B2B Cruises - Why do you do it?

Grommet

Are there travel agents that specialize in b2b cruises?

I’ve never heard of this. Not much to specialize in, you just book both cruises and make sure they know you’re b2b. Some travel agents will work to try and get you the same room, but I never bother asking mine to do it as they move all your stuff for you anyways.

So there is no financial incentive from the cruise line for booking b2b, you are in reality booking two separate cruises.

Not from RC. I know Celebrity will discount B2B cruises depending on the length of the cruises. Our B2B cruises have always been two 7 day cruises so we get $50.00 off per leg from Celebrity.

Nothing to putting together a B2B cruise. I do it all the time. We always book early too ensure we get the same cabin we want for both legs and our dining preference.

Hello fellow DS!! :cool::D

It is indeed nice not to have to drag me kicking and screaming to get off the ship at the end of the first cruise when I don't want to leave. :D:cool::')

On Royal, the Next Cruise staff have had a sheet showing the b2b options, especially including TA’s. Sometimes you have to ask. They can certainly help you if they haven’t already printed one.

A really good TA might have some ideas, but they wouldn’t know all there is available.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is indeed nice not to have to drag me kicking and screaming to get off the ship at the end of the first cruise when I don't want to leave. :D:cool::')

Yes it is my fellow DS. Life is good. Welcome back. :wine-glass:

When we were on Vision in February 2017 a couple we spoke to in the DL were doing 4 back to back cruises over 4 weeks with the same itinerary

Doing a back to back for the first time. We will be in the same cabin. What are the logistics of doing this?Do you have to get off the ship and then get back on? Do you have much time alone on the ship before the next cruisers board? Are the restaurants, bars, pools etc open?

Our b2b's start with me looking for a repositioning cruise. Then, I look at the cruise before and after that one. This way it's the same ship, but 3 different itineraries.

So, I guess my answer is the itineraries, plus repositioning cruises tend to be slightly cheaper, especially the Transatlantics.

Yes it is my fellow DS. Life is good. Welcome back. :wine-glass:

Thanks! :cool:

Off again on the 26th, land yacht headed down for a 5 week stay in the Florida Keys, spending a tropical turkey day there as well.

Quick 2 day turnaround when we get back...and it's "ahhhh" time as this Royal DS spends some quality time on Oasis. :D

Once a DS always a DS.[emoji106] [emoji636] [emoji631] [emoji460] [emoji464] [emoji482] [emoji485] [emoji484]

LOL! Agree, they can take the DS thread out...but they can't take the DS from our Royal blood. ;) (y)(y):wine-glass:

Edited by island lady

Thanks! :cool:

Off again on the 26th, land yacht headed down for a 5 week stay in the Florida Keys, spending a tropical turkey day there as well.

Quick 2 day turnaround when we get back...and it's "ahhhh" time as this Royal DS spends some quality time on Oasis. :D

You have a true DS lifestyle.

Doing a back to back for the first time. We will be in the same cabin. What are the logistics of doing this?Do you have to get off the ship and then get back on? Do you have much time alone on the ship before the next cruisers board? Are the restaurants, bars, pools etc open?

You did the right thing keeping the same cabin...makes it sooo much easier! :)

Me, I would not book a B2B unless I kept the same cabin. Does not bother some, but I like staying put...both ship and cabin.

Some ships will let you get off (giving you a pass or new cards) and some will not. We had to get off in Vancouver, but only with security guards ushering us through customs in the terminal and then right back on. Pools open, but no shops, restaurants, or bars until next group of pax start to board. We were told to hang out in the empty dining room on that one. Each ship and port seems to do it differently.

Why I like B2B's.

As a retired guy who lives where it gets cold in the winter I prefer to cruise in the Caribbean for the warm weather.

Normally I cruise for 10 weeks from Oct. - Dec., come home the first week of Jan. to pay the yearly bills, then head down to San Juan to cruise the southern Caribbean from Jan. thru May.

A side benefit of cruising the southern Caribbean is that you're in Aruba (a Dutch island) every other week, which means you can get your prescriptions filled at a vastly lower price. For example, a 3 month prescription that would cost me $470 in the States only costs $50 in Aruba. Saves $1680 annually.

My retirement plan initially was to buy a home in Florida and live there 6 months a year and in Virginia for the other 6.

However, you can only be in one place at a time and having 2 places means you need 2 of everything. So, from a cost perspective it is much cheaper cruising than being a double home owner.

But, the big difference is this. You are sailing every week with about 4,000 different folks who have paid good money to have a good time.

To me that is the best recipe for having a good time while you're away from home.

Plus, you don't have to grocery shop, cook or clean, especially the bathrooms.

For me it all adds up to a nice, simple, enjoyable lifestyle.

• Like 1