Diamond lounge age restriction

We will Not be going to the lounge if it’s full of children! Not our cup of tea, sorry!

That’s what the vouchers are for. Whether you do not enjoy the company of adults or children in the diamond lounge, you are now free to drink somewhere else.

Many do not like a a lounge full of adults. Now we have freedom. Everyone complains about all the things royal Caribbean has taken from everyone over the year, But the vouchers were a huge benefit for the crown and anchor society.

That’s what the vouchers are for. Whether you do not enjoy the company of adults or children in the diamond lounge, you are now free to drink somewhere else.

Many do not like a a lounge full of adults. Now we have freedom. Everyone complains about all the things royal Caribbean has taken from everyone over the year, But the vouchers were a huge benefit for the crown and anchor society.

We do the Beverage Package so the vouchers/DL do nothing for us but to socialize.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We do the Beverage Package so the vouchers/DL do nothing for us but to socialize.

On our last cruise there were 400+ D and above.

Our kid was one of two in the lounge; they made fast friends and sat at the same table in the outdoor section of the lounge.

If 2 kids bothers you, you may want to rethink sailing a floating amusement park.

On our last cruise there were 400+ D and above.

Our kid was one of two in the lounge; they made fast friends and sat at the same table in the outdoor section of the lounge.

If 2 kids bothers you, you may want to rethink sailing a floating amusement park.

We are Not doing this cruise for the ship/passengers but for the time and itinerary!

Thankfully there are many lounges in the ship to socialize.

The age of Diamonds is steadily dropping and as the demographic changes, so will the rules of the DL, along with the rules regarding children so the number of children in the Diamond Lounge will only increase.

In all honesty there are many times we walk into the Diamond Lounge and if they haven’t opened overflow we go somewhere else as there are minimal places to sit.

When I book a cruise I print all policies in effect at time of booking. If there's ever anything in question I have an official reference. Also, the computers onboard have FREE access to Royal's website where you can verify policies as well. Do not get railroaded by a concierge denying access the company says you are allowed to have. Frankly, if there are a lot of D, D+, Pinnacle members onboard, it is offensive to say those under 21 or 18 are not welcome. What if we said those over 65, 70, or 80 are not welcome? Both ways exactly the same, discriminating based on age against someone otherwise entitled to be there. yes, the big E word, ENTITLED. Its not a nasty word. It means you have earned the right to partake in something; the company has decided to entitle you with a benefit and it is published in black and white. Please don't support further segregating and discriminating as in the end all you do is ruin benefits for YOURSELF.
Do you always board the ship expecting problems. Chill out. Guilty until proven innocent? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do you always board the ship expecting problems. Chill out. Guilty until proven innocent? [emoji848]

This has nothing to do with ships. If I buy something I save the policies and warranties too. It has come in useful. No need to argue or fight over something. It's in plain print. Better to have it and not need it.

I'm pointing out the absurdity of one guest taking something away from another. I know you have extensive sailing history but if I were to vocally demand that Pinnacle members or D+ members be restricted from doing something because they get too much space, service, etc..., I'm also losing out on the bargain. Guests pitted against other guests is always a losing proposition. I feel you should get further enhancements. And if the company were to say that you did, that they honor it. And if they don't, that you easily can remedy it.

John, I'm on your side.

We get on the ship to chill out and have a great time.

During our last 3-4 cruises we have used the DL sparingly but still enjoyed the snacks, free wine and coffee in the DL.

This has nothing to do with ships. If I buy something I save the policies and warranties too. It has come in useful. No need to argue or fight over something. It's in plain print. Better to have it and not need it.

I'm pointing out the absurdity of one guest taking something away from another. I know you have extensive sailing history but if I were to vocally demand that Pinnacle members or D+ members be restricted from doing something because they get too much space, service, etc..., I'm also losing out on the bargain. Guests pitted against other guests is always a losing proposition. I feel you should get further enhancements. And if the company were to say that you did, that they honor it. And if they don't, that you easily can remedy it.

John, I'm on your side.

We share many beliefs I'm sure.

I think our big difference is why and how we cruise.

You cruise as a vacation a few times a year. We cruise as a lifestyle. I can definitely see how your expectations can be higher.

I mainly cruise to get away from the dog. She's extremely needy.

Once again the DL debate pits the ever elusive overindulged children against the overly maligned Pinnacles. Some people need new material.
We sail Oasis this weekend. I'm expecting lots of kids and few upper tier. I imagine the SL will be full of wee ones.

Once again the DL debate pits the ever elusive overindulged children against the overly maligned Pinnacles. Some people need new material.

Given the current ever decreasing age of the upper Tiers, eventually you could be pitting people against themselves, lol.

You cruise as a vacation a few times a year. We cruise as a lifestyle. I can definitely see how your expectations can be higher.

I think most of us would be happy to look after Bella.

You live in a great location and in your shoes I would be doing exactly the same as you living so close to PC

Just bring the dog with.......oh never mind that’s a whole different thread. [emoji41]

Please start a new thread and we will oblige and post our responses.

The response goes with this thread. Why start a new one. Isn't this thread about children, DL, yada, yada, yada, and not about dogs? :D

WOW! You can tell the ones With children and the ones Without! We normally do cruises, 99% without children, but the time and itinerary was the deciding factor. It’s not like we don’t like kids we just don’t vacation with them and we Earned our status! Just saying. [emoji6]

The response goes with this thread. Why start a new one. Isn't this thread about children, DL, yada, yada, yada, and not about dogs? :D
Big G said we need some new material,

Therefore start a new thread.

There are plenty of places that kids would rather be than a DL drinking place with the (Olds) parents watching them.

There are plenty of places that kids would rather be than a DL drinking place with the (Olds) parents watching them.

I 100% agree. There are many places my kids would rather be than the DL, sitting with me and the wife having a drink. However, I am teaching my kids it's not always about them, and sometimes, they have to sit, and suck it up, and not be the center of attention and be entertained every moment of every day.

Actually I was referring to the same old arguments about who behaves the worst. I have never seen bad behavior in the DL, CL, or SL. Not saying it never happens but it's not like the lounges are plagued with it.

Actually I was referring to the same old arguments about who behaves the worst. I have never seen bad behavior in the DL, CL, or SL. Not saying it never happens but it's not like the lounges are plagued with it.
I'm the same as you, fortunately we have never experienced bad behaviour in the loyalty lounges either.

We have seen bad behavior in the lounges...and it wasn't from children...:eek: