Cruise Critic Community
Grandma Cruising

Tips for Azamara Newbies

36 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

They *are* half bottles though right? And from the pictures I’ve seen, there are 4.

Yes. They are half-bottles.

Just enough for a 3-day cruise. 🙄

Hic! 

25 minutes ago, blag said:

Yes. They are half-bottles.

Just enough for a 3-day cruise. 🙄

Hic! 

LOL ! And cheers!

8 hours ago, blag said:

With regard to the 4 (as I recall, but it might be 3) bottles of complimentary spirits in a suite, if you ask your butler, he will change them. In this way on each of our cruises we have enjoyed 4 bottles of gin!

Hic! 

Why don't we just hold the Meet & Mingle in your suite?  [Can I come if I bring FeverTree tonic?]

Choice Air:  DH and I have 4 B2B cruises booked on the Azamara Pursuit beginning on May 11, 2021 in Tokyo and ending in Greece.  Airlines now have flights posted for MCO to HND  on our dates.  I would like to book through Choice Air, but when I search for flight options, I get this error message:  "not eligible - Back to Back Booking Type."  Does this mean that we have to book our flights independently? 

3 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Choice Air:  DH and I have 4 B2B cruises booked on the Azamara Pursuit beginning on May 11, 2021 in Tokyo and ending in Greece.  Airlines now have flights posted for MCO to HND  on our dates.  I would like to book through Choice Air, but when I search for flight options, I get this error message:  "not eligible - Back to Back Booking Type."  Does this mean that we have to book our flights independently? 

I've never been able to book back-to-back cruise flights online through ChoiceAir.  Always had to call.

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

Who do you call - Azamara or Choice Air? 

Personally I would call Choice Air.

In the past we have been able to book Choice Air for B2B cruises on the website.

I hope you are able to get a speedy resolution to your request.

Does anyone here have experience with P1 categories?  I know they are aft or forward facing only.  Just want to know if they are a lot larger cabins.

Have you looked at the Azamara Cabins Thread. In it there’s a spreadsheet which sets out people’s experiences of various cabins pdf;charset=UTF-8&X-Amz-Signature=779d64

All the 'P' category cabins were originally Veranda category.  P1 was VX, P2 and P3 were V1.  I don't believe the cabins were any different from the others.  The biggest difference was that P1/VX have the forward and aft-facing views and larger balconies – and the aft cabins have lots of complaints about engine vibrations and soot on the balcony.  The cabin numbers didn't change when they redid the categories, so the info in the spreadsheet is still accurate [but cabin size isn't one of the categories].

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

All the 'P' category cabins were originally Veranda category.  P1 was VX, P2 and P3 were V1.  I don't believe the cabins were any different from the others.  The biggest difference was that P1/VX have the forward and aft-facing views and larger balconies – and the aft cabins have lots of complaints about engine vibrations and soot on the balcony.  The cabin numbers didn't change when they redid the categories, so the info in the spreadsheet is still accurate [but cabin size isn't one of the categories].

A good summary, although in our experience the vibration was an issue only on Pursuit, and then on long runs when speed was increased.

P1 on Deck 8 are also subject to a lot of noise from above

Vibration on the stern has only been a problem for us when going at full speed.  Noise from above only on Pursuit because of its different chairs on the Windows veranda.