Military credit

Does Anyone know if Royal Caribbean offers any type of military onboard credit? I know I can just call Royal Caribbean and ask them but I really like getting info here.

No onboard credit, but they do offer military discounts on selected sailings and categories.

Have Military Discount on 2 of my upcoming cruises, one being $545 off. Hard to find at times but if watch after you book a cruise Royal has been adding it more lately. Usually not offered until 4-5 months before ship sails.

• Like 1

Have Military Discount on 2 of my upcoming cruises, one being $545 off. Hard to find at times but if watch after you book a cruise Royal has been adding it more lately. Usually not offered until 4-5 months before ship sails.

You cant combine discounts on sailings, can you? We typically book when its the 'kids sail free' but wondering if we can combine that with the military discounts when they run them.

You cant combine discounts on sailings, can you? We typically book when its the 'kids sail free' but wondering if we can combine that with the military discounts when they run them.

Only if they are offered together.

Carla

I cruise RCCL three or four times a year. The military discounts have become few and far between, and only seem to show up when RCCL needs to fill cabins. Lately, it seems that if they show up at all, it is too close to the sailing date to book a family vacation properly. Senior and resident discounts happen more often than military, in my experience.

The military, residence, and senior discounts can normally be applied with the other never ending promos.

Does Anyone know if Royal Caribbean offers any type of military onboard credit? I know I can just call Royal Caribbean and ask them but I really like getting info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

no. and we have yet to be able to score any discounts/sales by virtue of his military service for any sailing or cabin category( it seems to be balconies mostly but no rhyme or reason as to what sailings/ships)

All discounts (seniors, resident, military, C&A, fire/police) are rare now. Sales are strong, ships are sailing full so there is no need to discount.

Discounts are used when sailings are not selling, as long as the economy is strong you won’t see the discounts like we did 5 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked a cruise using the military discount and the rep on the phone told me that when looking at cruises, just click on military discount ONLY and you will see them all. It takes some digging even from there because you don't really know which category of room it is, but it can be worth it. We saved over $10,000 on an 11 night cruise to Hawaii, but we did book only about 6 weeks from the date of travel.

I just booked a cruise using the military discount and the rep on the phone told me that when looking at cruises, just click on military discount ONLY and you will see them all. It takes some digging even from there because you don't really know which category of room it is, but it can be worth it. We saved over $10,000 on an 11 night cruise to Hawaii, but we did book only about 6 weeks from the date of travel.

Great deal, thanks for info

That has not been my experience. I have searched with only the military discount selected but it always returns results of many more. Like you said, it will still take some digging. I lucked out finding a military discount on an upcoming December cruise on Liberty. That along with our D+ balcony discount dropped the per night price to the lowest I’ve ever paid.

We used a military discount very recently. We initially booked without it and when I realized that I went online and checked the rates to see if it would even be worth calling about, and it definitely was. We ended up getting an oceanview balcony room for less than the price of an interior room.

I just double checked the rates for our cruise, and a balcony room is $1950 with the military discount and $2250 without.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No they don’t

Also no military rates unless they need to sell out a ship toward The end. WE have cruised for 20 years and never got a military rate

No they don’t

Also no military rates unless they need to sell out a ship toward The end. WE have cruised for 20 years and never got a military rate

Last Military Discount I got applied was 6 months ago for cruise this Nov. Agree cruising Royal 30+ yrs. Except for right after 9/11 they are few and far, but last couple years been getting them further out. I check my cruises every day and got 3-4 discounts in 2016-2088...

Military discounts is available do not apply to Canadian cruisers unfortunately.

Military discounts, when available are most certainly available for Canadians.

Some qualifying rates apply for the following including a special third and/or fourth guest rate for anyone staying in the same stateroom with two full-fare paying guests will pay. So if you intend on having your children stay in your stateroom, their rate may be lower. Additional qualifying rates include:

• We offer reduced senior prices only on selected sailings exclusively for guests who are 55 years of age and older.
  • We also offer special rates for police and firefighters on select ships and sailings.
  • We do offer special rates on selected sailings for military personnel.
  • It is important that at least one guest per stateroom be eligible to be considered in compliance with a restricted price program. It is also important to note that noncompliance of the restricted price program terms will result in the reservation being re-priced to the lowest available fare for that particular day. Furthermore, you will be responsible to pay for any differences immediately or else your boarding rights will be denied.

To qualify for a police/fire department rate, an individual must qualify under the following:

• At least one guest in the stateroom must be an active or retired employee or volunteer of a local or state law enforcement agency, fire department or Emergency Medical Services unit in the United States or Canada.
  • Qualified guests must present valid proof of employment (badge or ID) plus a second form of identification when boarding the ship. The offer is not valid where restricted by applicable law.
  • All guests traveling in the same stateroom are eligible to receive the police/fire rate. No additional staterooms, other than the one that is occupied by the qualified person is eligible for the police/fire rate. Spouses, parents, in-laws, children or other family members or friends are not eligible for the rate without the eligible person occupying the stateroom.

To qualify for a military rate, an individual must be classified as one of the following:

• Active personnel currently serving in the Canadian National Defense; United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves. Proper identification in the form of a United States Uniformed Services WHITE Identification Card for U.S. military personnel, and a WHITE N.D.21 Identification Card with a Red Canadian Flag displayed for Canadian National Defense personnel, must be presented at time of check-in.
  • Retired from any of the divisions listed directly above. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Proper identification for those classified in category A or B must be in the form of a United States Uniformed RED (Reserve retired personnel) or BLUE (Active Duty retired personnel) Identification Card. Proper identification for those classified in category C is a United States Uniformed TAN Identification Card. Retired Canadian National Defense personnel are eligible and must possess a green NDI-75 card (retired personnel). All forms of identification must be presented at time of check-in.
  • Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or 6-months in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo must be presented at time of check-in.
  • Spouses of actively deployed military personnel are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom. This rate also applies to all other guests traveling in the same stateroom. Spouses of deceased military personnel are also eligible for the military rate. As proof of eligibility, spouses must present the Pink or Tan Dependent Military ID upon check-in.

• All guests traveling in the same stateroom are eligible to receive the military rate. No additional staterooms, other than the one that is occupied by the military person is eligible for the military rate. Spouses, parents, in-laws, children or other family members or friends are not eligible for the military rate without the eligible military person occupying the stateroom.

To qualify for Interline Personnel rates, see the below eligibility. You must place your reservatio

Have done about 20 rccl cruises no military discounts , MSC gives a very nice discount

We have done 5 cruises on Princess and my military / veteran on board credit has been applied to most of them.

OBC amount depends on the length of the cruise. Tom :)