Cruise Countdown Milestones

NY_23

I was wondering, when you ladies and gentleman book your cruise and start counting down what days do you consider milestones? Speaking for myself if we book a year out (365 Days) I always consider 300,200,150,100,50,10.. the biggest for me is always 100 and of course anything below 10 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked over 2 years out. So the one year was a biggie for me. Now I am looking at 100 day mark and then 10 day.

The 100 day mark is always one of my favorites

I count down months as we usually book at least a year in advance. 90 days is my first real milestone. after that I count down by weeks until about 15 days then I go by the day. I have a count down calendar in my office that goes by either months or days so it is easy.

I was wondering, when you ladies and gentleman book your cruise and start counting down what days do you consider milestones? Speaking for myself if we book a year out (365 Days) I always consider 300,200,150,100,50,10.. the biggest for me is always 100 and of course anything below 10 lol.

double digit days

Embarkation day is the only one that matters. I don't understand why a number of days prior to a vacation would be a milestone.

Embarkation day is the only one that matters. I don't understand why a number of days prior to a vacation would be a milestone.

I guess everyone is different [emoji849]

I guess everyone is different [emoji849]

I guess in our earlier days of cruising we had more of an anticipation of the cruise, and "days until the cruise" were more significant. But now it really is more of just the day we book, the day we make final payment, and the day of embarkation as the important dates to measure. And then looking towards the next one.....

Great question. For us it depends on the length of the cruise and the itinerary - does the itinerary include some bucket list ports, or is it cruising just for a break.

In the unlikely event we booked a 7-night Caribbean, the milestone would probably be the departure date. However, our next World Cruise includes a number of bucket list ports, or excursions - Bay of Islands, Komodo Island, Brunei, Taj Mahal overland, Valley of the Kings/Pyramids overland.

For the WC we booked it almost 2 years in advance, so will use the following milestones - 1 year, 6 months (final payment, 100 days, 50 days, 30 days

I count down months as we usually book at least a year in advance. 90 days is my first real milestone. after that I count down by weeks until about 15 days then I go by the day. I have a count down calendar in my office that goes by either months or days so it is easy.

I do about the same. Countdown is months only until final payment then I count by the weeks until about 30 days out, then it is by day. Glad to see I'm not the only one who switches it up. It is just depressing to see 160 days. I'd rather be like 5;p months until our cruise...LOL.;p

I’ve got 6 cruises booked right now, so I really don’t think about them until final payment. And then, I really just think about them a month before, because that’s when the suitcases come out and I go through the ritual of throwing things on them and taking things off.

I think I like the surprise of just going on with daily life and then all of a sudden it’s here.

I also start watching my weather app with the places I’m visiting about 2 weeks before.