Ordered 12 bottles of water, received 11

sbt518

On the Epic out of Barcelona on May 20, we ordered the 12 bottle water package and only received 11. We called and complained and were told we’d get the last bottle the next day.

That didn’t happen, so at the latitudes party when the beverage manager asked us how our cruise was, we asked him for our missing water. We did receive it after that.

But it makes me wonder, did Doug ever get his missing water on the Inaugural sailing? Does NCL short everyone a bottle or two and hope we won’t notice?

Has this happened to anyone else?

On the Epic out of Barcelona on May 20, we ordered the 12 bottle water package and only received 11. We called and complained and were told we’d get the last bottle the next day.

That didn’t happen, so at the latitudes party when the beverage manager asked us how our cruise was, we asked him for our missing water. We did receive it after that.

But it makes me wonder, did Doug ever get his missing water on the Inaugural sailing? Does NCL short everyone a bottle or two and hope we won’t notice?

Thanks for the laugh lol you cant be serious are you ??

Marion

It’s a true story. We paid close to $3/bottle of water at the inflated NCL pricing. We expected to get what we ordered and we thought it was amusing that it took so much effort to get what we paid for.

It reminded me of Doug’s review where he ordered 24 bottles and received 22 so I wanted to see if it happened to anyone else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We actually received 8 extra bottles of water on our cruise. They were in our room along with the case of 12 that we paid for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I don’t know why everyone is making light of this. I think it’s a legitimate question. You don’t think that NCL would hound the poster if it was the other way around, and he owed them $3 for a bottle of water?

It’s a true story. We paid close to $3/bottle of water at the inflated NCL pricing. We expected to get what we ordered and we thought it was amusing that it took so much effort to get what we paid for.

It reminded me of Doug’s review where he ordered 24 bottles and received 22 so I wanted to see if it happened to anyone else.

Why do people even bother buying water?

Because certain people do not like the cruise ship water / tap water and wanted certain brands like Poland Spring.

Even though there are free water on the cruise ship as well as flavor water/juices/milk.

Why do people buy anything? Because obviously it is something they want.

The point is, it’s such a stupid and ridiculous thing for NCL to do and although it’s a minor annoyance, and yes, laughable, people should get what they paid for when they make a purchase.

Why do people buy anything? Because obviously it is something they want.

The point is, it’s such a stupid and ridiculous thing for NCL to do and although it’s a minor annoyance, and yes, laughable, people should get what they paid for when they make a purchase.

It’s laughable that people would think that NCL is trying to save money by shorting someone a bottle of water.

A bottle here, a bottle there, NCL could soon be building a new ship with the profits stolen. Good catch.

building a new ship????

IF every single person bought water (not likely) and

IF every person was shorted 1 bottle (not likely) and

IF there are 4,000 people per cruise (high side) and

IF there are 17 NCL ships and

IF they sail every single week (High Side) and

IF it costs them .50 per bottle of water (their cost is probably less) and

IF a cruise ship cost 1 billion dollars

Then if my calculations are correct, it would take 565 years to get enough for a new ship. :rolleyes:

building a new ship????

Then if my calculations are correct, it would take 565 years to get enough for a new ship. :rolleyes:

So you are saying it is possible but not probable??;p;p

building a new ship????

I bet we will all be dead before that new ship 🚢 will be build lol

So you are saying it is possible but not probable??;p;p

no...

since it will take 565 years to get that money... given inflation - in 565 years it will cost 50 billion to build the ship so you'll never get past the hurdle...

:'):D