Michael's Club

islandchick

This thread truly confuses me. We are luxury cruisers that are trying the Infinity in September (staying in a suite). After 30+ sailings on luxury lines, we were invited to the christening of a NCL ship and were given a suite in the Haven where you need your card key to enter (suites, restaurant and lounge are within this area). The NCL experience was so much fun that it opened our minds to other non-luxury experiences.

Why in the world doesn't Michaels require a key or something to prove that you are indeed in a suite? If anyone can walk in there and steal water, drinks, etc., what is the point of having a lounge for suite guests?

The area is a Muster Station and the door can never be locked.

Correct! I'll bet that the Retreat will not be a Muster Station and will have a key entry.

The MC Concierge receives pictures of those entitled to use MC and can quickly identify passengers. Usually by the first sea day they know all the faces and names. Really quite remarkable.

Never experienced a problem taking a beverage, opened or unopened from MC on any cruise including repositioning cruises.

I also have never witnessed anyone being stopped taking a beverage out of MC. We will be on the Millennium in September for a B2B with the first leg being a re-positioning cruise which didn't offer beverage package perks (at least when we booked). We are also Zenith so have our premium beverage package, and I will be curious if I observe any changes in policy/practice.

On M and S Class Ships, Michael’s club is on the deck where the muster stations are. On edge, Michael’s will be at a higher deck and couldn’t possibly be a muster station.

Possible that the changes in S Class and M Class ships might convert MC into public space and add Retreat to the Suite Deck.

This thread truly confuses me. We are luxury cruisers that are trying the Infinity in September (staying in a suite). After 30+ sailings on luxury lines, we were invited to the christening of a NCL ship and were given a suite in the Haven where you need your card key to enter (suites, restaurant and lounge are within this area). The NCL experience was so much fun that it opened our minds to other non-luxury experiences.

Why in the world doesn't Michaels require a key or something to prove that you are indeed in a suite? If anyone can walk in there and steal water, drinks, etc., what is the point of having a lounge for suite guests?

They definitely know who is and who is not in a suite. The MC and bartender have a list of suite guests with their pictures. One of the bartenders told me they study the list and pictures the 1st day or 2 until they learn who everyone is. I have seen the MC stop people at the door that they did not recognize.

They definitely know who is and who is not in a suite. The MC and bartender have a list of suite guests with their pictures. One of the bartenders told me they study the list and pictures the 1st day or 2 until they learn who everyone is. I have seen the MC stop people at the door that they did not recognize.

This was definitely a much classier experience when they already knew who you were.

Back from our cruise. Equinox indeed does not have coolers in MC. We were never asked to provide ID in MC and they seemed to know who we were in MC and Luminae immediately. It was a nice touch. We had no problems taking drinks out but of course everyone had the drink package. Based on info from this thread I did ask the butler to empty the mini bar. He did so and filled it with water and sodas for our use, then later added beer to the mix. It was a fantastic trip.

We've never had a problem taking beverages from MC on either M or S class ships. The bar tender even gave us a bottle of wine to take back to the suite and the concierge arranged for our butler to deliver a favorite bottle to us.

Agree- we also never had a problem. Yes dishonest people might come into the club on the ships with a fridge and take items- but they aren't honest types and try to "get away" with things. So they save a few dollars- but if they are caught via the camera's and confronted won't they be embarrassed. The ship should put out the video! Also, very late at night the fridge is often locked.