Alaska - which cruise line?

cmnrs99

Hi! We are looking at an Alaskan cruise which includes Glacier Bay for next summer. Considering either Norwegian Joy or Ruby Princess. We have only sailed Disney previously and Ioved the cleanliness, great service, and family oriented environment. Just curious overall which of the above stated cruise lines may fit us best. It will be myself, husband, 19 and 10 yr old daughters, and my parents in their late 70s. We are interested in quality shows and food, great sightseeing, and activities the younger ones will enjoy.

Hi! We are looking at an Alaskan cruise which includes Glacier Bay for next summer. Considering either Norwegian Joy or Ruby Princess. We have only sailed Disney previously and Ioved the cleanliness, great service, and family oriented environment. Just curious overall which of the above stated cruise lines may fit us best. It will be myself, husband, 19 and 10 yr old daughters, and my parents in their late 70s. We are interested in quality shows and food, great sightseeing, and activities the younger ones will enjoy.

The Joy doesn't go to Glacier Bay all summer. Only May and September which probably won't work if your kids are in school. The Bliss goes to Glacier bay from May to September.

I don’t know if NCL participates has n the ranger program in Glacier Bay. Princess has a naturally st onboard for the whole cruise and they bring local well people onboard to give local info. One lady actually bring husky puppies on board for her lectures.

Our best cruise ever was on HAL to Alaska .

The longest serving cruise lines serving Alaska are normally considered to be HAL & Princess. While personally we won't return to Princess, of the 2 options you listed, I would expect Princess to provide the best experience in Glacier Bay.

Princess does have multiple kid's clubs, based on age and onboard kids counselors

Our best cruise ever was on HAL to Alaska .
The children's program on Holland America seems anemic compared to that on Princess.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Not suggesting your two choices aren't good ones, but given your family mix and demographics, you may also want to consider RCI and Celebrity. Both would have itineraries and a cruising style that would compare favorably to your described expectations.

Except that they do not have permits for Glacier Bay. OP wisely put that at the top of the list. To go to Alaska and not see Glacier Bay would be a terrible mistake.

NOT NCL!!!!! We had a sub-standard experience with them. 9 of us on board in July 2018. They have removed all quality and substituted "as cheap as possible" hoping the cruisers don't notice.

Cheap food (no lobster, no shrimp cocktail, etc., no cabin storage (come on, nightstand with no drawer to save $5???), and cheap high school production show. And worse, the ship stopped farther away from the glaciers than any other ship I had been on.

Go Princess!

We did Alaska several years ago on the Coral Princess and it was excellent. Glacier Bay is a must and a ranger from Glacier Bay National Park came aboard and was wonderful.

I would not hesitate to go to Alaska with Princess.

We are doing Alaska next summer on Holland America, but they will not be going into Glacier Bay, sadly.