfast menu & pictures of great morning food to get one going.

We too have been Elite for quite a while cruising at least once a year and have never gone to the Breakfast. Just totally forget about it. Next Celebrity cruise we will be in Blu. Maybe we will switch it up and try the Elite breakfast just for a change.

Have your breakfast in Blu then head to the Tuscan Grill for a couple of bloody marys.

Have only had plates food from a menu on one cruise. Very dependent on how many Elite there are. TA in April was filled with elite and had overflow in Qsine and not enough staff. Did not go back mostly due to time change 5 nights. Since we go to sleep late we kept waking up at 9 or so which was now 10 and elite breakfast was closed. Been on 5 as Elite and all others were buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

On my next cruise I will be Elite for the first time. I’m traveling with my sister who has not reached Elite yet. We are staying in the same cabin. Will she be able to go to the Elite breakfast with me?

Location depends on the class of ship

S class usually Tuscany

M-class it was MDR

On our last cruise March 2018 on Millie. They had the morning Elite breakfast in Tuscan Grille. As they have got rid of the Olympic restaurant.

We enjoy having a small breakfast in our cabin or balcony. Then get dress and have breakfast in Luminae. After that we go to the Elite Event or to Michael's Club.

SharonK

Hello fron Knoxville!

Yes your roommate can come with you to both the Elite breakfast and the Elite Cocktail Party (5pm - 7pm).

We enjoy the quiet time for breakfast, just remember there’s no hot food served. We always ask for almond croissants extra, as well as small rolls for our bread selection.

Usually it’s in the Tuscan Restaurant and you’ll get to talk to the Captain Club hostess on duty there. Always nice to introduce yourselves.

We get to go to Alaska in just 2 weeks on the Solstice- can hardly wait.

Enjoy your trip with your sister.

Edited by TN Vol Fan
Spelling

SharonK

Hello fron Knoxville!

Yes your roommate can come with you to both the Elite breakfast and the Elite Cocktail Party (5pm - 7pm).

We enjoy the quiet time for breakfast, just remember there’s no hot food served. We always ask for almond croissants extra, as well as small rolls for our bread selection.

Usually it’s in the Tuscan Restaurant and you’ll get to talk to the Captain Club hostess on duty there. Always nice to introduce yourselves.

We get to go to Alaska in just 2 weeks on the Solstice- can hardly wait.

Enjoy your trip with your sister.

Thanks ! Alaska is beautiful. I would do it again!

SharonK

It certainly is!

This will be my third time going out of Seattle on the Solstice. But this time DH, DSs and DDIL are going also. We haven’t had a family vacation with everyone in years (one son travels for work mainly).

Glad to see your Choice Air problem got resolved. We usually have used them going to Europe with no trouble. What ship? Europe is great in the fall.

SharonK

It certainly is!

This will be my third time going out of Seattle on the Solstice. But this time DH, DSs and DDIL are going also. We haven’t had a family vacation with everyone in years (one son travels for work mainly).

Glad to see your Choice Air problem got resolved. We usually have used them going to Europe with no trouble. What ship? Europe is great in the fall.

We will be on the Eclipse out of Barcelona going to Greece. I probably won’t be able to take advantage of the coffee house as we are also traveling with another woman who is a Celebrity “virgin”. I’ll try to at least pop in and check out the coffee house so I’ll know for the next cruise. We have the beverage package so we can get all our specialty coffees and drinks without the elite perks.

We really enjoy the little breakfast in Tuscany. The view is lovely by the windows.

Location depends on the class of ship

S class usually Tuscany

Actually, I'm pretty sure it is in Tuscan Grille.

When did they bring back the "buffet"? All I need is that tray of smoked salmon :cool:

Actually, I'm pretty sure it is in Tuscan Grille.

When did they bring back the "buffet"? All I need is that tray of smoked salmon :cool:

They use the buffet when not sailing out of U.S. ports. They had the buffet when sailing AUS/NZ.

Not so. The eclipse have the buffet sailing out of a US port to the Caribbean this winter

I think the issue with the buffet was that it was in the carpeted are of Tuscan. Since they moved it to the tiled entrance way, maybe that fixed the problem.

I think the issue with the buffet was that it was in the carpeted are of Tuscan. Since they moved it to the tiled entrance way, maybe that fixed the problem.

equinox, sailing out of Florida, September 2017e3819e1bf70ad20aeb18c5f0eaad8497.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk