Conflicted on what cruise to take for honeymoon

FSU Girl

I’m so conflicted on what cruise to take for my honeymoon. My fiancé is no help he said he would be happy anywhere as long as I’m there. Right now I have to cruises booked and I like them both.

One cruise is on the Crown Princess that leaves out of Dublin and is a 12 night British Isles cruise. The other is Norwegian Jade leaves out of Rome and goes to Italy and the Greek Isles for 11 nights.

I’ve never been on either ship. My fiancé has never been to any of the locations, I’ve been to about half of the ones on the Norwegian sailing. I really like both and just can’t decide which one I want to do

What kind of answers did you receive from the 2 or so previous times you have posted this? not being snarky at all, just trying to understand what you are hoping to get that you haven't gotten before?

good luck

I've already posted you gotta go to Paris as newlyweds..;p

What kind of answers did you receive from the 2 or so previous times you have posted this? not being snarky at all, just trying to understand what you are hoping to get that you haven't gotten before?

good luck

I've already posted you gotta go to Paris as newlyweds..;p

I keep changing my mind and cruises. I guess I’m hoping someone can convince me which one to do. I am driving my coworkers crazy telling them about how I keep changing the cruise. I thought I’d made my mind up and then changed it again. I’m not normally so indecisive

When is this? If it's the heat of the summer I wouldn't go to Rome.

In general, I'd lean toward the Dublin sailing, just because I love Ireland. Oh, and we'd rather eat nails than board another NCL vessel after our last time with them.

Jim

Flip a coin and stick with whatever comes up heads.

But:

Keep in mind that Princess isn’t as activity driven as some cruise lines. If you’re looking for fun on the ship, rather than a time for being together, Princess might not be for you. It skews to a slightly older demographic than NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When is this? If it's the heat of the summer I wouldn't go to Rome.

In general, I'd lean toward the Dublin sailing, just because I love Ireland. Oh, and we'd rather eat nails than board another NCL vessel after our last time with them.

Jim

It’s exactly a year from now. I used to sail with Princess a lot as a teenager, haven’t in 10 years. I’ve never been on Norwegian before, it wasn’t good?

How about you gives us some ideas about what’s important to you?

- Destinations?

- Type of accommodations?

- Ship? Cruise Line preference?

- Ambiance?

I’d love to give you some opinions, but not knowing anything about you or your likes and dislikes, it’s a bit hard to give you an educated reply.

But I agree with others. No matter what you select, it will be an amazing journey, just because it’s your honeymoon.

Just for reference, our honeymoon didn’t quite go as planned. First we had to change dates which cut our time in half. We selected a ship and itinerary that was far from what we would’ve wanted and a serious downgrade, but it was what fit our reduced timeframe. Once on the honeymoon, we dealt with all sorts of snafus, overbooked hotel and downgraded room, flooded hallways, itinerary change (twice) due to political unrest and port congestion, bad weather (we slept out in our balcony because the seas were so rough one night), and to top it all off, we shared our ship with a wresting federation half charter. I saw enough spandex in one week to last me a lifetime!

It was far from the dream honeymoon that either one of us envisioned, but looking back after 15 years, it was one of the most fun and memorable trips that we’ve ever taken, simply because it was our honeymoon and we were together.

So don’t overstress or overthink this decision. Whatever you pick, it will be the right decision!

How about you gives us some ideas about what’s important to you?

- Destinations?

- Type of accommodations?

- Ship? Cruise Line preference?

- Ambiance?

I’d love to give you some opinions, but not knowing anything about you or your likes and dislikes, it’s a bit hard to give you an educated reply.

But I agree with others. No matter what you select, it will be an amazing journey, just because it’s your honeymoon.

Just for reference, our honeymoon didn’t quite go as planned. First we had to change dates which cut our time in half. We selected a ship and itinerary that was far from what we would’ve wanted and a serious downgrade, but it was what fit our reduced timeframe. Once on the honeymoon, we dealt with all sorts of snafus, overbooked hotel and downgraded room, flooded hallways, itinerary change (twice) due to political unrest and port congestion, bad weather (we slept out in our balcony because the seas were so rough one night), and to top it all off, we shared our ship with a wresting federation half charter. I saw enough spandex in one week to last me a lifetime!

It was far from the dream honeymoon that either one of us envisioned, but looking back after 15 years, it was one of the most fun and memorable trips that we’ve ever taken, simply because it was our honeymoon and we were together.

So don’t overstress or overthink this decision. Whatever you pick, it will be the right decision!

I love history and castles. When I went to Italy I loved all the ancient history it was fascinating. I’m not sure if my fiancé likes it as much as I do, but he does like it. Neither ship is ideal to me. I like the newer ships with more bell and whistles on them. But none of those ships are going to where we want to go. On cruise critic they have the same score of 4 out of 5 stars. We have a balcony room on each. I’d like something fancier they are just out of my price range lol. Both ships are pretty port intense, princess has one more sea day. I wasn’t super wowed by the Greek Isles when I went, but I was only 16 so it would be a different experience on a honeymoon.

Because it is the beginning of September, i would absolutely go with Britsh Isles. It will still be too hot to really enjoy the Med. Plus, Princess over Norwegian any day. Finally, you have cruised Pruncess before. Hiw many cruises? You could have a few loyalty benefits. But really, just too hot in the Med to be enjoyable.

Oh wow, you chose 2 awesome itineraries!! Personally, I’d say Italy and the Greek Isles are more romantic, but with all the castles and beauty of the British Isles, they aren’t far behind. I’ve recently tried to rate my fav spots in Europe and they are

1) Italy 2) Greek Isles 3) England

Going with your hubby will likely impact your perception of the Greek Isles. I know; pick both! Do one for your honeymoon and the other for a special anniversary! I’m sorry; this probably didn’t help much, but you just chose such great options!

Because it is the beginning of September, i would absolutely go with Britsh Isles. It will still be too hot to really enjoy the Med. Plus, Princess over Norwegian any day. Finally, you have cruised Pruncess before. Hiw many cruises? You could have a few loyalty benefits. But really, just too hot in the Med to be enjoyable.

My account says I’m Platinum level. I haven’t really looked at what comes with that level yet. I have no status on Norwegian since I’ve never sailed with them before.

Oh wow, you chose 2 awesome itineraries!! Personally, I’d say Italy and the Greek Isles are more romantic, but with all the castles and beauty of the British Isles, they aren’t far behind. I’ve recently tried to rate my fav spots in Europe and they are

1) Italy 2) Greek Isles 3) England

Going with your hubby will likely impact your perception of the Greek Isles. I know; pick both! Do one for your honeymoon and the other for a special anniversary! I’m sorry; this probably didn’t help much, but you just chose such great options!

LOL, this is how my decision making has been going. I wish I could do both but they are the same dates. We’re going to try for a baby while on the cruise so we probably won’t be doing a trip like this for a while after when we have a little baby. Probably another reason I want to pick the perfect place since I don’t know when I can go back

I’d like something fancier they are just out of my price range lol.

Thanks for the input! Based on that one statement, I would lean towards Princess as it will feel fancier without having to break the bank. Princess will provide a bit more elegant ambiance as well as more attention to detail. Still mass market, but a notch above Norwegian.

We selected Princess for our 10th wedding anniversary (aboard Golden Princess) a few years back and we were extremely satisfied with that experience! It was, without a doubt, the right choice for that special occasion. Everything about it was right on point and it provided enough of a bump in quality to make this trip feel extra special. Based on our experience, I would recommend Princess!

One thing to keep in mind is how "busy" do you want to be on your honeymoon. Do you want to tour on land all most every day. Or do you want to relax. If you want to relax, than something warm and tropical.

I know you did not want to hear a third choice of cruise. but...

LOL, this is how my decision making has been going. I wish I could do both but they are the same dates. We’re going to try for a baby while on the cruise so we probably won’t be doing a trip like this for a while after when we have a little baby. Probably another reason I want to pick the perfect place since I don’t know when I can go back

what kind of responses have you got on the NCL board as compared to the responses on this non-biased, of course, Princess board ?:confused:

Thanks for the input! Based on that one statement, I would lean towards Princess as it will feel fancier without having to break the bank. Princess will provide a bit more elegant ambiance as well as more attention to detail. Still mass market, but a notch above Norwegian.

We selected Princess for our 10th wedding anniversary (aboard Golden Princess) a few years back and we were extremely satisfied with that experience! It was, without a doubt, the right choice for that special occasion. Everything about it was right on point and it provided enough of a bump in quality to make this trip feel extra special. Based on our experience, I would recommend Princess!

Thanks! I always enjoyed my Princess Cruises when I used to sail