Figuring Out Formal Night

charlielinda

Is there any place I can find out what dress recommendations are for each night on the Equinox on September 3. We are trying to decide what nights to make speciality dining reservations. I meant chic dress instead of formal. Opps, forgive me!

Evening chic is what you make of it. We saw everything from tux and cocktail dresses to polo shirt and jeans. About the only thing we didn't see (could have missed it) were shorts. Most men wore long-sleeved shirts and pressed slacks. Most women wore dresses (sundress, etc.) or pants with dressy top.

You will get ALL kinds of answers on this one, but this is from the horse's mouth (Celebrity's website):

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights

Thanks. I know what to wear and was trying to figure out when ... I promise we will be dressed well. It’s an 11 night cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 7 day cruise they are usually held on day 2 and day 6. Just as an FYI, Celebrity often holds evening chic night on port days.

We just returned from a Celebrity Alaska cruise last week. The dress code was almost non-existent. For days in restaurants, it was no swimwear or bare feet. Evenings added prohibitions of no ripped jeans, no shorts, no printed Ts and no flip-flops. Chic was more of a suggestion than a requirement. And we liked the code that way, as we are from very casual SW Colorado. However, on chic nights, I generally wore good jeans and shoes, a dress T and a sports jacket. Within the confines of the very limited dress code, all are free to dress in a way that they are comfortable. That is one thing we like about Celebrity!

As stated by others Evening Chic is normally on sea days, or a day where there is a very early reboarding. The specific nights for your cruise will be listed in the first Celebrity Today which will be in your cabin. That gives you more than enough time to make a decision and call for reservations. Reservations tend to be much slower on an 11 day cruise. I would also check the menus before you reserve. Go to the restaurant you will use and check the menus.

I've read in the past that Day 2 and Day 9 are chic nights for 11 night cruises.

Since the choice is often ship specific...I wonder if your cruise would be Days 2 and 10, since 10 is another sea day?

I'm also on this sailing. My bet would be day 2 and 10. I forget if there is a 3rd one on a 11 night? But you really can't depend on it until you get onboard.