Club class rooms

MarshDwellers

Are Club Class rooms given priority to be ready before 1:00 PM?

Generally all room classes are given priority to be ready before 1:00 PM. :D

Seriously, I know there have been reports of rooms not being available until 1:00, however in our 15 Princess cruises we have, at the very least, been able to drop off our carryons in the closet area of the cabin. In most instances the rooms have been ready when we board (usually around 12:00 or earlier).

The only blanket exception might be if there were delays due to things like getting into port late, major cleaning due to a noro outbreak or some customs delay.

When we've been told rooms were not ready on boarding, we were always told they'd be ready by 1:00. I've never been told that any rooms received priority over any others.

In reality, when we were told the room would be ready by 1, it was actually ready about noon when we boarded.

On our last cruise on CB they said the cabins were probably not ready yet. We went up to find ours and drop our carry on bags and found the room ready to go. The steward walked by and greeted us and confirmed it the room was ready.

Last week, on the Caribbean Princess, the hallways to the cabins were closed off and not opened until 1pm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same on the Ruby Princess on the June 30th cruise out of Seattle and it didn't make a difference what type of cabin you were in. If you opened the hall door an alarm went off (ask my DH how he knows that :D). At 1 on the dot they made an announcement that rooms were ready. We boarded around 11:30 when boarding was in full swing, went and had a drink on the Lido deck and then had lunch in the MDR. That worked out but I still prefer to drop our luggage off immediately upon boarding.

On our last cruise on CB they said the cabins were probably not ready yet. We went up to find ours and drop our carry on bags and found the room ready to go. The steward walked by and greeted us and confirmed it the room was ready.

Same with us in January ....

Are Club Class rooms given priority to be ready before 1:00 PM?

Most of the CC rooms are serviced by 1 or at most 2 stewards if they are on the Dolphin deck. Each Steward is assigned X number of rooms for a cruise and he has to also turn those over on Embarkation days with no extra help.

As for the 1PM, we saw this on the Ruby in June when we got on the ship by 10:30 or so. Same for other sailing when we were transferred early from a hotel, hallways were closed. We did not try and put carry-ons in the rooms so can't answer putting those items in the rooms before all rooms are released.

I see few advantages to club class except to announce you are in club class

Mid ship locations and a wonderful dining experience is what we have found as the advantages - the extra entrees at dinner were remarkable

I see few advantages to club class except to announce you are in club class

We were lucky to be in a window suite on our last cruise which included club class dining. The dining was the best experience we've had on a ship for many years. The service was excellent and the food quality of the "special" items was never a disappointment. It was a lot more than the "bragging rights" of "I'm in Club Class." It resembled a return to the dining experience of 15-20 years ago. We had a guest with us who was a first time cruiser. Her comment was that she never expected the dining to be the high point of the cruise.

We were lucky to be in a window suite on our last cruise which included club class dining. The dining was the best experience we've had on a ship for many years. The service was excellent and the food quality of the "special" items was never a disappointment. It was a lot more than the "bragging rights" of "I'm in Club Class." It resembled a return to the dining experience of 15-20 years ago. We had a guest with us who was a first time cruiser. Her comment was that she never expected the dining to be the high point of the cruise.

Agree 100% with Moki's Mommy. Love CC staterooms for their location and the dining. Unless the price difference between regular mini and CC mini is ridiculous, I will go CC all the time. Depending on the cruise, when all is said and done and close to sailing, my CC mini has almost always been the same cost or less than a premier deluxe balcony sometimes!

Pooh

as previously stated...with club class dining being introduced... Princess has all but admitted that the rest of the mdr is nothing special at all including food and service...

beyond the velvet rope...and gray tablecloths, indeed...

maybe soon, formal night will just apply to CC dining, since it is special and all that...:rolleyes:

Most of the CC rooms are serviced by 1 or at most 2 stewards if they are on the Dolphin deck. Each Steward is assigned X number of rooms for a cruise and he has to also turn those over on Embarkation days with no extra help.

As for the 1PM, we saw this on the Ruby in June when we got on the ship by 10:30 or so. Same for other sailing when we were transferred early from a hotel, hallways were closed. We did not try and put carry-ons in the rooms so can't answer putting those items in the rooms before all rooms are released.

Actually the RS does have help....the assistant Cabin Steward / Stewardess, their job strip the beds, fold towels, get laundry, pick up trash etc...look next time they are lurking in the halls..lol

Reason I think they are closing off the halls, is it is difficult to inspected cabins before pax come in and if they have not made that final check.. 1pm it is......

I have walked into my stern/aft cabin totally unmade more than once, the poor steward is totally panic..when they see me, it can totally throw them off. If you are first on the ship, you see all the deck cabin doors open, often I choose to keep my carry -on with me.

People question why sometimes their cabins are not cleaned..holding off until 1pm might give a supervisor time to check and a steward time to get organized.

For years on RCI/X you have been locked out of your room until 1pm.

On princess it's happened to me about 3 times in the last 2 years.

Unfortunately the aft suites always seem to be the last done..so I doubt if CC has any priority.

Edited by land lover

Our rooms have always been available when we've boarded. We stay in any kind of room, but are partial to WS (when we can justify the cost). I don't think any particular block of rooms has priority, but the stewards are fantastic in getting things done in the short time they have.

Love love love CC!

Anyone have any idea why rooms are not always ready on boarding, has princess reduced the number of room stewards

In the past, in general, boarding did not start until all the cabins were ready, usually by around noon.

Now Princess starts boarding earlier after the ship has been cleared, usually close to 11 AM. Cabins would not be ready by that time.

As to why 1 PM instead of ready by 12, I do not know.

I have been elite for several years and board about 1130. There has never been an instance when my cabin was not ready

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lucky you....so the odds are with you'll experience it soon;p:D

Most of my cruises I board well beyond 1pm....but my last 2 cruises on Ruby, April & May 2018 one out of Seattle the other out of San Pedro....1pm was the time we were told when collecting our cruise cards...after boarding announcements on the ships at about 12:45 and 1pm sharp stated that the cabins were ready.

So you have been fortunate....

Not having the cabins ready seems to be an increasingly common thing, as does the 1:00 time they are telling us at boarding. No one will complain if their room is ready before that, but it is nice to be told in the terminal that there might be a wait.

It's not a big deal to go to lunch and have your cabin ready when you finish eating.

It's not a big deal to go to lunch and have your cabin ready when you finish eating.

True, but one of what used to be a unique feature of Princess cruises was that once boarding started (usually around noon) the cabins would be ready.

In a rush to make Princess look just like Carnival, RCI, Celebrity, etc., Princess has joined those lines in not having cabins available before 1 PM or later.

I have been elite for several years and board about 1130. There has never been an instance when my cabin was not ready

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many of us could say the same thing but this crazy thing called change is creeping up on all of us. A couple weeks ago we experienced the change -- had to wait until 1:00.

Many of us could say the same thing but this crazy thing called change is creeping up on all of us. A couple weeks ago we experienced the change -- had to wait until 1:00.

LOL...so true...I remember my very first cruise, early 80s booked with a TA and we flew on a read eye from LAX to MIA...were put up in a hotel day room by the cruise line and then a bus came to the hotel to pick us up at boarding time... there was no PAX terminal.

Fast forward 15 years...you did not board until 3pm....lunch was not an option...

move another 20..to today...yep...a lot has changed in the industry.....

BRING it on I say......keeps us all young.......since I still book economy flights...the seats on planes...wow! we all adjust or pay more for other options.

Edited by land lover