Sea Pass Cards No Longer Given At Check-In????

If you are talking about an Oasis class ship, and those have lunch on embarkation day in the Suite Lounge, there will be someone there. I suggest knocking on the door. (as loudly as necessary :D )

This method worked very well for us on the Harmony last week ;p

Karen

I'll add that if you wait until boarding to purchase your beverage package, keep your little stickers handy and they will honor the package until you can put them on your seapass. Just be careful you don't lose them.

Another difference from "normal" procedure is that you need a set-sail pass for each passenger. Especially if you want to use a drink package before you get your cruise card. Your cruise planner gives you multiple buttons, one for each passenger. I would guess that if you hadn't printed one out they could give you one with the bar code in the terminal before you board.

We didn't upload a photo prior to our cruise last week on the Harmony, they took our photos for us like before during check in.

Karen

Last year out of NJ, they didn’t like our self loaded pics and has us retake. In other words, no big deal if you do or don’t. And I chose not to be offended that my own pics were that bad. :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are talking about an Oasis class ship, and those have lunch on embarkation day in the Suite Lounge, there will be someone there. I suggest knocking on the door. (as loudly as necessary :D )

They usually prop the door open at least until 1:00.

Also, that bar code has a sequential (sequenced) "dash number" which is incremented when your reservation is updated. Print your Set Sail Pass near your cruise date (after making any last minute updates). Otherwise, the check-in agent will have to run around and reprint your pass. Because of some IT problems, it took about 10 minutes when we checked in at Port Everglades because one of our passes was "not current"/"out of date".

Another difference from "normal" procedure is that you need a set-sail pass for each passenger. Especially if you want to use a drink package before you get your cruise card. Your cruise planner gives you multiple buttons, one for each passenger. I would guess that if you hadn't printed one out they could give you one with the bar code in the terminal before you board.

So I need to print a set-sail pass for each person in our party? I did not know this; thought it was one per stateroom. Thanks!

Yes, for those ships that distribute the SeaPass cards at the stateroom.

I hope they get the website working by June 28. Right now, I can't even get into the cruise planner for either of my reservations and I get an error when I click on set-sail pass.:rolleyes:

Yes, I read what was written. And I thank you all for the clarification. But still wondering how one would get to the Suite Lounge? Do you not swipe a card anymore or is it now closed until the cabins become available?

Knock on the door, it's not closed

Knock on the door, it's not closed

How would I have known this? That is why I was asking the questions? I wasn't 100% sure if the Set Sail Pass could be scanned or used for those two things. I assure you that if I know the door would be open or Royal personal is inside if the door was closed. I would not have asked. The last time I was in the CL was on Brilliance in 2016. Went up there after lunch. Used the card to open the door and no one was in there. At 1:30ish I headed down to the cabin. No one ever came in. Was just trying to understand this new system better.

How would I have known this? That is why I was asking the questions? I wasn't 100% sure if the Set Sail Pass could be scanned or used for those two things. I assure you that if I know the door would be open or Royal personal is inside if the door was closed. I would not have asked. The last time I was in the CL was on Brilliance in 2016. Went up there after lunch. Used the card to open the door and no one was in there. At 1:30ish I headed down to the cabin. No one ever came in. Was just trying to understand this new system better.

Well now you know

Don’t know when my port, Galveston, will go to the new system when we board Dec 30.

How does it work if cards are at door? My wife and I travel with 2 kids and book two rooms. Since the kids are 17 & 15, we have to book each room with 1 parent and 1 kid. However, we normally have the parents key work on both rooms and the kid who needs to move room activate both rooms also. The check-in agent takes care of this for us. Will the website have option to allow such? Or we will need to handle that at Guest Services onboard? I just hate the long line at Guest Services on boarding day...

Don’t know when my port, Galveston, will go to the new system when we board Dec 30.

How does it work if cards are at door? My wife and I travel with 2 kids and book two rooms. Since the kids are 17 & 15, we have to book each room with 1 parent and 1 kid. However, we normally have the parents key work on both rooms and the kid who needs to move room activate both rooms also. The check-in agent takes care of this for us. Will the website have option to allow such? Or we will need to handle that at Guest Services onboard? I just hate the long line at Guest Services on boarding day...

Galveston is not one of the ports that has the new system, nor are there any projections that it is getting it.

Guest Services will take care of extra keys.

May be a dumb question, but when you upload your photo, does it go on your set sail pass or do you bring it along separately? Also is there a maximum size for the photo, in other words might you have to crop it?

May be a dumb question, but when you upload your photo, does it go on your set sail pass or do you bring it along separately? ...

The uploaded photo is stored in the ship's database and accessed via the barcode on the SetSail pass and SeaPass card.

I was reading through some threads and came upon people saying some ships don't give passengers their sea pass cards upon check-in and now they are in an envelope outside your cabin?

Is this true??? I've never experienced this before, as you need your sea pass card when you walk on the ship to scan you as boarding.

I'm going on the Adventure of the Seas in 3 weeks out of Bayonne, New Jersey, if that matters.

I've experienced this on Carnival and didn't have any issues at all. Used the boarding pass for purchases until we retrieved the card from outside the cabin.

Do you have to have own photos to up load or is their an option to have photo taken there?

From what I have read, it is optional but the more people that chose to do it, the quicker the overall check in process will be. It might not save you a tremendous amount of time at your specific check in, but when you multiply that small amount of time by the amount of people on the ship, it can make a big difference.

We were just on Harmony. We supplied the photos. Fastest check in ever!

They had the door to the CK and CL propped open until after 1:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If we are in a JS, can we use the CK on embarkation day on the Allure?

I hope they get the website working by June 28. Right now, I can't even get into the cruise planner for either of my reservations and I get an error when I click on set-sail pass.:rolleyes:

Have you tried to use a different web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. It seems more and more web sites are getting picky these days on which one they like to work on.

If your card is at your cabin and you have to Drink Package or access to the Suite Lounge. How would that work? Do you have to wait to get a beer until you go to the cabin first?

There's a bar code on your paperwork. That allows you access and buy/get drinks. This happened to me three times now, Anthem and Ovation out of Southampton and Symphony out of Barcelona. It works fine and our cards were outside our cabin in an envelope.

Have you tried to use a different web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. It seems more and more web sites are getting picky these days on which one they like to work on.
I usually use Chrome and I tried clearing my cookies etc. That didn't work so I tried Firefox. Still no joy. Also tried a different computer. No go.

Maybe the Memorial Day sale increased traffic more than they could handle. Will give it a couple more days. We don't sail until June 29. But thanks for the suggestions!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app