I thought Dogs weren't allowed?

6 minutes ago, bbryan5 said:

Hair on your clothing is the same as an actual dog sitting in a chair that I might sit it?? No, it's not. 

I'm glad the SCAM, that is the "service dog" craze is finally being called out across the country. Seeing eye dog? No problem. Legit service dog? Go for it. Emotional support dog?? GET A LIFE.

While I, myself, don't believe ESAs should have public access, and they don't, your singular lack of any empathy for those with mental illnesses which are relieved by ESAs, as well as your bizarre need to use phrases like "whack-a-do" about those with mental illness, shows exactly what sort of person you are. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ragoczy said:

While I, myself, don't believe ESAs should have public access, and they don't, your singular lack of any empathy for those with mental illnesses which are relieved by ESAs, as well as your bizarre need to use phrases like "whack-a-do" about those with mental illness, shows exactly what sort of person you are. 

That's exactly what I have a problem with. The use of ESA's has been completely exploited by those that have NO NEED FOR THEM. The person that thinks of their dog as an equal to a human, fills out some bogus paperwork, and BAM, now they have a ESA. Lighten up, francis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bbryan5 said:

And I never said people with mental illness are whack-a-dos.. I said people who think their dog is equal to a human, is a whack-a-do. And I stand by that statement 100%.

Your statements about ESAs have all been denigrating of the people who utilize them. They are not service dogs, no, and shouldn't have public access, but speaking of their needs in the way you do tells me all I need to know about you. Luckily the forum has an ignore button. May you receive into your own life that which you wish on others only ten-fold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

That’s why I’ve been abused more times than I can count, for some days using a wheelchair (embarking in particular) other times a walker and yet others stick(S) it can change by the day even the hour.

so I seriously doubt that most have decent filters for spotting fakers. Rather the6 like to think they can.

Apples to oranges.  Totally invalid comparison.

6 minutes ago, bbryan5 said:

And I never said people with mental illness are whack-a-dos.. I said people who think their dog is equal to a human, is a whack-a-do. And I stand by that statement 100%.

Ahh yes... the arrogance of humans. Thank goodness there are no other creatures on this planet with such hubris, greed, and disregard for life. 

BTW - My dog is more important to me than any other human, including myself. I guess I am a "whack-a-do," (sic) although my grammar is intact. 🙂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Ahh yes... the arrogance of humans. Thank goodness there are no other creatures on this planet with such hubris, greed, and disregard for life. 

BTW - My dog is more important to me than any other human, including myself. I guess I am a "whack-a-do," (sic) although my grammar is intact. 🙂

I would disagree, you are not a “whack-a-do”.  

I have read you state on numerous occasions that you would never subject your dog to a cruise. You love your pup enough to know that it is better to leave him, or her, at home. I have a great deal of respect for you, for saying and doing that. 

I find it really pathetic, that some of my valid posts/responses were removed from this forum, without reason (anonymously).

This was done by some moderator.

This was regarding my family members with service dogs, and my family members with allergies to them.

To the "Moderator", "show your face" instead of "Steering" and defending other members whom you are loyal to!

Pathetic!

Edited by FireEMT978
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Totally valid to claims that peopl a spot fakes.

I would never question someone using a walking aid.  It's pretty obvious when someone is pushing a little fluffy in a stroller dressed in a full outfit encouraging people to pet fluffy that it's not a proper service animal.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I would never question someone using a walking aid.  It's pretty obvious when someone is pushing a little fluffy in a stroller dressed in a full outfit encouraging people to pet fluffy that it's not a proper service animal.

Actually it’s not, there are tasks a service dog can do just a swell in a stroller and dress (both of which I’d never subject my dog too) as they can unadorned.

53 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

But I understand what Gut2407 was trying to say. I walk perfectly fine some days. I cannot stand for long periods or walk distances, so I use a scooter when cruising. When I elect to park my scooter and walk through the line in the Windjammer,  or to sit in a "normal" seat in the theater, people will sometimes comment. They think that, because my walk looks normal, I just use a scooter for kicks. My walk only looks normal because I've trained myself to hide the pain.

Although everyone here has different opinions about the solution to the problem, I think we all agree that those who abuse the system by calling their pets emotional support animals make life harder for those who need and use actual service animals.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bbryan5 said:

Emotional support animal.. give me a BREAK!!

Are you suggesting therapy/enotional support animals don’t serve a useful purpose/service?

I would like you to tell that to my buddy’s face.  He suffers from PTSD.  His dog keeps the Sarge from going into a deep depression.

http://usdogregistry.org/information/information-on-emotional-support-dogs/

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

3 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Which confirms my understanding

• When it is not obvious what service an animal provides, only limited inquiries are allowed. Staff may ask two questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability, and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform. Staff cannot ask about the person’s disability, require medical documentation, require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog, or ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task.

1 hour ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Are you suggesting therapy/enotional support animals don’t serve a useful purpose/service?

I would like you to tell that to my buddy’s face.  He suffers from PTSD.  His dog keeps the Sarge from going into a deep depression.

http://usdogregistry.org/information/information-on-emotional-support-dogs/

King

Understand as I spent 2yrs at Phoenix VA myself with our fellow Veterans. Not sure you realize Royal Caribbean has changed it's policy on ESA as they are no longer allowed on board exception is: Emotional support animals noted on reservations prior to July 30, 2018, are protected and will be allowed to sail.

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Understand as I spent 2yrs at Phoenix VA myself with our fellow Veterans. Not sure you realize Royal Caribbean has changed it's policy on ESA as they are no longer allowed on board exception is: Emotional support animals noted on reservations prior to July 30, 2018, are protected and will be allowed to sail.

Thank you.  I did not know that.

Thank you for your service to the country..

King

15 hours ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

Hence this goes back to my post about requiring medical clearance to bring the animal.  I know Ragoczy disagreed with me, and this his right, but it would eliminate (or make it difficult) for people to game the system.  I'm not asking you to hand over your medical records just get a note from a doctor (or have some type of certificate you can keep) that you have to show the cruise line.  That way the cruise knows why the service dog is on board.

Again, just my 2 cents.

A doctor's letter will not work as people will get fake letters off the internet. 

18 minutes ago, Ragoczy said:

The problem with your disagreement is that you are wrong.

People with smaller service dogs do use strollers on longer trips, and neither dress nor being allowed to be petted have anything to do with validity. The dog's behavior is the only way to tell, and that only if it is not under the control of the handler. Barking, lunging, defecating -- yes, that's either not a service dog or the dog is having a bad day and the handler should remove it from public.

Your statements and subsequent disagreement, even in the face of information from people who know far more about the subject than you do, perpetuates myths that encourage others to accost handlers as "fakes" when they're legitimate. You might as well be saying, "Anyone who parks in a handicapped spot but seems to walk 'fine' is a fake."

My wife allows hers to be petted. A friend dresses hers up and dyes his fur. They have very real issues that are alleviated by their service dogs, and for you to spout utterly wrong "signs" about spotting fakes is irresponsible and damaging. 

Ignorance on a subject is one thing -- refusing education when it's presented is quite another.

Blah blah blah.. ESA's are a scam. You have to realize that your OPINION is that the end all.. 

• Like 1