Future cruise bookings

SallyKB

We booked a future cruise on our recent cruise to Canada and New England. We were told the booking would be transferred to our travel agent and I was just wondering, in people's experience, how long this process takes. We were booked with a big box travel agent so I presume we will receive an email from them, but I would like to know how long before I need to contact them.

Reservation & Transfers

Q. Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Celebrity Cruises?

A. Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a travel agent, please complete this form

We booked a future cruise on our recent cruise to Canada and New England. We were told the booking would be transferred to our travel agent and I was just wondering, in people's experience, how long this process takes. We were booked with a big box travel agent so I presume we will receive an email from them, but I would like to know how long before I need to contact them.

Was your recent cruises booked with the same TA?

If yes, the TA should already have the booking.

We recently transferred our on-board booking to a Canadian big box store and had to contact the store to get the transfer completed.

If you book on board and assign it to the same TA that booked the cruise you are on at the time they will get access to the reservation immediately. It is actually booked under them. There is no transfer involved.

Steve

Sometimes, it can take up to a few weeks before hearing back from a big box TA. If you have the paperwork given onboard, go ahead and call your TA to make sure they have the booking. Do not wait to hear from them.

Sometimes, it can take up to a few weeks before hearing back from a big box TA. If you have the paperwork given onboard, go ahead and call your TA to make sure they have the booking. Do not wait to hear from them.

Exactly. On two occasions the big box store was not showing our bookings weeks after they were made. So I inquired and was told the listings were in their system but had not yet been entered in my account which was done immediately when I called. They must be deluged with thousands of transfers, especially now that they give cash cards rather than OBC.

Usually the TA that you had booked for the cruise you were on will be the one assigned if you asked it to be transferred.

If you don’t want to use the same TA you would have needed to tell them to keep it with Celebrity and than call to tranfer it. If you knew of a TA that you wanted to use you could have also put in a request for that TA to be on the booking

It is best to call your TA and ask if they received it and also give them the booking number so they can do the follow up and paperwork.

As soon as I make a on board booking I notify my TA and make sure that he gets it. I either do it email or WiFi calling using the minutes from CC or the perk of I have all 4

You have 60 days to transfer from Celebrity but if it was assigned to a TA it may be difficult to get them to release it to someone else.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That reminds me. :D When I make a booking onboard, I ask them to take the travel agent off of the booking. I do so because my TA frequently has specials that I want to take advantage of. A special may not always be in place during the time we are booking onboard. So when a TA special does pop up, I have the booking switched to them and receive more perks. This does have to happen within 60 days of the original booking. So I keep a close eye on my emails announcing specials. ;)And more often than not, my TA has a lower price on our category. She will gladly take the booking over, give us the lower fare, plus perks, and we still retain the extra perks for booking onboard.

I know we aren't allowed to discuss named companies or agents on this board, however, is anyone willing to explain known companies, via email or some other communication? I've tried googling without any luck and would like to have an understanding who is a TA, who is a big box TA, etc.,

I know we aren't allowed to discuss named companies or agents on this board, however, is anyone willing to explain known companies, via email or some other communication? I've tried googling without any luck and would like to have an understanding who is a TA, who is a big box TA, etc.,

There are many ways to book a cruise just like shopping for groceries

You have the small mom and pop neighborhood stores that may belong to a buying group.

You have the larger independent grocery stores

You have the ultra large chains that are national

You have the large wholesalers

If you look on line you will find many different ways to book a cruise. And like most things that you google if you hit enough sites you will eventually start getting pop ups from many advertising cruises.

One of the larger TA is the one that owns this forum and a very popular travel review

Just google

cheapest way to book a cruise

Best cruise prices

Then you will need air fare so google lowest air fare for a cruise

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Big box TA refers to the Travel Agency division of a membership warehouse store. There are only three major membership warehouse store chains and only two of the three currently have Travel Agency divisions.

You should be able to find them with a Google Search.

And to find internet cruise TAs other than those associated with big box stores, all you need to do is Google "online cruise travel agency."

When selecting a big box or other internet TA, be sure to check for any fees that they may charge for cancellations or changes. The big box TA that I use has none, but some of the other internet TAs do.

When we booked our upcoming cruise on our last cruise, they already found our TA when we received the paperwork while on board. Then when we returned, we contacted our TA, and our reservation was already. We were able to take advantage of the perks from booking on board, while retaining our TA, who is actually a friend of ours.