Rock on!

VMax1700

Iron Butterfly, Chief~ :D How 'bout the Moody Blues and 'Nights in White Satin?'

And, a vote for the 'Whiter Shade of Pale' as well.

No one has said anything about Gloria Gaynor. Her rendition of I'll Survive is infectious for me when I hear it! Am I her only surviving fan?

No one has said anything about Gloria Gaynor. Her rendition of I'll Survive is infectious for me when I hear it! Am I her only surviving fan?

Disco is not rock & roll. In fact, real rock fans wanted nothing to do with disco back in the 70's. Sorry.

We maintain A Whiter Shade of Pale is one of the best songs of all time. :cool:

I am an 80's kid who had Silent Generation parents with good taste in music.

Grateful Dead, Creedence, Doobies, Hollies, Mama and Papas, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Allman Bros., Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, and the list goes on. I looked forwards to road trips because my parents picked the best tunes.

Married a man with great taste in music too. We have done the same for our son. He collects vinyl. Yeah, vinyl is back! ;):D

Looking forward to it! On our last cruise, the two piano guys played "Highway to ...". I was shocked, the crowd loved it.

A few nights later they played " Shook me all night long". Never thought we would hear AC/DC on a HAL cruise.

The only thing constant is change. Can't wait for our next cruise. Hopefully, they will bring this in fleet wide.

Disco music is part of the music range that this new venue is supposed to cover, if I understand what I have read. To have a music group not play I'll Survive or Rollin' on the River or Last Dance would be disappointing to me.

Those of us who still enjoy such music still cruise, spend money, and are not yet among the deceased!

Looking forward to it! On our last cruise, the two piano guys played "Highway to ...". I was shocked, the crowd loved it.

A few nights later they played " Shook me all night long". Never thought we would hear AC/DC on a HAL cruise.

The only thing constant is change. Can't wait for our next cruise. Hopefully, they will bring this in fleet wide.

Highway is 40 years old next year. By comparison, the TV show "Happy Days" was only set 20 years in the past when it first aired I remember hearing "Hotel California" being called an oldie in the mid 80s. It's only gone downhill from there.

We maintain A Whiter Shade of Pale is one of the best songs of all time. :cool:

I am an 80's kid who had Silent Generation parents with good taste in music.

Grateful Dead, Creedence, Doobies, Hollies, Mama and Papas, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Allman Bros., Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, and the list goes on. I looked forwards to road trips because my parents picked the best tunes.

Married a man with great taste in music too. We have done the same for our son. He collects vinyl. Yeah, vinyl is back! ;):D

Best version right here, with full (Danish) orchestra

Here's a vote for Gen X night:

Prince, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Metallica, U2, Beastie Boys, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, REM, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Green Day, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machines, Nine Inch Nails.

And Millennial night:

Maroon 5, Blink 182, My Chemical Romance, Panic at the Disco,The Killers, White Stripes, Linking Park, 3 Doors Down, Gorillaz, Modest Mouse, Disturbed, Muse, Imagine Dragons, Breaking Benjamins, AFI, All American Rejects, 21 Pilots.

Another vote for 70’s era Santana.

Carlos had the best of the best backing him up. His drummer, Graham Lear now tours with singer, Paul Anka.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

A very talented rock drummer. Absolutely blew my mind with his drum solo at Woodstock.