Diamond lounge age restriction

Is it 13 and over or 18 and over allowed in the Diamond lounge in the evening? Sorry, can't remember and this will be first cruise sailing as Diamond.

Your children are allowed in the Diamond Lounge with you no matter the age.

Our 4&5 year old grandchildren (D+) enjoy the snacks & Shirley Temples in the lounge..very well behaved and have been cruising since they were babies. However we do make use of the overflow area if available on the particular ship we're sailing. We're all a bit more comfortable there and their's usually more seating.

My kids have been going since 13 months and 3 years old. No issues as of late. Initially it was ship dependent but in the last two years as Diamonds are getting younger the age limit seems to have been removed on all ships I have been on lately. Only once on the Freedom in 2015 were we asked to leave the DL due to our kids. I respected the policy and did not argue, but it truly seems to have become very lax in the last two years.

All kids i have seen in the DL or overflow have been well behaved. We always go to overflow if available and sit in a corner as to disturb people less, albeit my kiddos are pretty well behaved to begin with, but we understand some people may not want to be near kids.

I suspect given the rapid rise in Diamond cruisers the DL will eventually be D+ up and only and Diamonds will just get 3 drink vouchers. Either that or they move the sticks to become Diamond.

Is it 13 and over or 18 and over allowed in the Diamond lounge in the evening? Sorry, can't remember and this will be first cruise sailing as Diamond.

On Oasis class ships, children are allowed in the D lounge when accompanied by an adult. There was some gripes from seasoned RCL Paxs when children were seen in the D lounge on our January Anthem sail. Don't know if children are allowed in the D lounge across the fleet.

A few years ago on Liberty my 17 year old daughter was not allowed in the Diamond lounge, we were told no children under 21 allowed. Before and after that cruise we have always seen kids in the Diamond Lounge no problem. I guess my point is you can never be sure that RC will apply rules consistently.

A few years ago on Liberty my 17 year old daughter was not allowed in the Diamond lounge, we were told no children under 21 allowed. Before and after that cruise we have always seen kids in the Diamond Lounge no problem. I guess my point is you can never be sure that RC will apply rules consistently.

You are truly at the mercy of the concierge. But lately all concierges Have been notably more lax, but ultimately it is their call. Thankfully only once have we been asked to leave because we had kids.

Lots of young kids are earning True Diamond status these days and not riding of their parents points. My son turned Diamond when he was 5, and not off my points. My daughter who is 3 will beat him and turn Diamond before her 4th bday. It is definitely becoming more common to meet families that rack up lots of cruise nights.

Random note, For some reason you are not allowed to change the welcome gift present for a minor. They always get bottles of water and C&A when calling state that children are not allowed to request a Diet Coke or any other welcome drink in the cabin. They cannot change preferences.

Your minor children should be Diamond members anyway. Call Crown and Anchor and have them linked to your status, assuming they share the same physical address as you and have cruised at least once before with Royal.

They are. My point is that many always talk how the babies and kiddos get "Grandfathered" in off their parents status. My point, is that our kids have had Diamond Status since birth, but they also will truly "earn" that status. My son has cruised his 80 points, and my daughter will hit 80 in Feb of 2019.

They will have "done their time" on the cruise ship, and no longer be considered a "grandfathered" diamond but what I consider a "true" diamond. There is no difference in benefits, but more of just knowing that they really have put in their time.

I have always been under the impression that children were not allowed in the diamond lounge during cocktail hour. From the posts I am reading it seems like children are allowed in any time?

They are allowed any time.

They are. My point is that many always talk how the babies and kiddos get "Grandfathered" in off their parents status. My point, is that our kids have had Diamond Status since birth, but they also will truly "earn" that status. My son has cruised his 80 points, and my daughter will hit 80 in Feb of 2019.

They will have "done their time" on the cruise ship, and no longer be considered a "grandfathered" diamond but what I consider a "true" diamond. There is no difference in benefits, but more of just knowing that they really have put in their time.

My wife and kid got grandfathered in; will be interesting to see if my son hits 80 points by the time he is 18 or not.

My wife and kid got grandfathered in; will be interesting to see if my son hits 80 points by the time he is 18 or not.

He will keep his Diamond status when he turns 18 however he will refpvert to his own actual points. He could be diamond with 40 points. (Or D+ if you hit D+ by the time he turns 18)

I have always been under the impression that children were not allowed in the diamond lounge during cocktail hour. From the posts I am reading it seems like children are allowed in any time?

concierge dependent, and may even be a choice made each cruise based on number of Ds on board. but you can assume they are not allowed in during cocktail hour unless accompanied by a parent. and as a courtesy to the other guests don't let them grab every single chocolate covered strawberry as soon as they are set out.

He will keep his Diamond status when he turns 18 however he will refpvert to his own actual points. He could be diamond with 40 points. (Or D+ if you hit D+ by the time he turns 18)

Yes. I was aware of this. However, for him to make the next tier if he was lagging he would have to make it on his own. A kid could be Diamond for one 3 night cruise turn 18 and then have 172 points to get to the next tier.

It was just nice to know he has made it on his own and my daughter will. Everyone has always been super nice to them. There is the super rare occasion you will get the comment how they rode in on our coattails, and I can respond that my son actually has enough points to be Diamond without us.

concierge dependent, and may even be a choice made each cruise based on number of Ds on board. but you can assume they are not allowed in during cocktail hour unless accompanied by a parent. and as a courtesy to the other guests don't let them grab every single chocolate covered strawberry as soon as they are set out.

Do they still have chocolate covered strawberries? Grandeur did not in March and it was very disappointing. They did have potstickers and some other new items though. I was devastated BY the lack of chocolate covered strawberries however. No petit fours either.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a child in the DL or CL grab all of anything put out:rolleyes: but I have seen adults do it.

On Our Seranade TA the waiter brought out a plate of cranberry/white chocolate chip cookies and one of chocolate chip. A Pinnacle guest wrapped up all but 3 of the cranberry ones and left the lounge. I thought this was funny as I’m sure all he had to do was ask and he would have his own plate of cookies delivered to his room.:')

Sherri:)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a child in the DL or CL grab all of anything put out:rolleyes: but I have seen adults do it.

On Our Seranade TA the waiter brought out a plate of cranberry/white chocolate chip cookies and one of chocolate chip. A Pinnacle guest wrapped up all but 3 of the cranberry ones and left the lounge. I thought this was funny as I’m sure all he had to do was ask and he would have his own plate of cookies delivered to his room.:')

Does it really matter that in this case the guest was a Pinnacle. Could have been any adult regardless of status.

Does it really matter that in this case the guest was a Pinnacle. Could have been any adult regardless of status.

Maybe she was trying to point out a sense of entitlement, but who knows? :rolleyes:

Yes, I think it does matter as I think a Pinnacle can get pretty much anything they ask for so not necessary for him to take majority of cookies. :')

Plus, spookwife is always critical of kids so I was trying to point out that even a Pinnacle could have poor behavior:rolleyes:

Maybe she was trying to point out a sense of entitlement, but who knows? :rolleyes:

This is not “politically correct” but we all know there is a sense of entitlement;)