Last Minute on Allure - Live in D5. August 26th - Sept 2nd.

A&L_Ont

thank you for your review! I enjoyed it very much. I was however disappointed when the nasty comments directed at Carnival ships came up. (Cozumel port)

I am by no means a Carnival cheerleader, and the reason I read this board is because I am wanting to branch out and try a different line, probably because I have out grown Carnival, and am getting older, no longer into the "fun ship" demographic of today. I have however enjoyed all my Carnival cruises and really do feel somewhat offended when the line is spoken of in this way. I don't feel that Carnival deserves the hate that is often directed at them by cruisers on other lines. I don't see Carnival cruisers dissing other lines. They are just content to stay within their realm.

I don't really see it on other boards, but this one especially seems to hate Carnival, followed by some posters on the Celebrity board.

Sorry, just had to say this, as I am often quiet and don't respond to these comments, but having enjoyed this review so much, it was almost like being gut punched mid way, by the barbs toward Carnival.

Thanks for the review and taking us along on your trip! Loved the perspective, narration, and photos!

If that photo was taken on your descent into DTW, you can almost see my house in that pic.

And as far as potato chips are concerned, I was dismayed when Flamin’ Hot Lays were taken out of circulation around here. I once even said to my husband as he was running into our local convince store, “I want some Flamin’ Hot Lays!” He replied, “Doesn’t EVERYONE want flaming hot lays?” Ugh. Anyway, looking forward to your next cruise report!

Thanks for the great review. At least the great part is there's only 7 more Saturday's before our cruise! DH & I can't wait to sit on the balcony of our CLS..You will also have the email that your docs are ready to print! Gotta Love it!

Welcome home!

Stacie:cool:

I don't really see it on other boards, but this one especially seems to hate Carnival, followed by some posters on the Celebrity board.

Sorry, just had to say this, as I am often quiet and don't respond to these comments, but having enjoyed this review so much, it was almost like being gut punched mid way, by the barbs toward Carnival.

We on this board are equal opportunity bashers. You should see us when we get started on Royal Caribbean.;) :D

Love the fist-bump with Lucy - she must be happy you are home. So I have to ask - what did Lisa think of the last episode of HMT? After reading all your reviews, kudos to both of you - Owen is fortunate to have some amazing parents. And so many of us look forward to your adventures. Thank you.

Edited by Lisacruzzes

Thanks again, Andrew, Laura and Owen, for letting us tag along.

Looking forward to your next cruise, as our next cruise will be even closer (but who's counting;))

I'm so sorry...Lisa, not Laura! :o I knew that wasn't right, but was too lazy to look at previous posts.

thank you for your review! I enjoyed it very much. I was however disappointed when the nasty comments directed at Carnival ships came up. (Cozumel port)

I am by no means a Carnival cheerleader, and the reason I read this board is because I am wanting to branch out and try a different line, probably because I have out grown Carnival, and am getting older, no longer into the "fun ship" demographic of today. I have however enjoyed all my Carnival cruises and really do feel somewhat offended when the line is spoken of in this way. I don't feel that Carnival deserves the hate that is often directed at them by cruisers on other lines. I don't see Carnival cruisers dissing other lines. They are just content to stay within their realm.

I agree with you and usually just ignore those folks and scroll on. We have had awesome cruises on Carnival and I don't understand why some feel the need to bash them. That being said we enjoy all the lines. They all have good and bad points! I find it particularly sad when people bashing Carnival have never even sailed with them. Personally, I think the food is better on Carnival than Royal. JMHO

I really have enjoyed your review and glad you had a great cruise. Nice that Owen had fun before starting back to school. :)

Edited by Coolcruise02

No worries SMSACE6. Sorry to have offended as that wasn’t my intention. Hopefully my jokes through out the review made you realize that it really is in jest.

We actually have met a person who’s brother was on the Triumph during the “dreadful sailing” and they have stated that they would never sail again on Carnival, if at all.

I could not have imagined being on that sailing. I remember watching her being towed into port and watching the Live News reports of people getting off the ship. I was actually proud of the crew, in how they were spoken about by the departing guests. I would sail with that crew and not think twice about it.

I would have made a joke about the cement pillar in Nassau to which the Disney ship rammed, but alas the Disney ship wasn’t in port. As someone else stated, we take shots at Royal here as well. I have a few in my final thoughts wrap up.

When something bad happens to RC there are a few posters from the Carnival Board that come over here to poke at us as well. It doesn’t make it right or wrong, it just happens. The Anthem winter storm sailing comes to mind.

Hopefully you will continue to follow along any future reviews and remember that I joke a lot. Hopefully next time I take your breath away it will be with laughter and coffee on your screen VS a “gut punch”.

Thanks Andrew for another great review and answering questions. Love reading them. Must thank Owen for suggesting it to you and Lisa. What a great way for Owen to end the summer. Can't believe these kids go back to school in 2 says.

Mango Tango. Had it on Oasis in June. Good...not as good as lava flow though IMO. Sweeter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I love mango and I love sweet. Gotta remember this for our next cruise.

If they serve these cool tropical drinks on your Alaskan cruise, they’ll serve them on ours.

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. But be honest. Two weeks ago today, did you think you’d start a cruise thread that’s already exceeded 40 pages?