Michael's Club

islandchick

My husband said the concierge is Kelly or Kelli. In additions yesterday he asked for a bottle of water and was refused. They only had Evian and since we don’t have the drink package they wouldn’t give us a bottle of water. I have to say after everything I’ve read my experience has been quite shocking.

My husband said the concierge is Kelly or Kelli. In additions yesterday he asked for a bottle of water and was refused. They only had Evian and since we don’t have the drink package they wouldn’t give us a bottle of water. I have to say after everything I’ve read my experience has been quite shocking.

You need to escalate this to a higher up, either the Suites Manager or the Hotel Director. If you are in a suite, a beverage package is not needed in MC.

You need to escalate this to a higher up, either the Suites Manager or the Hotel Director. If you are in a suite, a beverage package is not needed in MC.

Agree. Unlike anything I've experienced in MC and I've been in MC at least 25 times since the program started.

Kateg: I agree that you need to discuss what is happening with the Suite Manager. What you are reporting is definitely unlike anything we have ever experienced. While it has been sometime since we were on the Solstice, when we were (on a B2B for over 30 nights) we were able to take beverages out of Michael's. In 2017 we spent 30 nights on Infinity, 14 nights on Millennium and 34 nights on Summit -- and folks were taking beverages, both alcohol and non-alcohol, out of Michael's. So far this year we have spent 10 nights on Infinity and 21 nights on the Summit, and again folks were taking beverages out of Michael's.

Having experienced Michaels on 4 different ships both with and without coolers I will confess to being shocked. I have never had a problem or been questioned about taking drinks for DW and I back to the suite. In fact on many occasions I have been positively encouraged to take a night cap back to the room. How having a drinks package is relevant I don't know. I think this most certainly should be escalated. Perhaps it is a new MCC who is unaware of how Michael's runs?

Sent from my Archos 50 Saphir using Forums mobile app

This is ridiculous. There is so much inconsistency about taking drinks out from MC.

I have even asked one of the concierge about this matter and she told me MC is for suites guests to use and feel FREE to do so.

Now she is really getting my blood pressure HIGH.

This is ridiculous. There is so much inconsistency about taking drinks out from MC.

I have even asked one of the concierge about this matter and she told me MC is for suites guests to use and feel FREE to do so.

Now she is really getting my blood pressure HIGH.

Certainly the purpose of the MIchael’s club is not as a source of unlimited amounts of bottled water and soda to stock your minibar (or to share with friends) or to pick up a bottle to take ashore. At least I have never seen it advertised as such.

Taking a glass of wine or cocktail with you to the show or dinner seems reasonable and I find it hard to believe that it would be much of a problem.

I could see where the management of the Michael’s club might trust authorized user to be discreet and not abuse the privilege.

If a cruiser were not able to enjoy a bottle of water in the Michael’s club it would be terrible and cause for concern.

Freeloaders and abusers ALWAYS ruin it for those that follow the rules.

Really? What rules? You have paid the price for this by paying for a suite. And, by the way, the suites I've sailed in (including sky suites) have always included a beverage package. I have several times taken as many bottles of water as I could carry to stock my mini bar when the butler wasn't doing it for me. Was always asked if I had enough. Absolutely no indication that I was being a freeloader and abuser by taking this back to my suite. Have you ever sailed in a suite? If not, perhaps you should refrain from commenting.

We are just off the Silhouette and were encouraged to take whatever we wanted from the coolers either back to our cabin or out on an excursion. I don't believe the Equinox has the large self-serve glass fronted refrigerators (four or five of them if I remember correctly with a large variety of beverages, including beer, but no wine).

Agree with Linda; I have been downright encouraged to take beverages back to my suite from MC by the barstaff. For example on one occasion on Infinity I noticed they had newly stocked a hard cider I enjoy (Crispin) as I was walking out one evening. I mentioned that I was excited to have one the next day as I said goodnight to the bartender; she asked if I would like to bring some to my room. I politely declined. She insisted and I said, O.K., but just one bottle - she promptly handed me three bottles.

NHC cruiser, when were you on silhouette? I showed

My husband photos of the coolers taken by past cruisers because he didn’t believe me. They are certainly gone now. He has been going down to Michael’s Club for coffee and drinks with co-workers and he has brought me an occasional coke. One bartender gave him water day 1 and day 2 he was refused. Our suite did not “include” a drink package. Even our butler was odd about this saying “you get this bottle of water for free but I can’t bring you anymore because you don’t have the drink package” (and we had not inquired about water-he just felt the need to tell us we couldn’t have more)

We aren’t big drinkers. I’ve had one drink in 4 days and that’s plenty for me-thus why we have stopped getting packages. I refuse to go back down to MC. It was unpleasant and I felt spoken down to and treated like a freeloader (before we ever even got the the bar or asked for anything).

Ok my husband just corrected me. Did I say silhouette in my ordinal post (posting from my phone) we are on Solstice. That’s sort of important if I’m going to complain. Sorry.

One of the first times we sailed in a suite, after the inclusion of the drink package, we were hesitant to take drinks, alcoholic or non, out of MC. Why, because we heard the bartender tell a guest, the first evening, that drinks were not allowed to be removed from Michael’s. Ok, fine with us.

I was sailing, in a CS, with my best friend. The next night, we were getting ready to leave MC and go to see the show. I said to my friend that we should allow enough time to order a glass of wine. The (same) bartender, said “ladies take a glass with you”. I glanced at the concierge for confirmation that we could do that. She smiled and nodded yes. As we walked by her desk, I quietly said thank you for letting us do this. She replied, very softly, we know who has the drink package and who doesn’t.

Obviously, there is a lot of variability in how each ship, bartender and concierge handle allowing beverages to be taken out of the club. This was the only time I have heard someone be told that they could not take a drink with them. But then, I don’t pay a lot of attention and have never sailed in a suite w/o all the perks.

For those of you who have done repo cruises where the drink packages are not included, what was the policy in Michael’s?

One of the first times we sailed in a suite, after the inclusion of the drink package, we were hesitant to take drinks, alcoholic or non, out of MC. Why, because we heard the bartender tell a guest, the first evening, that drinks were not allowed to be removed from Michael’s. Ok, fine with us.

I was sailing, in a CS, with my best friend. The next night, we were getting ready to leave MC and go to see the show. I said to my friend that we should allow enough time to order a glass of wine. The (same) bartender, said “ladies take a glass with you”. I glanced at the concierge for confirmation that we could do that. She smiled and nodded yes. As we walked by her desk, I quietly said thank you for letting us do this. She replied, very softly, we know who has the drink package and who doesn’t.

Obviously, there is a lot of variability in how each ship, bartender and concierge handle allowing beverages to be taken out of the club. This was the only time I have heard someone be told that they could not take a drink with them. But then, I don’t pay a lot of attention and have never sailed in a suite w/o all the perks.

For those of you who have done repo cruises where the drink packages are not included, what was the policy in Michael’s?

Never experienced a problem taking a beverage, opened or unopened from MC on any cruise including repositioning cruises.

Never experienced a problem taking a beverage, opened or unopened from MC on any cruise including repositioning cruises.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are Zenith.

Perhaps they have become more restrictive towards those without a beverage package.

(which if true, would be a shame)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are Zenith.

Perhaps they have become more restrictive towards those without a beverage package.

(which if true, would be a shame)

I am, but I've never seen anyone refused a take out Zenith or not. One MC Concierge told me about 2 years ago that the "official" policy was no drinks could be removed; however she added, that MC is not the Elite Hour and no one would stop a guest from taking a drink with them. There have been some recent changes that may not be passenger friendly, perhaps the official policy is now being enforced. It was not enforced on my July Summit cruise. Will find out if its enforced on my Infinity cruises in September.

The one time we sailed where people were being informed of the policy of not removing alcohol from MC was Nov of 2016 where Jolie was the MC where we were in a S1 suite with all 4 perks. We sailed twice in 2017 where Jolie was also the MC and never heard a mention of not removing bevs. In fact we met some lovely ladies who said they didn't have a bev package and would take glasses of wine to dinner nightly. I realize many people haven't experienced this but we did this one time, BUT it didn't impact our cruise in the least.

We were staying in a suite on the Equinox in April 2018 and had friends with us who were staying in a CC room. One evening we had plans for the four of us to dine in Muranos and our MC bartender setup a table for our group in the Ensemble Lounge (just outside from MC). He brought our drinks (for DH and me) directly to the Ensemble Lounge where we were seated with our friends and provided hors d'oeuvres for all of us. We were delighted by the special service which was provided and tipped our bartender accordingly.