Harmony SPECIALITY DINNING Jamies VS Giovannis?????

We were on HOS last week and ate at Jaimi's. We loved it! The Calamari was fabulous, and so was the Lamb and Truffle Tagliettelle. Next time I plan on going twice, it was that good.
Did they still have those very uncomfortable metal chairs in the outside eating area?

As you can see, I borrowed these from Gambee's cruise website. These are not the most recent menus. You can see that there is no octopus. I don't recall ever seeing octopus at Giovanni's Table. But that could be my memory. ;)

Royal-Caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-food-menus-58.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-food-menus-59.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-food-menus-60.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-food-menus-61.jpg

GAMBEE I have not read a review from him in a while , I have to go search for his review...

In addition, no RC ship has both. They are Italian restaurants; there is one or the other.

Portofino was RC's original Italian restaurant, when they first began to have specialty restaurants on the ships, back in 1999.

Oh Ok.... Thank you....

"Better" is subjective. Don't rule out Jamie's. I think that you will like all three of these.
We didn't fancy the menu or the horrible uncomfortable metal seats in the outside seating area of Jamie's on Harmony or Allure.

Allure has Giovannis not Jamie’s.
It was 2015 in Europe on Allure and we did 150 CP and Chips Grill only and it wasn't until Freedom in 2017 we first did Giovanni's and it instantly became our favourite.

The DL was where they put Wonderland on Harmony.

2016 Harmony maiden season we were on 3 times and Jamie's on there.

It was 2015 in Europe on Allure and we did 150 CP and Chips Grill only and it wasn't until Freedom in 2017 we first did Giovanni's and it instantly became our favourite.

The DL was where they put Wonderland on Harmony.

2016 Harmony maiden season we were on 3 times and Jamie's on there.

Why the history. You mentioned the uncomfortable seating at Jamie’s on Harmony and Allure and I simply mentioned that there has never been a Jamie’s on the Allure.

Why the history. You mentioned the uncomfortable seating at Jamie’s on Harmony and Allure and I simply mentioned that there has never been a Jamie’s on the Allure.
I knew Jamie's was on Harmony in 2016 because the small DL meant we sat in Central Park every night during cocktail hours and wasn't sure but thought it was on Allure in 2015 too but until Giovanni's on Freedom in 2017 we never did the Italian restaurants like Portofino,Jamie's so never really took much notice.

Thanks for correcting me again!!.

We had the calamari on Harmony in May. It was some of the best calamari I have ever had, and I had eaten an ocean full of calamari

We were on HOS last week and ate at Jaimi's. We loved it! The Calamari was fabulous, and so was the Lamb and Truffle Tagliettelle. Next time I plan on going twice, it was that good.

As you can see, I borrowed these from Gambee's cruise website. These are not the most recent menus. You can see that there is no octopus. I don't recall ever seeing octopus at Giovanni's Table. But that could be my memory. ;)

Royal-Caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-food-menus-58.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-food-menus-59.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-food-menus-60.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-food-menus-61.jpg

This is the old menu, and it was much better than the current menu. The new menu is available on the RCCL website under "the experience" tab. IMO, the old Gio's menu was a step or two down from Portofino, and the new Gio's menu is a step or two down from the old menu. The Jamie's menu is about as Italian as Tiger Woods. There is no way that menu would ever be offered in a true Italian restaurant, but I suppose it would pass for Italian to a hack chef like Jamie Oliver.:eek:

but I suppose it would pass for Italian to a hack chef like Jamie Oliver.:eek:

Did you just really call someone with a net worth of 400 million dollars a hack? LOL! uhhhh, OK! :rolleyes:

Did you just really call someone with a net worth of 400 million dollars a hack? LOL! uhhhh, OK! :rolleyes:

Yep, and I stand by it. I've watched him cook, I've tasted his creations, and IMO he's a hack and a poser. For example, no self-respecting chef would ever put a red sauce on Risotto, or consider the menu he prepared for RCL as specialty Italian cuisine - maybe it's what a brit who made his money passing off mediocre creations as high-end cuisine on the Food Network thinks is Italian, but my Sicilian mother would roll over in her grave if she was served any of that c#$p.

Yep, and I stand by it. I've watched him cook, I've tasted his creations, and IMO he's a hack and a poser. For example, no self-respecting chef would ever put a red sauce on Risotto, or consider the menu he prepared for RCL as specialty Italian cuisine - maybe it's what a brit who made his money passing off mediocre creations as high-end cuisine on the Food Network thinks is Italian, but my Sicilian mother would roll over in her grave if she was served any of that c#$p.
Jamie's has closed up to 30 restaurants in the UK and the nearest Jamie's to us in Newcastle my niece said wasn't very nice.

Have you ever tried to recreate his 15 minute meals? Most people have to take 20-30 minutes to create them.

Jamie's has closed up to 30 restaurants in the UK and the nearest Jamie's to us in Newcastle my niece said wasn't very nice.

Not surprised by that. I've had nothing from his kitchens that was worth going back for.

Have you ever tried to recreate his 15 minute meals? Most people have to take 20-30 minutes to create them.

Doing a "15-minute" meal requires a lot of prep work that was never shown on camera. I'm doing an alder smoked salt seared salmon filet with saute'd zucchini noodles tonight for my wife, and the actual cooking time is only about 8 minutes for the salmon and 7 minutes for the zucchini, but the prep for getting to that 15-minute meal is about another 20-30 minutes.