Coastal Kitchen on Harmony (should I be frustrated or not ?)

I have never seen a posting about Pinnacle Guests not getting into CK.

I'm guessing because more Pinnacle guests have an even higher sense of entitlement and would pitch such a fit that the staff would let them in just to shut them up.

1. The other passengers were kids.... we should be able to eat together - no ? I understand that that is what the MDR is for, however its not like I was asking for non-related adults to join us.

If it's important for you for your kids to eat with you, book them in a JS also. Or eat in the MDR with them. If you went to a ballgame and bought club seats for yourselves and bleacher seats for your kids, would you expect the club staff to let them into the club because, "hey, they are our kids, they should be able to come in with us."?

Thanks to everyone for your insight... As the OP it is always interesting to see how these questions bring out so many strong feelings (both ways)...

Some clarification for some who have posted.

1. My mention of Diamond status was only because I wanted to point out this was not my 1st cruise.
  2. The four of us are a family, we just choose to book 2 cabins... As pointed out it actually costs MORE this way than booking 4 Pax in the same room.
  3. The other passengers were kids.... we should be able to eat together - no ? I understand that that is what the MDR is for, however its not like I was asking for non-related adults to join us. This example could certainly be used about the posts at Labadee.... Can the kids not share the cabanas because they are in a Central Park room ?? I don't believe that even the pundit(s) would say the kids should be allow to join the parents.
  4. Last but not least, if the Mgr would have made a suggestion such as "right now we're full - check back later" perhaps it would have allowed for the situation to evolve to a win - win for all; however it was the immediate determinate remark that really set me back (and what prompted this post in the 1st place).

I think that perhaps based on the number of suite guests, which is usually pretty stable unless there are a lot of suites booked with more then 2 people, PLUS the number of pinnacle guests - which is a number that can fluctuate a great deal, the Costal Kitchen manager made a decision to close the bookings for guests in Junior Suites.

Also while your 18 year old may be YOUR kid, he is not a kid in the eyes of RCI. He is an adult.

I pretty much said that in post #40.

Everybody needs reservations for dinner. Well, maybe Star doesn't. I've seen Genies get seats at Comedy Club without a reservation.

So who gets the reservations for Coastal Kitchen?

The newer ships seem to be able to book via cruise planner for GS and above.

I guess the full suites could request them through the concierge in the week before boarding.

People in the know could email the CK manager the day before the cruise starts. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Agree...that's how I made my reservations for CK...through the SL concierge when she emailed me.

so they should have just put four in a cabin versus two cabins then? he was only looking for dinner for two... crumbs. find another line OP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm confused, it sounded like he wanted dinner for 4, not for two. I'm just saying they should have booked the cabin or cabins that provide the amenities they want, not complain their way to get them. I'm not booked in a suite, I have no expectation of receiving any suite benefits and I'm not asking either. If I wanted them I would have paid for them.

New to me - from the page posted above, it appears that Pinnacle is space available also! Last time I checked the benefits of booking a JS on specific ships, CK was listed for dinner. No mention of space limitations.

Ha Ha - Pinnacle restrictions come into place just as I near Pinnacle status!

Last year on a B2B Oasis ( just in a JS) , we were able to dine in CK every evening the first week. In fact the CK Maître D asked us to give up our dining room table for the week. We gladly did so. Second week we were warned that many Pinnacle members were coming on board and that we likely would not be seated in CK. As it turned out we "dined around the ship" and only asked for CK seating on a few nights and were accommodated.

Heading back on Oasis B2B in a few weeks ( also in a JS, but not Pinnacle yet ) and we'll see what happens. We definitely DON'T want to dine in CK every night, but hope to have an opportunity to dine there a few nights each week.

M

now i'm confused, it sounded like he wanted dinner for 4, not for two. I'm just saying they should have booked the cabin or cabins that provide the amenities they want, not complain their way to get them. I'm not booked in a suite, i have no expectation of receiving any suite benefits and i'm not asking either. If i wanted them i would have paid for them.

+1. ^

New to me - from the page posted above, it appears that Pinnacle is space available also! Last time I checked the benefits of booking a JS on specific ships, CK was listed for dinner. No mention of space limitations.

Ha Ha - Pinnacle restrictions come into place just as I near Pinnacle status!

Last year on a B2B Oasis ( just in a JS) , we were able to dine in CK every evening the first week. In fact the CK Maître D asked us to give up our dining room table for the week. We gladly did so. Second week we were warned that many Pinnacle members were coming on board and that we likely would not be seated in CK. As it turned out we "dined around the ship" and only asked for CK seating on a few nights and were accommodated.

Heading back on Oasis B2B in a few weeks ( also in a JS, but not Pinnacle yet ) and we'll see what happens. We definitely DON'T want to dine in CK every night, but hope to have an opportunity to dine there a few nights each week.

M

We're in a GS and have room. Want to join us? :-)

Hi everyone,

Am I over reacting to her response or should I have the right to be disappointed with Royal?? -

BTW We are all Diamond members, and have been allowed to dine @ Coastal on other ships when booking the same format as described above (Anthem just last year)... Interested in the communities thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

yes you are overreacting. lots of people are larger families spread out over various cabins categories. suite privileges should only be for this peopel BOOKED into the suite

the fact that other ships have permitted it in the past does not mean EVERY ship has to accommodate you. especially since JS are Space A for dinner in the first place.

We're in a GS and have room. Want to join us? :-)

Thanks Tyman, Maybe we can get that worked out. We have a friend joining us the second week, so we'll see what happens. We can communicate via the M&M page. I'll leave my cabin # on the M& M page.

Marci

Thanks Tyman, Maybe we can get that worked out. We have a friend joining us the second week, so we'll see what happens. We can communicate via the M&M page. I'll leave my cabin # on the M& M page.

Marci

I put info on our roll call page....

yes you are overreacting. lots of people are larger families spread out over various cabins categories. suite privileges should only be for this peopel BOOKED into the suite

the fact that other ships have permitted it in the past does not mean EVERY ship has to accommodate you. especially since JS are Space A for dinner in the first place.

Totally agree, if you want suite perks book a suite

I'm guessing because more Pinnacle guests have an even higher sense of entitlement and would pitch such a fit that the staff would let them in just to shut them up.

I was only reading the responses, not planning on responding to any, but I cannot let this one go. We are NOT Pinnacle, might be someday if we’re lucky, but really enjoy meeting Pinnacles when onboard. In 15 years of cruising I’ve only met one couple who seemed a bit full of themselves. The rest are lovely people who know how to take the ups & downs of cruising.

If it's important for you for your kids to eat with you, book them in a JS also. Or eat in the MDR with them. If you went to a ballgame and bought club seats for yourselves and bleacher seats for your kids, would you expect the club staff to let them into the club because, "hey, they are our kids, they should be able to come in with us."?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ah...Bill. You are so nice as usual. :)

Happy Birthday Cruise to Tyler!! :cool: Enjoy!!

I'm sure you would do the same Pat for those in a JS. :-) I'll let Tyler know you said hi and enjoy. We're excited again to be on the Oasis.....just an FYI, we'll be taking the Oasis around Spain/Italy for Christine & my 25th next Sept. How the heck did she put up with me that long? lol!

I'm sure you would do the same Pat for those in a JS. :-) I'll let Tyler know you said hi and enjoy. We're excited again to be on the Oasis.....just an FYI, we'll be taking the Oasis around Spain/Italy for Christine & my 25th next Sept. How the heck did she put up with me that long? lol!

Nice!! Happy anniversary in advance!! :hearteyes:

We are trying to time our 25th to happen when we turn the big "P".

Ahh..you and Bucky are the same...funny, cute, and adorable. That's why we put up with you guys. Never a dull moment with you two! :cool:

Nice!! Happy anniversary in advance!! :hearteyes:

We are trying to time our 25th to happen when we turn the big "P".

Ahh..you and Bucky are the same...funny, cute, and adorable. That's why we put up with you guys. Never a dull moment with you two! :cool:

I know we're both cute, but adorable? You know what? You're right, we are! Ha!

LOL!! Just read this to Bucky...he is still laughing!! :D:p:cool:

Here's hoping we can cruise with you guys again! Also, John & Sandy. I think you have my email, keep me updated please.....hugs to Bucky!

Here's hoping we can cruise with you guys again! Also, John & Sandy. I think you have my email, keep me updated please.....hugs to Bucky!

Bucky said "Hi Bill" and hugs back at 'cha! :cool:

Yes, want to sail with you again also. We are with John and Sandy on 12/2/18 and also on 1/20/19. We are on again 2/24/19, but I don't think John and Sandy are on that week...though it would be strange for them not to be...since they practically live on Oasis. ;)