New Dinner Menu in GDR

Aloha 1

Can I offer one slight correction at this stage, actually Weiner Schintzel not Vienna Schnitzel, but whatever, it should have a thin breaded crust and not be overcooked.

Actually, when in Germany or Austria, I prefer the Ziguener Schinzel, which has fried red, yellow and green peppers in lieu of the breaded crust,much easier to digest ;)

Can I offer one slight correction at this stage, actually Weiner Schintzel not Vienna Schnitzel, but whatever, it should have a thin breaded crust and not be overcooked.

Actually, when in Germany or Austria, I prefer the Ziguener Schinzel, which has fried red, yellow and green peppers in lieu of the breaded crust,much easier to digest ;)

Weiner is Vienna in German, so Vienna sausage is correct. Also, Ziguener is considered a racist term by many Roma, even when used with food terms. Ziguener means "Gypsy" in German.

From my long forgotten German the city of Vienna in German is Wien. Hence anything Viennese is Wiener (not Weiner)

See some items in the menu of Figlmüller - the renowned Viennese schnitzel restaurant

https://figlmueller.at/wp-content/uploads/Wollzeile_Speisekarte_Juni2018_web.pdf

As in

Wiener Tafelspitz im Topf mit Schnittlauchsaucelt or

Alt-Wiener Erdäpfelsuppe mit Steinpilzen

Wein OTOH means Wine (see the drinks menu)

Just sayin’ :D

Edited by Paulchili

Now Lyn!

In German/Austrian Wein is the proper spelling of the City. W is pronounced as V so producing the name In English Vienna. Additionally the letters “Er” at the end are the possessive case meaning of or from. Therefore, Weiner means of or from Wein or Vienna. The dish is veal.

:rolleyes:Now Lyn!

In German/Austrian Wein is the proper spelling of the City. W is pronounced as V so producing the name In English Vienna. Additionally the letters “Er” at the end are the possessive case meaning of or from. Therefore, Weiner means of or from Wein or Vienna. The dish is veal.

Now Lyn!

Actually, see my note above your post :)

Wien and Vienna are one city. .... Wien and Vienna are different names for the same city, the capital of Austria. Wien is in German (language spoken in Austria), while Vienna is in English.(this is a quote from the website about Vienna)

Edited by Paulchili

Paul;

Need to shut my auto spell off! I self corrected once and didn’t notice it autocorrected again!!!

I was writing my reply when you posted so never say your post before mine. Sorry!

No worrries :)

From my long forgotten German the city of Vienna in German is Wien. Hence anything Viennese is Wiener (not Weiner)

See some items in the menu of Figlmüller - the renowned Viennese schnitzel restaurant

https://figlmueller.at/wp-content/uploads/Wollzeile_Speisekarte_Juni2018_web.pdf

As in

Wiener Tafelspitz im Topf mit Schnittlauchsaucelt or

Alt-Wiener Erdäpfelsuppe mit Steinpilzen

Wein OTOH means Wine (see the drinks menu)

Just sayin’ :D

I stand corrected... thanks

Vienna Schnitzel is made with pork

Weiner schnitzel is made with veal

Wrong...

You should take some German/cuisine courses...,

Vienna and Weiner are the same word Weiner means from Vienna which is Wein+er= from Vienna or auf Weiner art made the style of Vienna.

Schnitzel is served Weiner style and is pork all over the Continent, breaded,t pan fried cutlet of any meat with lemon unless called Weiner Schnitzel veal and not that common these days.. can be pork, elk, deer, even chicken schnitzel.

Wrong...

You should take some German/cuisine courses...,

Vienna and Weiner are the same word Weiner means from Vienna which is Wein+er= from Vienna or auf Weiner art made the style of Vienna.

Schnitzel is served Weiner style and is pork all over the Continent, breaded,t pan fried cutlet of any meat with lemon unless called Weiner Schnitzel veal and not that common these days.. can be pork, elk, deer, even chicken schnitzel.

Dan - see my posts #82 & #85 re: Weiner vs Wiener :)

OK, when in Rome...

Yes, veal is most commonly used in Italy and their schnitzel is called Veal Milanese. Veal is also used by famed Austrian-American chef Wolfgang Puck for his wienerschnitzel.

If you want to have a choice of various excellent and reasonably priced schnitzel preparations, I recommend Johannes Restaurant in Palm Springs. His veal or chicken wienerschnitzel comes with sides of lingonberries and thinly sliced cucumbers in sour cream and dill sauce. (Get the spaetzle too!) They even serve a discounted schnitzel if you eat at the counter, which at last glance was just $13 for a smaller but still ample portion.

And now, back to the MDR?

Yes, that would be nice :D.

Has anyone got menu scans yet? Oceania doesn't have an app or website that's used while on board that has menus and dailies that can be downloaded, does it? Or am I expecting too much?

Why do people change to a new Cruise Line which they hear is "better" and then pine for the features of the Lines that they are leaving?

There is a whimsey about sailing on a 650 passenger ship, which account for four of Oceanias six vessels, and part of that charm is the lack the glitz and technology of the Gigantics.

keansburg-amusement-park.jpg

Let the boat ride BE a boat ride.

Why do people change to a new Cruise Line which they hear is "better" and then pine for the features of the Lines that they are leaving?

There is a whimsey about sailing on a 650 passenger ship, which account for four of Oceanias six vessels, and part of that charm is the lack the glitz and technology of the Gigantics.

keansburg-amusement-park.jpg

Let the boat ride BE a boat ride.

There is also the quality of the food & the service & attention to detail that the mega ships can't provide.

Yes, that would be nice :D.

Has anyone got menu scans yet? Oceania doesn't have an app or website that's used while on board that has menus and dailies that can be downloaded, does it? Or am I expecting too much?

I only have one night that DH took photos of on the TV

see pages 5- 6

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-Z7QXrr/i-2NsqmX3

It takes a lot of time & effort to scan all the dailies ..feel free when you are onboard