No M&M Party on Freedom 6/9

Shak

I know on Princess there is no sign up for a M&M, one needs to contact the ship and arrange a get together, I hope RCCL isn't going down this path. I won't be sailing on a Royal Cruise until 2020, so not sure what will happen by then. Daughter & I are taking a cruise to Hawaii in March of 2019 but not with Royal this time.

They may be tired of the no shows. Our Ovation cruise back in April had a large number signed up but so few showed up there was enough raffle gifts for practically every couple. They put out food, non-alcohol drinks. The activities director and an assistant ran it. she jokingly made the comment (more than once) on how few people were there. It was on the first at sea day which was day two. I read a few excuses later on how early it was (9:30) but that is a thin excuse.

They may be tired of the no shows. Our Ovation cruise back in April had a large number signed up but so few showed up there was enough raffle gifts for practically every couple. They put out food, non-alcohol drinks. The activities director and an assistant ran it. she jokingly made the comment (more than once) on how few people were there. It was on the first at sea day which was day two. I read a few excuses later on how early it was (9:30) but that is a thin excuse.

If this is the case and they're trying to discourage the M&M they should be straightforward about it. I tend to believe it's just another website issue.

Maybe this is how they discourage the M&M - every 3 days they have a process that goes out and deletes the list of signups.

I'd buy that explanation. Multiple signup and dumps already on my next cruise, Serenade 9/23/18 sailing. I'll give it another shot closer to sail date, but seriously doubt RCCLs IT dept can muster the ability to make the web site work. It really shouldn't be an issue in 2018, and frankly a fully functional web site is a whole lot more useful to me than onboard internet-which seems to be the IT dept focus IMHO.

Our Liberty cruise that leaves Sunday had 59 people in late May. Last week, we had 0. I emailed the xplora address that it gives to ask questions, but no response (SURPRISE!). I'm sure we'll be in the same predicament.

The confirmed party link seems to be down as well.

I think that link hasn't been updated for almost 2 years.

If this is the case and they're trying to discourage the M&M they should be straightforward about it. I tend to believe it's just another website issue.

On my last Oasis cruise, M&M was scheduled for 8:30am on Day 2. If that isn't an intentional method of discouraging people from attending, I don't know what is.

On my last Oasis cruise, M&M was scheduled for 8:30am on Day 2. If that isn't an intentional method of discouraging people from attending, I don't know what is.
We wouldn't make 830am.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

That is the earliest I've heard. My 2013 Allure M&M was scheduled for the same time as the upper tier party. Fortunately, everyone showed up for what was my best M&M ever. The roll call went over 8000 posts in 700 days, so it was an active bunch.

I've reached out to the Concierge on Vision. According to that spreadsheet he's actually getting married at the time of my cruise!! :D

Linda

The email address should still work, no matter who is the concierge.

We had over the 25 minimum for a Cruise Critic Party and we all got the confirmation email well before our cruise. I last checked about a month before the cruise and there were 38 I believe. After boarding I did not get the invitation to the M&M Party so I asked the Diamond concierge to see why. Later that evening on day 2 I got a message that there was no party scheduled because no one signed up. I told that was not true and said the IT at Royal is having issues with M&M and she told me she would check further. Today is day 4 so we’ll see if there is any developments. I’ll let you all know.

Shak

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's been several years for me since the meet and mingle was worth the effort. They used to have an officer and the CD now your lucky if you get a CD staffer. Used to have drinks and canapé now rarely anything. Always had key chains ;-). Used to be well attended now hardly attended. I always register, but I have to remember to attend instead of planning on it.

People get aquainted on the Roll Call and would like to meet face to face.

for people who have booked private excursions with others it is a way to meet before everyone gets into a van. And as Bob wrote, its a good way to meet face to face with the people who we have been correpsonding with thru Roll Calls.

I would be setting up this among the group at agreed time and place. Not relying on the cruiseline to do it whenever they feel like

It is my opinion that both Royal and now Carnival wishes the CC M&M would just go away. Carnival makes little to no mention of one whatsoever in their Fun Times, no invitation in the cabin and holds it at a stupid time like 30 minutes before first seating on the first elegant night :o

It's been several years for me since the meet and mingle was worth the effort. They used to have an officer and the CD now your lucky if you get a CD staffer. Used to have drinks and canapé now rarely anything. Always had key chains ;-). Used to be well attended now hardly attended. I always register, but I have to remember to attend instead of planning on it.

Not to be rude but you are probably part of the problem. Since you don't care for the current format (or lack of freebies) and are most likely not showing up, why sign up? It just adds to the number of no shows and adds to the ships justifying their lack of effort on setting the M&M up.

I have been messaging the support for Royal Caribbean on the site we can't mention as we are having the same problem others have had. We got a confirmation a few months ago for our cruise later this month.

Then, someone said there were no people and it went on from there with those of us re-registering and re-registering as the numbers were always 2 or 0 etc.

I sent an email last month and was told that since the new website there were problems. I have texted at least once a week and still get no info. No one seems to know where the registrations go when we register. I asked yesterday if there will be one for our cruise as no one seems to know.

I also told them if they can't get this fixed, why not just tell us there won't be any and we wouldn't be signing up. No answer, although someone replied saying they were still working on it and had sent info to the web IT developers. To me that means, forget it and it is just another point of frustration with Royal Caribbean. I asked if there would be an answer before my cruise June 24 and the answer was "I don't know." Great, right?

I know CC has a post by a host and I did tell Royal Caribbean it was their problem and not Cruise Critic when I emailed almost a month ago. Before I retired, if I had employees that screwed up the website as Royal Caribbean's employees did, I would have fired them.

I have never seen a large corporation screw up as many things on their website as they have and no one seems to be able to get answers to even simple questions.

We are on Oasis on Sept 9, 2018, and we are having the same problem with our M & M registrations disappearing that everyone here is describing.

I hope people whose sail dates are sooner than ours will report back here to let us know what happened with their M & M. I have personally registered three times, gotten registration confirmations and confirmed party confirmations by email for two of them, but nothing for the third, which has apparently now disappeared.

Was your M & M held? Or not?

If you managed to get a M & M to actually happen despite the problems with registration, what worked for you?

If your M & M didn't happen as it should have, what did you try that didn't work so we will know not to try that.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I know we can always set up something ourselves. We may end up having to do that if the disappearing registrations problem doesn't get solved.