Tell me your secrets!!!!!

amnorto87

Hi everyone!

What are your cruise secrets? What is something you uniquely pack for every cruise? What is something you have to do on every cruise?

I always bring an over the door shoe rack with me for every cruise for not only clothes but other things as well!!

Share your secret must have or must do!!! Would love to know some tricks for my next cruise!!! :D

Hi everyone!

What are your cruise secrets? What is something you uniquely pack for every cruise? What is something you have to do on every cruise?

I always bring an over the door shoe rack with me for every cruise for not only clothes but other things as well!!

Share your secret must have or must do!!! Would love to know some tricks for my next cruise!!! :D

My only "must do" is to NOT bring an over-the-door shoe rack.

What is something you uniquely pack for every cruise?

What is something you have to do on every cruise?

Hi Amnorto :)

What my wife & I have to do/pack on every sailing for the past 33 years now might be considered a little outside of the box.

We must always bring a cruise journal along & prior to going to sleep each evening we discuss the days events of everything we did, people & names that we met & so on, and log it all down in the journal.

We have been doing this for over three decades now and have many journals.

When reading through the journals, the strolls down memory lane are so wonderful. In some ways more entertaining than the photo's or video we have collected over the years.

Even picking out/purchasing the journal prior to the cruise has become a fun task in itself.

To us, it is another way, an interesting way, to save & also relive the voyage...

Have a terrific day! Happy sailing!

:)

I've only been on three cruises in my entire life including one cruise in the past years. What secrets do I have to impart?

Oh yeah, for my last Alaska cruise, I pre-downloaded the maps to my smartphone for offline use of the area that I was cruising in. It was neat seeing exactly which small town we were passing by on the inside passage.

I always "pack" a smile, flexibility and a good attitude. When we cruise, it is a phone and computer free time, where we concentrate on each other and the adventure. I may stress for months (even years) before the cruise making sure I have crossed every t and dotted every i, but when I get on board, I forget everything, grab a drink and let the sun and sea breeze carry me away!

Many people tend to use a packing list, but sometimes still tend to forget something. I group related items together before packing, so that I don't forget something. Dress shoes with formal wear. Chargers with items that have rechargeable batteries. Sun block with swimming trunks. Etc., etc. I've been using this system for several years, and it's worked out well for me.

i always "pack" a smile, flexibility and a good attitude. When we cruise, it is a phone and computer free time, where we concentrate on each other and the adventure. I may stress for months (even years) before the cruise making sure i have crossed every t and dotted every i, but when i get on board, i forget everything, grab a drink and let the sun and sea breeze carry me away!

Yes!!!!

What I do, is to not get caught up in what people on cruise critic say and do. Every topic gets convoluted and turns into a battle.

I go to my cruise looking to have a great time, and I do that.

LOL, I read posts like this and wished I had taken some behavior psychology so could understand why posters reply with a response that has absolutely nothing to do with the question.:rolleyes:

I can' say its a secret, but we like to take binoculars because we see a lot more both on the ocean and in the ports.

Burt

I check the things I've left behind before, especially in the hotel bedroom, such as deodorant, hairbrush and lead for the Kindle...

Check our passport and insurance copies, and (for Europeans) that our EHIC cards for medical attention are up to date...they run out every 5 years...but ours will be safe until Brexit....

What I do, is to not get caught up in what people on cruise critic say and do. Every topic gets convoluted and turns into a battle.

I go to my cruise looking to have a great time, and I do that.

I've noticed that too!

We bring a couple of LED tea lights (2/$1 at the dollar store) so when DW gets up in the middle of the night she can make her way to the bathroom and back to the bed without turning on a room light or having to leave the bathroom door open.

Hi Amnorto :)

What my wife & I have to do/pack on every sailing for the past 33 years now might be considered a little outside of the box.

We must always bring a cruise journal along & prior to going to sleep each evening we discuss the days events of everything we did, people & names that we met & so on, and log it all down in the journal.

We have been doing this for over three decades now and have many journals.

When reading through the journals, the strolls down memory lane are so wonderful. In some ways more entertaining than the photo's or video we have collected over the years.

Even picking out/purchasing the journal prior to the cruise has become a fun task in itself.

To us, it is another way, an interesting way, to save & also relive the voyage...

Have a terrific day! Happy sailing!

:)

What a wonderful idea and one I am going to definitely do on our next cruise! Might even have to go back and record our memories from our last few cruises! Thanks for the idea!

We pack light, don't do formal night and bring lots of our own reading material.

Our first item packed is a laid-back attitude and sense of serendipity and adventure. We don't over plan, make long lists, etc.

We have found that we don't need about 80% of what lots of other people say to bring and would in fact be made anxious by so much stuff. I always use a lanyard, though!