Rates are down for the Inaugural Cruises!!!

Iamthesea

I received a promo email from my large and well known travel agent with some great new rates on both the 12/9 and 12/16 cruises. Good perks, as well! I don't know if Celebrity has also reduced the rates, but thought I would post an FYI to check it out. Sorry that I cannot name the TA. :(

Those that are already booked on one of these two sailings could possibly upgrade their stateroom.

Example: An A2 is currently $2199 pp, pre tax. We paid $2099+ pp way back, but the rate for the last several months has been around $3100 pp.

That A2 price of $2199 for the Dec Sailings sounds good..

Checked pricing for our AQ Class cruise date of Jan 27th

Only one available cabin is offered on X website. An aft with bed by Veranda for $4124 pp , We paid $1749 pp... for better location, bed by Veranda,

Amazing how much it has increased. Making final payment soon...YAY!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I am wondering. We are booked on a back-to-back cruise in March 2019 on Edge. I just received a call from Celebrity offering me a $100 on board credit if I would be willing to pay the entire cruise fare now!! First, I didn't think $100 was enough incentive to pay the entire fare now. Second, I am wondering why on earth we were presented with such an offer. Could it be that folks who have booked are having second thoughts?  We've never had Celebrity call us before with an advance payment in full incentive. I'm really curious about why Celebrity is seeking such an advance payment.

Sounds odd..wonder why as well and agree not worth it.  When is your final payment due,?  Maybe someone wants your cabin??

We will make final payment on our Jan 2019, EDGE cruise this week..

After that cruise we can decide about our Nov 2019 booking...got a good price for a Sunset Veranda  but want to see how we like it.

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sounds odd..wonder why as well and agree not worth it.  When is your final payment due,?  Maybe someone wants your cabin??

We will make final payment on our Jan 2019, EDGE cruise this week..

After that cruise we can decide about our Nov 2019 booking...got a good price for a Sunset Veranda  but want to see how we like it.

To be perfectly honest, at first I thought the offer was bogus. The man announced himself as calling from Celebrity, but the phone ID said 1 800 service. Then he made the offer of $100 OBC to pay in full now. I decided he was legitimate because he knew when we were planning to sail on Edge.  I think our final payment may be due in late January. The other truth is that frankly we are considering postponing Edge for a year because there are other cruises that interest us more in that same time frame in 1919.

I am wondering if other folks are backing out. If Celebrity gets full payment, cancellations and postponements are less likely. Or, maybe as you say, others want cabins and Celebrity would like to sell them to those truly eager to sail on Edge. 

We received a phone call yesterday offering us a “deal” of $100 off a cabin for the second inaugural voyage since we were already on the 1st.

This wouldn't even cover our airline change fee if we happened to have the dollars/vacation time to stay on another week!

4 hours ago, omarchs said:

We received a phone call yesterday offering us a “deal” of $100 off a cabin for the second inaugural voyage since we were already on the 1st.

This wouldn't even cover our airline change fee if we happened to have the dollars/vacation time to stay on another week!

Yes, I got one of those calls yesterday too. Wow, a whole $100 off. Such a deal! Why do they waste time with calls like that this close in unless it’s a substantial discount?

I have been tracking prices on E3 cabin... for the Dec 16 cruise. We paid $1999/pp plus 2 perks back in April.... a few weeks later the price for the same class cabin jumped to $2479 with $300 OBC.... it stayed there... but in Aug dropped to $2189 w $300 OBC... it has stayed there plus or minus a few dollars over the past several months. Checked again yesterday... about $2179 with 2 perks. BUT the later sailings have been very high. I have not tracked these. I am a bit surprised at how many cabins remain for the Dec 16 sailing. Perhaps people are concerned about being on a new ship during the initial sailings. But if you want to try Edge... I suggest trying one of these early sailings. The CEO will be on board and it should be a bit more special than a normal cruise.