Diamond lounge age restriction

(Or D+ if you hit D+ by the time he turns 18)

Hadn't even considered that, but you are right. Hardly a reason to rush it, but based on cruising history could definitely hit D+ well before he is 18.

concierge dependent, and may even be a choice made each cruise based on number of Ds on board.

NOPE!!! Check your policies. It is RCI policy that children are admitted with adult supervision. This is NOT concierge dependent.

Please, we know you hate kids, not sure why you are on this family cruise line, but the very least you could do is NOT spread misinformation to parents looking for up to date, factual, accurate policy information. Correcting your constant kid hating and parent bashing is very old.

There is the super rare occasion you will get the comment how they rode in on our coattails

Tell them to send a letter to C&A that they think there are too many benefits and they'd like to see a reduction. Bet that's the last you hear of it...

A few years ago on Liberty my 17 year old daughter was not allowed in the Diamond lounge, we were told no children under 21 allowed. Before and after that cruise we have always seen kids in the Diamond Lounge no problem. I guess my point is you can never be sure that RC will apply rules consistently.
She wouldn't be allowed in unsupervised during cocktail hours.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a child in the DL or CL grab all of anything put out:rolleyes: but I have seen adults do it.

On Our Seranade TA the waiter brought out a plate of cranberry/white chocolate chip cookies and one of chocolate chip. A Pinnacle guest wrapped up all but 3 of the cranberry ones and left the lounge. I thought this was funny as I’m sure all he had to do was ask and he would have his own plate of cookies delivered to his room.:')

Sherri:)

I have. in fact one cruise it was the same 9-10 year old girl every night. she literally would come down the the Lounge during set up and as soon as the tray was put in place, she was up there taking them all. her grandmother was worse. She decided all the hot seafood appetizers were hers alone.. and yes they both left the lounge with them. cocktail hour hadn't even officially started.

When I book a cruise I print all policies in effect at time of booking. If there's ever anything in question I have an official reference. Also, the computers onboard have FREE access to Royal's website where you can verify policies as well. Do not get railroaded by a concierge denying access the company says you are allowed to have. Frankly, if there are a lot of D, D+, Pinnacle members onboard, it is offensive to say those under 21 or 18 are not welcome. What if we said those over 65, 70, or 80 are not welcome? Both ways exactly the same, discriminating based on age against someone otherwise entitled to be there. yes, the big E word, ENTITLED. Its not a nasty word. It means you have earned the right to partake in something; the company has decided to entitle you with a benefit and it is published in black and white. Please don't support further segregating and discriminating as in the end all you do is ruin benefits for YOURSELF.

Do they still have chocolate covered strawberries? Grandeur did not in March and it was very disappointing. They did have potstickers and some other new items though. I was devastated BY the lack of chocolate covered strawberries however. No petit fours either.

white and milk. the petit fours seem to be MIA though.. not even in the plate that gets delivered to the cabins during formal night for those who warrant them.

When I book a cruise I print all policies in effect at time of booking. If there's ever anything in question I have an official reference. Also, the computers onboard have FREE access to Royal's website where you can verify policies as well. Do not get railroaded by a concierge denying access the company says you are allowed to have. Frankly, if there are a lot of D, D+, Pinnacle members onboard, it is offensive to say those under 21 or 18 are not welcome. What if we said those over 65, 70, or 80 are not welcome? Both ways exactly the same, discriminating based on age against someone otherwise entitled to be there. yes, the big E word, ENTITLED. Its not a nasty word. It means you have earned the right to partake in something; the company has decided to entitle you with a benefit and it is published in black and white. Please don't support further segregating and discriminating as in the end all you do is ruin benefits for YOURSELF.
Cocktail hours are mainly for over 21s to get free drinks and if there are not enough seats people because minors have taken them some people might not be happy We have no problems with anyone behaved being in the DL.

Last week on Independence there was an overflow into the Olive&Twist lounge and that's where we sat because the DL looked more like a staff canteen,IMG_20180528_144714.thumb.jpg.5164242f13cd94832045bcca6bf0e114.jpg

white and milk. the petit fours seem to be MIA though.. not even in the plate that gets delivered to the cabins during formal night for those who warrant them.
They were dark chocolate covered strawberries on Independence last week.

Hmm... maybe it was a strawberry shortage?? We will see in August when we go on the adventure.

Cocktail hours are mainly for over 21s to get free drinks and if there are not enough seats people because minors have taken them some people might not be happy We have no problems with anyone behaved being in the DL.

Last week on Independence there was an overflow into the Olive&Twist lounge and that's where we sat because the DL looked more like a staff canteen,[ATTACH]423583[/ATTACH]

If some people are not happy about, they need to get over it.

My Grandson has been Diamond on his own earned points since he was a pre-teen. We rarely, if ever, go to the Diamond lounge because we usually have someone with us that is not Diamond and we don't like to leave them behind. When we have gone to the Diamond lounge, my Grandson has always gone with us. It's really not the job of other passengers to police the Diamond lounge asking who is or isn't allowed. I've seen most of the bad behavior coming from adults in the Diamond lounge. The concierge on one of our cruises was telling us that his Granddaughter is Pinnacle on her own points. I'm sure he's aware of the rules, as are the other concierges. I'm not sure why people are so pre-occupied by everyone around them, especially families who are on a family oriented cruise ship. We no longer have children cruising as the Grandson is now an adult (who still cruises with us) but I still love seeing the young families, doesn't bother me at all. In fact, we've had some really nice conversations with them.

My Grandson has been Diamond on his own earned points since he was a pre-teen. We rarely, if ever, go to the Diamond lounge because we usually have someone with us that is not Diamond and we don't like to leave them behind. When we have gone to the Diamond lounge, my Grandson has always gone with us. It's really not the job of other passengers to police the Diamond lounge asking who is or isn't allowed. I've seen most of the bad behavior coming from adults in the Diamond lounge. The concierge on one of our cruises was telling us that his Granddaughter is Pinnacle on her own points. I'm sure he's aware of the rules, as are the other concierges. I'm not sure why people are so pre-occupied by everyone around them, especially families who are on a family oriented cruise ship. We no longer have children cruising as the Grandson is now an adult (who still cruises with us) but I still love seeing the young families, doesn't bother me at all. In fact, we've had some really nice conversations with them.
While in Olive& Twist lounge DL overflow we saw several adults with their feet on the chairs.

Kids get a bad rap, and as a father of a 3 and 7 year old i totally get that they can be difficult, but adults can be even more difficult and as an adult you have absolutely no excuse for poor behavior.

One of my biggest peeves, is all the adults blaming children for the epidemics of Norwalk virus. If you are child in a school or daycare, you are brainwashed to wash your hands every five seconds. If we go into a restroom and somestranger forgets to wash their hands, you can bet that he will remind you. Kids these days are obsessed with the handheld machines. They have to use EVERYONE of them. Walking around the ship is a nightmare as we have to pull them away from those things as they are preprogrammed to use one the moment they see it. So I highly doubt any child in school or daycare is spreading these diseases.

Been taking my kids into DL and CL since 1990's. Single parent taking kids on cruises by myself, youngest was 2 and well behaved, if wasn't I wouldn't have. My other two kids 5 and 9 were usually in Adventure Ocean... At the time I was young also, they would always want check my status. Back then Diamond was the Top Tier, able go in CL, be first on ship and first off though wasn't many of us top tier at the time. At most 6-10 a sailing on the newer ships...

Last week on Independence there was an overflow into the Olive&Twist lounge and that's where we sat because the DL looked more like a staff canteen,[ATTACH]423583[/ATTACH]

They may not be happy but they don’t take precedence over another guest w the same privileges

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They may not be happy but they don’t take precedence over another guest w the same privileges

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The outside seating was nice to sit and have a coffee and cookie during the day.

This cruise had over 500 D,D+ on but we were delighted to sit in Olive& Twist overflow and never had a problem getting a seat or drink.

We had 6 different servers and all served us during the cruise and I gave $1 a drink tip.

This is all so interesting. I think the last time I have been in the diamond lounge (except to grab coffee in the am) was when our now 17yo (not that it matters, but actually has a couple more cruise points than me, and yes was well behaved) was about 12 and he was kicked out by the concierge for not being 18 during cocktail hour (European cruise). We didn’t fight it, not that important to us, but the DL lost the attraction for us when we couldn’t hang out with our family before dinner.

Good to hear they have relaxed or changed the rules.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cindivan

You are lucky there was an overflow. Freedom and serenade there were none. Will see how it goes on allure in october.

Does anyone know if rccl has relaxed the no overflow lounge policy here in the states?

The outside seating was nice to sit and have a coffee and cookie during the day.

This cruise had over 500 D,D+ on but we were delighted to sit in Olive& Twist overflow and never had a problem getting a seat or drink.

We had 6 different servers and all served us during the cruise and I gave $1 a drink tip.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

We will Not be going to the lounge if it’s full of children! Not our cup of tea, sorry!

I don't think you should apologise and I say that as someone who has an 8 year old son.

It is an adult environment when alcohol is served with adult talk. When we went with our son to the DL on Oasis for cocktails I found a quiet corner for us to sit out of the way (or we went upstairs) and thats where he remained, we got his food for him.

Not all parents acted the same unfortunately from what we saw.

We will Not be going to the lounge if it’s full of children! Not our cup of tea, sorry!
We always avoid the school holidays because:-

1 Prices are significantly higher,

2 Not many children on board outside of school holidays.

concierge dependent, and may even be a choice made each cruise based on number of Ds on board. but you can assume they are not allowed in during cocktail hour unless accompanied by a parent. and as a courtesy to the other guests don't let them grab every single chocolate covered strawberry as soon as they are set out.

I was just asking the question however my children are in their 40s so my question does not apply to them. And as far as grabbing food I have seen many adults do this.