What do you like to do on Sea Days?

MichFish

Get up late, usually walk a mile or two, sometimes twice a day, eat late and leisurely meals, once in a while do an activity, watch movies, read, repeat. We spend time on the lido, but prefer not close to the pool due to congestion. Always easier to find seats away from the pools.

We love sea days and get more and more relaxed as the cruise goes on. Our cruise to Hawaii was a little less enjoyable with all the sea days because the weather wasn't very goo--quite cool and rainy.

I must prefer port days, but 1-2 sea days is ok. Sea days are about complete relaxation to me. Lots of lounging around the pool/hot tubs. Will likely grab a few drinks. Grab some food. Then once I'm done with that, I will see what else is going on.

What is a tutti salad? (I hope this doesn't have some inappropriate meaning and I'm going to be embarrassed I asked this question lol)

Like a Mongolian Grill for salad -- no cooking though -- You pick your ingredients and they mix and toss the salad for you. Served in the MDR for lunch (which is usually only open on sea days for lunch). You can order from the menu and also get the Tutti Salad bar if you want.

A video is worth a thousand words:

Like a Mongolian Grill for salad -- no cooking though -- You pick your ingredients and they mix and toss the salad for you. Served in the MDR for lunch (which is usually only open on sea days for lunch). You can order from the menu and also get the Tutti Salad bar if you want.

A video is worth a thousand words:

It seems like a good idea on paper, I mean the ingredients are great, but I have 3 problems

1) You can't control the quantity of the items, they don't understand just a little please

2) The chopping never works, no quality control. some are cut small, others not at all

3) They pile the dressing on. your salad is swimming in it. Kind of like my first problem.

Better luck in the Jammer

What is a tutti salad? (I hope this doesn't have some inappropriate meaning and I'm going to be embarrassed I asked this question lol)

You point at which of the 20 or so ingredients you want in your salad, they put it together, chop it and add the desired salad dressing. It includes a hot bar and a cold bar with various items.

It makes for a meal completely different from the rest of them and most people enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sea Day Brunch. Relax. Read. Do word puzzles. Take a nap. Explore the shops. Participate in Bingo or trivia or just watch others play. Play cards. Afternoon tea. Participate in the organized activities or not. It's really all about not having to follow a schedule.

I'm not sure about RC, but when we sailed to Hawaii on Celebrity several years ago, they had Hawaiian cultural activities every day: hula lessons, ukulele lessons, jewelry making, etc. They were well attended, and lots of fun. And best of all, they gave me a much better appreciation for Hawaii once we were there. On the return trip, we had a few more lessons, and then a big concert with the hula dancers and ukulele players.

BTW, I just love sea days anyway.

It seems like a good idea on paper, I mean the ingredients are great, but I have 3 problems

1) You can't control the quantity of the items, they don't understand just a little please

2) The chopping never works, no quality control. some are cut small, others not at all

3) They pile the dressing on. your salad is swimming in it. Kind of like my first problem.

Better luck in the Jammer

This was my memory of my RCI cruise too. I don't quite get the appeal:confused:

I love sea days for the flexibility to do anything or nothing at all. Even on cruises where we had bad weather we could find something new to explore on the ship.

A big part of cruising for me though is being on the water - seeing it and feeling the motion.