I will NEVER prebook pop up Sel de Mer again EVER - Heads up to 4 & 5* Mariners.

kazu

(y)(y)(y) Very good Post - always refreshing to see Posts that acknowledge good service. Thanks. (y)(y)(y)

Good service would be not having to call and beg for something they should be doing automatically as they promise in their literature. This is definitely not an example of good client-oriented service.

It worked! And the fresh catch of the day was excellent - I took photos of some courses, but the black cod (picked up that day in Sitka) looked so good I ate it before remembering! I should have done the "empty plate" photo like you did, Kazu!

Glad to hear it Ann :).

And sounds delish. Did you prebook or wait until you got on board if you don't mind me asking?

Just an update on the Oosterdam and pre-booking the Sel de Mer. Because of this thread, I knew to watch for the discount. Near the end of the cruise I watched for the credit but it didn’t show up so I called guest services. There was no need to wait in the line at the desk, they handled everything over the phone (and picked up after the first ring). They verified that I had pre-booked the Sel de Mer and that we had arrived for our reservation. They were great! They contacted the Mariner’s Society for me, verified that the credit should have been applied, and told me that accounting would correct the error overnight. And true to their word, the credit showed up on my statement the next day. So even though I needed to follow up, they took care of the issue very quickly with no argument. So I would still pre-book specialty restaurants because we enjoy the experience. And the pop up Sel de Mer was outstanding!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Excellent. Thank you for sharing with us.

Glad to hear it Ann :).

And sounds delish. Did you prebook or wait until you got on board if you don't mind me asking?

We went to the Pinnacle right away when we got on board to do all our dinner bookings. For the Canaletto, we booked on the day, when we checked the dinner menu. We really liked the Canaletto on Zaandam, and the updates to the menu (a daily special).

We went to the Pinnacle right away when we got on board to do all our dinner bookings. For the Canaletto, we booked on the day, when we checked the dinner menu. We really liked the Canaletto on Zaandam, and the updates to the menu (a daily special).

Thanks so much :)

Good service would be not having to call and beg for something they should be doing automatically as they promise in their literature. This is definitely not an example of good client-oriented service.

I’m sorry, but where in my post did you interpret I had to “beg” for the discount?? I saw it as a simple oversight and simply pointed it out to them to which they immediately took action. So yes, I see it as an example of excellent customer service. I don’t criticize a company for making a mistake, goodness knows we all make them. But I do have high expectations that mistakes will be corrected in a timely manner without an argument, which is exactly what happened in my case.

I’m sorry, but where in my post did you interpret I had to “beg” for the discount?? I saw it as a simple oversight and simply pointed it out to them to which they immediately took action. So yes, I see it as an example of excellent customer service. I don’t criticize a company for making a mistake, goodness knows we all make them. But I do have high expectations that mistakes will be corrected in a timely manner without an argument, which is exactly what happened in my case.

(y)(y)(y) Spot on, MajMom96! Pity that some folks just can't see the forest for the trees ... guess they're the ones who've never made a mistake! :rolleyes:

(y)(y)(y) Spot on, MajMom96! Pity that some folks just can't see the forest for the trees ... guess they're the ones who've never made a mistake! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your comments A. It is sad that some people are so angry that they look for negative intent in anything that happens to them. I like to give people (and companies) the benefit of the doubt that they just made an honest mistake, and did not Intend to impact me in any way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your comments A. It is sad that some people are so angry that they look for negative intent in anything that happens to them. I like to give people (and companies) the benefit of the doubt that they just made an honest mistake, and did not Intend to impact me in any way.

And thank you for being so upbeat and positive. (y)(y)(y)

We were also on the Zaandam starting August 27th and I pre-booked the Sel De Mer as soon as it was available on the HAL site. Our 50% credit showed up on on our account on the first day. They did move the reservation from the original date to the 7th of September, which I was not thrilled about, but worked out ok.

We were also on the Zaandam starting August 27th and I pre-booked the Sel De Mer as soon as it was available on the HAL site. Our 50% credit showed up on on our account on the first day. They did move the reservation from the original date to the 7th of September, which I was not thrilled about, but worked out ok.

Good to hear :). Thanks for reporting :D

Kazu,

I just read the thread, I didn’t see if you ever got the discount for all of your dinners or did you just get the one $49.00 refund discount? It is on principle.

I received one $49 reimbursement from HAL (which is 2 dinners). So the other 4 were not reimbursed but wait...

There will be something waiting for me when I board on my next cruise to atone for both the error and the problem.

More importantly, I think by reaching out, we have solved the problem for a whole slew of Mariners in the future.

I was quite impressed by the reply (and no, I didn't write Guest Services after they failed to reimburse properly nor Orlando) and it certainly was NOT a form letter ;). Kazu can be persistent and goes to where the problem gets addressed ;)

I'm happy it's been resolved (the reports of loyalty refunds appearing are very reassuring) and I am confident I will be treated fairly.

I received one $49 reimbursement from HAL (which is 2 dinners). So the other 4 were not reimbursed but wait...

There will be something waiting for me when I board on my next cruise to atone for both the error and the problem.

More importantly, I think by reaching out, we have solved the problem for a whole slew of Mariners in the future.

I was quite impressed by the reply (and no, I didn't write Guest Services after they failed to reimburse properly nor Orlando) and it certainly was NOT a form letter ;). Kazu can be persistent and goes to where the problem gets addressed ;)

I'm happy it's been resolved (the reports of loyalty refunds appearing are very reassuring) and I am confident I will be treated fairly.

Nice to hear that it has all been rectified.

Nice to hear that it has all been rectified.

(yn) crossed as I have prebooked it again and this time for several of us so we can make sure we have the same time. We are all 4 and 5* Mariners but it's easier doing that than trying to link a bunch of reservations.

Have to say it was a nice meal, truly enjoyable and the PG did a great job, so we'll see next year. I'll be watching for the loyalty discount thing and if it's not there, I'll have my email from this year. ;)

I have a feeling all is good now. So kazu is a happy camper :)

That's good news, kazu, and well done by both you and HAL.