When Do You Do This...

geocruiser

Oh yes! Back then for a 10 night cruise there would be 3 formal nights, 3 semi-formal and the remainder smart casual. I packed 3 suitcases and a garment bag. One suitcase was just for shoes, purses and extra coat hangers! It was such a pain doing the packing, while working, and trying to get my place in order, I often felt all the work wasn't worth it. But as soon as I'd get on the plane I was over it.

And do you remember the nice luggage tags that were included? And the nice wallet they gave you for your tickets and paperwork?

Always a fresh outfit for each evening requiring multiple suitcases, garment bags, etc.

Still miss the excitement of receiving the package of documents. Taking our first QM2 in a few weeks and although you fill out the information online and get your ticket electronically, they still send a mailing with information and luggage tags. Was so fun to get that. Now they've given us a cabin upgrade so I still need to print luggage tags.

Always a fresh outfit for each evening requiring multiple suitcases, garment bags, etc.

Still miss the excitement of receiving the package of documents. Taking our first QM2 in a few weeks and although you fill out the information online and get your ticket electronically, they still send a mailing with information and luggage tags. Was so fun to get that. Now they've given us a cabin upgrade so I still need to print luggage tags.

Congrats on the upgrade, and yes, now the excitement is when you can print your boarding pass and luggage tags!

I'm perennially in "Incomplete" status because my credit card info does not get entered until about a week out.

Exactly! I don't trust the Princess website to keep my CC info safe. Actually, I don't trust ANY website to keep it safe.

Having everything filled out makes me feel like I’ve done something to make the cruise come quicker.

I do find it a little spooky when my confirmation comes and it shows my age on sailing date. I try not to think about being a year older than I am!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having everything filled out makes me feel like I’ve done something to make the cruise come quicker.

I do find it a little spooky when my confirmation comes and it shows my age on sailing date. I try not to think about being a year older than I am!

I feel the same about my age showing up. My goal is to have more Princess cruises than my age. I am working on this!

I feel like a cruise nut! This afternoon I just got off the phone with my TA (she just put the deposit on our Jan cruise) and immediately I went to Princess's web site, signed in and fill out all the pre-cruise forms.

I could not even wait a minute. No matter how many cruises I take, I have to do this, straight away.

It is part of the fun for me. It never gets old.

Do you do the same thing? Or am I just too cruise happy?

Not really but you are just excited.

I always fill out the info right away, then start watching the countdown until I can print the boarding pass and luggage tags!

That's what I do! I print our boarding passes as soon as I can and put them on the refrigerator so I can see them every day. The ones for our fall TA on the Royal have been up there for a week or two now.

Oh yes! Back then for a 10 night cruise there would be 3 formal nights, 3 semi-formal and the remainder smart casual. I packed 3 suitcases and a garment bag. One suitcase was just for shoes, purses and extra coat hangers! It was such a pain doing the packing, while working, and trying to get my place in order, I often felt all the work wasn't worth it. But as soon as I'd get on the plane I was over it.

And do you remember the nice luggage tags that were included? And the nice wallet they gave you for your tickets and paperwork?

We still use the wallets from our cruises in the 1990's for our boarding passes and passports.

And yes, I will fill out the online stuff immediately. I'll usually wait a while before announcing ourselves on the Roll Call, though...

Wish I could get DH to do that. I fill out both or ours.

He just shows up when it's time to get on the ship, I do the rest.

Wouldn't have it any other way. I'm the only one that can be trusted to get it right. :D:D
I also don't trust DH to do ANYTHING paperworky. And he doesn't trust me with anything mechanical, so it all works out!

We still use the wallets from our cruises in the 1990's for our boarding passes and passports.

And yes, I will fill out the online stuff immediately. I'll usually wait a while before announcing ourselves on the Roll Call, though...

That's a good idea, I'll look for one for my next cruise! I put all of my boarding passes, hotel confirms, cruise boarding pass, etc. in a ziplock in the order of which I need them, which totally drives my kids insane. The comments are "Mom, don't you know that's what your I-Phone is for!!!".

That's a good idea, I'll look for one for my next cruise! I put all of my boarding passes, hotel confirms, cruise boarding pass, etc. in a ziplock in the order of which I need them, which totally drives my kids insane. The comments are "Mom, don't you know that's what your I-Phone is for!!!".

I never thought I was OCD, but I have a nice folder from Staples with sleeves and pockets. Hotel or condo confos go first, any Groupons or other restaurant coupons/discounts next. Day of sailing comes next, parking confirmation, then Sail Pass and passports. Then comes printouts of OBCs, specialty restaurants, then shore excursions, and finally hotel or condo for post cruise because it’s too depressing to go right home.

On my iPhone in a folder are duplicates except for passports, and color photos of the first page are there.

So I have one foot mid century and one in the 21st.

I never thought I was OCD, but I have a nice folder from Staples with sleeves and pockets. Hotel or condo confos go first, any Groupons or other restaurant coupons/discounts next. Day of sailing comes next, parking confirmation, then Sail Pass and passports. Then comes printouts of OBCs, specialty restaurants, then shore excursions, and finally hotel or condo for post cruise because it’s too depressing to go right home.

On my iPhone in a folder are duplicates except for passports, and color photos of the first page are there.

So I have one foot mid century and one in the 21st.

That's another good idea! I don't know if you're male or female, but trying to dig through your purse, where everything you want handy, seems to be at the bottom is a real pain.

I just found a few of the wallets and was so surprised to see what was still there, a cruise card wallet which I can reuse, plenty of space for airline and cruise boarding passes, and 3 unused Sky Princess luggage tags!! So excited to find those, I will use them on my Sky Carribean cruise in 2020! Or maybe I should keep them as a reminder of the original Sky.

I just found a few of the wallets and was so surprised to see what was still there, a cruise card wallet which I can reuse, plenty of space for airline and cruise boarding passes, and was so excited to find 3 unused Sky Princess luggage tags!! So excited to find those, I will use them on my Sky Carribean cruise in 2020! Or maybe I should keep them as a reminder of the original Sky.

That's another good idea! I don't know if you're male or female, but trying to dig through your purse, where everything you want handy, seems to be at the bottom is a real pain.

I’m a Jacksonville Jaguars fan and a great grandmother. I can lose things in my purse the second they go in!

I put a small purse, my folder with everything in it, my Kindle, iPhone, a couple of instant chargers and some hard candies and Kleenex into a Sportsac tote from eBags. I clip it to my carryon. Not heavy and the folder is right there.

In my purse are some Bonine tablets because I chew my second one right before we sail.

I just found a few of the wallets and was so surprised to see what was still there, a cruise card wallet which I can reuse, plenty of space for airline and cruise boarding passes, and 3 unused Sky Princess luggage tags!! So excited to find those, I will use them on my Sky Carribean cruise in 2020! Or maybe I should keep them as a reminder of the original Sky.

My first Alaska Cruise was on Sky Princess. It was a 12 day because she had come through the Canal and was on her way to Asia. Spring of ‘96.

My first Alaska Cruise was on Sky Princess. It was a 12 day because she had come through the Canal and was on her way to Asia. Spring of ‘96.

My first cruise was on FairSky with Sitmar and sailed on the Sky a few times. When Sitmar sold to Princess and she became the Princess Sky I had a few cruises on her as well. The good old days!

My first cruise was on FairSky with Sitmar and sailed on the Sky a few times. When Sitmar sold to Princess and she became the Princess Sky I had a few cruises on her as well. The good old days!

Didn’t have to decide between oceanview and balcony!

Or spending money for a specialty restaurant when you already paid for dinner in the dining room.

I also don't trust DH to do ANYTHING paperworky. And he doesn't trust me with anything mechanical, so it all works out!

Same here...we seem to have a lot in common [emoji23]🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk