Using Diamond "Vouchers" for bottled water

karen_g

If I want to use all 3 of my vouchers nightly for bottled water, can I get them all at one time (I would really like to take them back to my cabin and put them in my mini-fridge). Does this vary depending on whether I go to the actual Diamond Lounge or whether I go to another bar? Thanks for any info.

If I did go to the Diamond Lounge, would they allow me to get 3 at once and take them back to my cabin?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the policy on that ship and who might be present. I'd ask for two each time, see if you can get away with that, and accumulate some.

If I did go to the Diamond Lounge, would they allow me to get 3 at once and take them back to my cabin?

It was either Adventure or Jewel, both recent ships I've been on that had a dedicated Diamond Lounge - I could walk in the middle of the day and grab one.

It was either Adventure or Jewel, both recent ships I've been on that had a dedicated Diamond Lounge - I could walk in the middle of the day and grab one.

Where were they? I have never seen bottles of water just sitting out in the lounge.

Even during the cocktail hours, someone has to get them for you.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the policy on that ship and who might be present. I'd ask for two each time, see if you can get away with that, and accumulate some.

Couldn't hurt to give that a try. Thanks Bob.

Must have been the Jewel. I’ve been on the Adventure seven time and everything is removed or locked up in the Diamond lounge after the continental breakfast. And, I distinctly remember getting glasses of water, not bottles in the Diamond lounge during happy hour. It would been nice to have gotten water bottles.

Must have been the Jewel. I’ve been on the Adventure seven time and everything is removed or locked up in the Diamond lounge after the continental breakfast. And, I distinctly remember getting glasses of water, not bottles in the Diamond lounge during happy hour. It would been nice to have gotten water bottles.

Not sure about that, never saw bottles during the day on our Jewel cruises.

On our past few cruises they no longer allow you to get 2 cans of soft drinks at a time. They actually had to open the coke in front of me, said it was a new rule. They gave me a bottle of water, did not open it. This was to prevent me from “sharing” my 3 diamond cokes.

I was sad to see this new rule as I used to take a second coke back to room for after the shows.

I’ve always been able to get 3 bottles of water in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour on the Allure and the Freedom. I just go up to one of the waiters and ask for them. (I do tip the waiter but he didn’t know that when I asked for the water.). Also other nights I went to a bar and asked for the 3 bottles with no problem.

On Anthem in May I asked in diamond lounge for 2 bottles of water at a time and they were given with no issues. This was during cocktail hour while I was having a drink. I tipped for each drink and each water.

I've also been able to get bottled water in the DL/CL during cocktail hour. Always been able to take a couple bottles with me on the way out. Never seen it available when the Concierge is not there.

If it was available when the concierge was not there, it would only be available for a short time. Ever see the person who grabs 10 bags of potato chips at Park Cafe? Same thing. Some ships now put the potato chip bags behind the counter.

If it was available when the concierge was not there, it would only be available for a short time. Ever see the person who grabs 10 bags of potato chips at Park Cafe? Same thing. Some ships now put the potato chip bags behind the counter.

Oh yes I've seen the chip hoarders and have no problem with the water bottles only being available when the Concierge is present. I just like to take a couple bottles to go on my way out.