Did a drive by today!

So my son and I were out picking something up near Newark Airport today, and said to him, hey, lets take a little ride...He says where? I pop it into the GPS, and it was only 21 minutes away and drove down to Cape Liberty to show him the Adventure of the Seas that we're going to be boarding in 2 weeks from today! Traffic getting to the port was minimal, but the lineup of cars to get near the cruise ship and towards the terminal got a little backed up.

Anyone driving to Cape Liberty, beware that the GPS (at least Google Maps) didn't account for the new off ramps on the NJ Turnpike to 440. FOLLOW THE SIGNS! VERY VERY Confusing!!!!!

Can't wait to board her 2 weeks from now!

I'm old fashion, GPS is OK, but still map out trips before heading out. At least don't hear many stories anymore of people driving the wrong way, into the Dessert or into a lake.. About 6yrs ago flew out to PU my kids who were visiting their Mom during Summer Break. She was using TomTom/GPS to find an address that our daughter was at, this in her town so she knew her way around main roads. We went in 2 mile circle 3 times as GPS instructed. After first one I tried to explain what was happening and suggested she take one different turn to reset directions. She didn't until after the 3rd circle...

I am driving to CL end of next month. According to Google Maps, I should:

Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 14A toward Bayonne

Toll road

0.3 mi

Take Chosin Few Way to Goldsborough Dr in Bayonne

Is that accurate or should I just start following the signs once I get close?

I am driving to CL end of next month. According to Google Maps, I should:

Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 14A toward Bayonne

Toll road

0.3 mi

Take Chosin Few Way to Goldsborough Dr in Bayonne

Is that accurate or should I just start following the signs once I get close?

Its NOT that easy, unfortunately....Take Rt 78E/NJ Tpke to exit 14-14C, exit 14A, stay in the middle to left, go up and around a new overpass they just built and then you need to make a quick right hand exit from the left lane or something like that, then you go towards 440 then yes, left on Goldsborough Dr...Its Definitely more confusing than it seems, just be careful and follow signs for Cruise Ship Terminal...

Summer 2008, we are arriving in Lucerne Switzerland near the end of a trip where I had bought the lovely wife a car we picked up in Sindelfingan, Germany a couple of weeks prior. The Magellan GPS was trying to route us to a hotel just on the other side of the river. Lucerne has a famous Wooden Bridge that leads across it feeding into the lake.... Needless to say the GPS was trying to direct me to drive across the bridge. We finally got to our hotel, but as great as GPS is.... yikes. That said, reading a map when you are driving and the co-pilot is just ok on maps is awful. Give me a GPS to drive me at full speed into a lake anytime.

JC

So do they finally have the new exit open? If so you should be exiting onto Chosin Few Way which takes you right to Goldsborough Dr and not even touch 440 South on the way to the port. But construction has been going on for 5 years so who knows!!!

I recommend using WAZE. It’s an interactive app, and other users update it in real time, so you are much more likely to get up-to-the-minute information on road/lane closures, traffic tie-ups, etc.

I recommend using WAZE. It’s an interactive app, and other users update it in real time, so you are much more likely to get up-to-the-minute information on road/lane closures, traffic tie-ups, etc.

Google owns Waze. I did use Google Maps because Waze freezes in my car sometimes and always count on Google Maps to get me where I wanna go. Luckily, I know the area somewhat, since I live a half hour away and used to travel near there for work, but yeah, after the LONG awaited construction to finish, it is all shiny and new, but still confusing as all hell! By the way, there is a hot dog lady on Goldsborough, $2 dirty water dogs, not a bad snack before you get on the ship!!!