Keeping track of pricing for cruises

Zenica

For those of you that book cruises not months but years out, how do you track the pricing?

You only get the lower price if you call when it is advertised, if it drops and you don't check you could lose the savings if the price climbs up again. Checking every day will be time consuming...is there an automated way to do this?

For those of you that book cruises not months but years out, how do you track the pricing?

You only get the lower price if you call when it is advertised, if it drops and you don't check you could lose the savings if the price climbs up again. Checking every day will be time consuming...is there an automated way to do this?

There is a site that will track prices and alert you when it goes down. Unfortunately we can't name it here - however - it is not nearly as reliable as it used to be, and I don't really recommend it anymore.

Honestly - I just check every day (ok - sometimes I miss a day). Time consuming - maybe if you add up the 2 minutes I spend each day together - in aggregate it is a lot of time. But I don't consider it time consuming at all. I actually find it kind of fun 'cause it make me think about my cruise(s) each day.

Mike

Look forward to the answers for this question. Thank you for asking, Ive been using cruise watch and other sites that allow you to sign up for price drop alerts to see price drops but love the collaboration of great resources shared on this site.

I have all my cruises in a binder, separated by month and year. I don't trust a site to "tell" me if a price has gone down. I check pretty much every other day on our cruises and I have 20 of them booked. So yes, takes a bit of time, but I have saved quite a bit with price drops because I am so organized and take the time to check prices myself.

With all of the "perks" and "sales" and refundable vs non-refundable it is really hard to rely on an automated service. Once I book a cruise I do check the prices, usually weekly to see what is going on. If there is a sale, then I check as soon as I see the sale starting. It is really all about supply and demand so I do try to keep an eye on how a particular cruise is selling. Our last cruise on the Summit just did not sell well and right after final payment prices dropped way down. I was not able to get a reduced price but I did manage to get a nice upgrade. Other cruises I have picked up large drops on occasion before final payment and saved that money and on other occasions it has been after final and I got upgrades to CC and/or Aqua. Saving money is always nice and I make it up to me to keep track of things.

On my upcoming cruise I think I was alerted to at least three significant drops though the roll call for the cruise. Stay active on your roll call and you’ll get a lot of useful info. Plus you meet some really cool people.

How do you track it if, say, there are no more A1 cabins available on your sailing? I also get confused because of all the included "perks" that change from time to time.

You can always choose a cabin and waitlist it; if it is canceled, Celebrity will call you. I was able to move to an S1 corner aft. It is not always a shot in the dark, as that was the only time I did it...keep checking online, use fishy site and hope the cabin you waitlisted opens up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can’t imagine having 20 cruises booked,😳 but we normally have 4-6 booked. I check prices about every 3-4 days and also check the Roll Call. Our last cruise there were 5 price drops I saw 3 and alerted those on the Roll Call. The other 2 someone else on the Roll Call posted them. All in all we saved $2400 over our original booking price.

You can always choose a cabin and waitlist it; if it is canceled, Celebrity will call you. I was able to move to an S1 corner aft. It is not always a shot in the dark, as that was the only time I did it...keep checking online, use fishy site and hope the cabin you waitlisted opens up!!!

Is that ***************? I started looking at that but then saw everyone saying the site was dead, they hadnt received any correct info etc. Have you had a different experience?

Thank you

With all of the "perks" and "sales" and refundable vs non-refundable it is really hard to rely on an automated service. Once I book a cruise I do check the prices, usually weekly to see what is going on. If there is a sale, then I check as soon as I see the sale starting. It is really all about supply and demand so I do try to keep an eye on how a particular cruise is selling. Our last cruise on the Summit just did not sell well and right after final payment prices dropped way down. I was not able to get a reduced price but I did manage to get a nice upgrade. Other cruises I have picked up large drops on occasion before final payment and saved that money and on other occasions it has been after final and I got upgrades to CC and/or Aqua. Saving money is always nice and I make it up to me to keep track of things.

Do you get the upgrade because the price dropped OR the upgrade has been a separate transactional request?

Thank you for sharing its possible to do either or both!

How do you track it if, say, there are no more A1 cabins available on your sailing? I also get confused because of all the included "perks" that change from time to time.
...... and also the various types of discounted price categories available for which someone may qualify.

You almost need to be an accountant to figure whether you are better off booking with discount category A for a higher price with multiple perks, or discount category B at a lower price with only one perk or discount category C for the lowest price of all, but without any perks included.

Even using a spreadsheet won't work because the variables involved keep fluctuating.

The amount they charge to add on the exact same perk varies from one scenario to another, so you can't just figure that it will cost X dollars to add on a premium drink package, for example.

Is that ***************? I started looking at that but then saw everyone saying the site was dead, they hadnt received any correct info etc. Have you had a different experience?

Thank you

I have found the same thing. It used to work like a charm, I saved a number of times by using their alerts. I have three cruises registered - have not received a single alert. However, the tools to track seem to still be working.

I have found the same thing. It used to work like a charm, I saved a number of times by using their alerts. I have three cruises registered - have not received a single alert. However, the tools to track seem to still be working.

I still get alerts, but they seem to be random and delayed. They also no longer differentiate within a category (e.g. C1, C2, C3). I think the later has more to do with the changes to the Celebrity website as it no longer shows that category information on the booking pages either.

It's really a shame.

Mike

Do you get the upgrade because the price dropped OR the upgrade has been a separate transactional request?

Thank you for sharing its possible to do either or both!

We have gotten upgrades three times now when the price dropped after our final payment. Twice from a veranda to Aqua and once from a veranda to C2. Could have gotten Aqua on that one too but we were traveling with cousins from the UK who had booked with a UK TA and could not get the upgrade so we settled for a bigger cabin and ate in the MDR with the cousins. There have been some other cruises where the prices dropped before final payment and we have saved anywhere from $100 to $1200. It is worth checking, especially when sales are announced.

I usually check daily, as I am retired and have the free time. I will caution you, however, if there is a m=small price drop and you have perks on your original cruise, OBC's etc, you may lose them if you go for the reduced price depending on what perks are available at the time. All of that being said, it is nice to save money, but when we book a cruise we are happy with the price and content if it does not drop. We cruise because we love cruising !!!

Thank you

It is just another part of the puzzle, but I have been alerted 70% of the time; however I always check it too, as it also shows beginning prices, but they are always higher than what I paid the first day out!! I was able to find an S1 corner aft in the Med for 309 more total from a C2... never again!

I am also surprised that someone would have 40 cruises booked at one time, at least just for themselves...how does one workout and just keep a little normalcy to life?..and all the food...yikes... maybe when I get older and do not have parental responsibilities I can do a few more a year!!!

Edited by Lastdance

I usually check daily, as I am retired and have the free time. I will caution you, however, if there is a m=small price drop and you have perks on your original cruise, OBC's etc, you may lose them if you go for the reduced price depending on what perks are available at the time. All of that being said, it is nice to save money, but when we book a cruise we are happy with the price and content if it does not drop. We cruise because we love cruising !!!

I agree, I will book at a price & perks I am happy with. If it happens to drop and with perks better than what we have great (we will do a happy dance).

However, if not we are good too. This way I dont have to beat myself up for missing the one price drop the day I didnt check.

Thank you

That fish flopped over and died!!! <.(((((}< At least it did on me. I can't even find a couple of my cruises on that site. I am wondering if it has something to do with a person's browser??? Though my IE is up to date.

That fish flopped over and died!!! <.(((((}< .

Just spit out my coffee - LOLLLLL! but have to agree. It’s a rare occurrence now if we get an alert ... I will go in from time to time to check up on them (vs. receiving the email alert); but since I am spending that time checking the fishy site, I might as well go to the Celebrity Home Page and check the current prices :o

My cruise is fully booked so there is no way on Gods green earth there will be a price reduction.

We are on the same cruise and yes looks totally booked except for one suite and one inside cabin. It will be interesting to see when final payment time comes. I currently have a gty booking so “shot in the dark here’!