I thought Dogs weren't allowed?

1 hour ago, deepcman said:

Just returned from 2 weeks on the NCL Getaway and there wasn't a dog in sight. Royal needs to learn something. 

I hope NCL allows service dogs so their customers can enjoy cruising.     Does NCL restrict service dogs? 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2018 at 10:03 AM, Ragoczy said:

Who'd I threaten and how? By saying that I'd respond to my wife being "loudly confronted" with a response of my own? Is it really your contention that someone should *not* respond to that?  They should just take it? Really? 

Dude, you need to chill

This thread and our rants are about people who abuse the system.

You and your wife obviously do not  abuse the system and absolutely need your service animal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Dude, you need to chill

This thread and our rants are about people who abuse the system.

You and your wife obviously do not  abuse the system and absolutely need your service animal.  

But what gives YOU the right to decide which dog is a genuine service dog or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

But what gives YOU the right to decide which dog is a genuine service dog or not.

I think most of us have a decent filter for spotting fakers.  Not all and not always, but some are very flagrant and their only need is for attention. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Hence this goes back to my post about requiring medical clearance to bring the animal.  I know Ragoczy disagreed with me, and this his right, but it would eliminate (or make it difficult) for people to game the system.  I'm not asking you to hand over your medical records just get a note from a doctor (or have some type of certificate you can keep) that you have to show the cruise line.  That way the cruise knows why the service dog is on board.

Again, just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

I think most of us have a decent filter for spotting fakers.  Not all and not always, but some are very flagrant and their only need is for attention. 

That’s why I’ve been abused more times than I can count, for some days using a wheelchair (embarking in particular) other times a walker and yet others stick(S) it can change by the day even the hour.

so I seriously doubt that most have decent filters for spotting fakers. Rather the6 like to think they can.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

Hence this goes back to my post about requiring medical clearance to bring the animal.  I know Ragoczy disagreed with me, and this his right, but it would eliminate (or make it difficult) for people to game the system.  I'm not asking you to hand over your medical records just get a note from a doctor (or have some type of certificate you can keep) that you have to show the cruise line.  That way the cruise knows why the service dog is on board.

Again, just my 2 cents.

Which as I understand your ADA is against the law.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

If the damn dog is sitting on a chair in the main dining room as shown in this thread I think we can take an educated guess :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by PhoenixCruiser
typo
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

If the damn dog is sitting on a chair in the main dining room as shown in this thread I think we can take an educated guess :classic_rolleyes:

It could still be a genuine service dog with a handler that tries to spoil it too much in appreciation of all the dog does for them.

but feel free to continue judging when you’re haven’t walked a mile in their shoes.

my dog serves multiple purposes each of which my wife can fill when I am on a cruise, as she is with me, so Max stays home (I also unsure he would like the restrictions I would put on him on a ship) none of his tasks would be negated by him being dressed up (something I personally dislike and have never done to a dog other than for a shirt special event) being in a pram for much of the time (again not my scene) or even sitt8ng on a chair, in fact he spends much of his time on my wheelchair or our leather lounges. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

It could still be a genuine service dog with a handler that tries to spoil it too much in appreciation of all the dog does for them.

but feel free to continue judging when you’re haven’t walked a mile in their shoes.

my dog serves multiple purposes each of which my wife can fill when I am on a cruise, as she is with me, so Max stays home (I also unsure he would like the restrictions I would put on him on a ship) none of his tasks would be negated by him being dressed up (something I personally dislike and have never done to a dog other than for a shirt special event) being in a pram for much of the time (again not my scene) or even sitt8ng on a chair, in fact he spends much of his time on my wheelchair or our leather lounges. 

I don't care if the "service" dog is curing cancer. IT DOES NOT BELONG ON A CHAIR THAT HUMANS SIT ON. 

I'm allergic to dogs, don't I matter? Why should I go into a sneezing fit because some insecure fool didn't get hugged enough, and needs his DOG to sit in a chair next to him on a cruise ship.

Edited by bbryan5
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, bbryan5 said:

I don't care if the "service" dog is curing cancer. IT DOES NOT BELONG ON A CHAIR THAT HUMANS SIT ON. 

I'm allergic to dogs, don't I matter? Why should I go into a sneezing fit because some insecure fool didn't get hugged enough, and needs his DOG to sit in a chair next to him on a cruise ship.

In general, no, service dogs should not be on public furniture.

If your allergies, though, are that bad, then the hair on my clothes, transferred to that chair, will be just as bad. So you have a different issue to deal with.

Now, a mobility dog is going to be right up next to that chair so it's handler can grasp the handle and stand up. A dog retrieving things might put paws up to hand something to the handler. An alert dog might put paws in the handler's lap while he sits there. 

All of these things are going to transfer dander. What should those fools do? 

13 minutes ago, bbryan5 said:

I agree it shouldn’t be on the chair, but be8ng on the chair doesn’t mean it’s not a service dog.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ragoczy said:

In general, no, service dogs should not be on public furniture.

If your allergies, though, are that bad, then the hair on my clothes, transferred to that chair, will be just as bad. So you have a different issue to deal with.

Now, a mobility dog is going to be right up next to that chair so it's handler can grasp the handle and stand up. A dog retrieving things might put paws up to hand something to the handler. An alert dog might put paws in the handler's lap while he sits there. 

All of these things are going to transfer dander. What should those fools do? 

Hair on your clothing is the same as an actual dog sitting in a chair that I might sit it?? No, it's not. 

I'm glad the SCAM, that is the "service dog" craze is finally being called out across the country. Seeing eye dog? No problem. Legit service dog? Go for it. Emotional support dog?? GET A LIFE.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bbryan5 said:

And most service dogs are of the hypoallergenic breeds.

Just now, bbryan5 said:

Hair on your clothing is the same as an actual dog sitting in a chair that I might sit it?? No, it's not. 

I'm glad the SCAM, that is the "service dog" craze is finally being called out across the country. Seeing eye dog? No problem. Legit service dog? Go for it. Emotional support dog?? GET A LIFE.

How does a legit service dog have less impact on your allergies than one YOU don’t think is legit?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

How does a legit service dog have less impact on your allergies than one YOU don’t think is legit?

That's not the point. I'm saying if someone needs a dog for a LEGIT reason (NOT EMOTIONAL SUPPORT) I have no problem with them having one. Could it still affect my allergies? Obviously. I have a problem with ANY service animal sitting on human furniture, tho. A dog is an animal, not a human.. as much as some whack-a-dos out there think that their dog is equal to a human.. it's not. I'm sorry this is so hard for you to understand. Perhaps you should go hug your emotional support panda, or elephant, or whatever...

Edited by bbryan5
  • Like 2