S1 aft Sky Suites?

39august

The reviews and ;pictures I have found on these cabins have shown the bed to be by the balcony and the sofa appears to be facing the bed. Is this correct? Sitting on the sofa you can't see out the balcony doors?

There is a big porthole window next to the couch. You can see out the balcony from the couch because the room is large, but not that large. you are not sitting next to it like you are in smaller cabins where it is next to the door. I like to lie on the couch and look out the porthole. We always book the S1 aft suites since we had our first one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is not how our Sky Suite was configured. We had a corner aft with the sofa facing aft (against the bathroom wall) with a porthole window beside the sofa and the bed closer to the balcony. The slider was on an angle. Our friends SS was center aft. Their sofa was closer to the balcony, bed closer to bathroom, configured like most other cabins, just bigger.

That is not how our Sky Suite was configured. We had a corner aft with the sofa facing aft (against the bathroom wall) with a porthole window beside the sofa and the bed closer to the balcony. The slider was on an angle. Our friends SS was center aft. Their sofa was closer to the balcony, bed closer to bathroom, configured like most other cabins, just bigger.

The corner S1 suites are a different shape and size to the other Sky suites. Those in the centre aft are the same configuration as the S2 suites on deck 12 and are squarer.

In every S1 corner Sky suite we have stayed in the sofa faces backward and is against the bathroom wall and the porthole window is next to it. The bed is towards the window as, because of the pole, it probably can't go anywhere else.

We had the same set up on the Equinox, 1666

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, watchdiva said:

We love the AFT S1 suites. I can sit on the couch and look out the porthole or sit in the couch and see my hubby seated on the balcony. After our first AFT S1 we haven’t booked anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have our 1st suite booked on Jan 31 2020 sailing on Silhouette.  There were not many suites left.  We have S1cabin 6307.  It’s an aft corner.  I read in another post that on the Reflection this is the worst S1cabin.  Have you seen this cabin on the Silhouette?  Is this a good S1 cabin or should I monitor to see if another S1 becomes available?  Thanks

4 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

We have our 1st suite booked on Jan 31 2020 sailing on Silhouette.  There were not many suites left.  We have S1cabin 6307.  It’s an aft corner.  I read in another post that on the Reflection this is the worst S1cabin.  Have you seen this cabin on the Silhouette?  Is this a good S1 cabin or should I monitor to see if another S1 becomes available?  Thanks

That S1 has a small balcony.  We were on the TA on Silhouette in 1665. On the days we had good weather it was amazing to sit out on. It’s bigger than the lower deck S1 corner balconies.  

It depends what you want, but for me I would be on the look out for one higher up. Especially, if you are on a warm weather cruise. 

• 6 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 1:53 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Here is a video tour of the Reflection suite 6307

Great video and commentary, thank you! Hubs and I are staying in our first Aft Sky Suite in August on the Silhouette, and are now looking forward to it! Thank you for the intel. 😉

Edited by Mermen

Every one has a similar layout inside with the position of the pole changing for each floor. Generally deck 12 is less well regarded due to the overhang and proximity to the OV bar and deck 10 has the window washing equipment parked by it while not in use. other than that the higher the better with 1668 being the prime location . ... but they are all fab and the views amazing. Enjoy😎

1771533539_silybum.JPG.5692f9a5cec10b674e936045cc98b3f1.JPG